Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

🎄CHRISTMAS TV FILM WATCH 2022 🎅

edited December 2022 in Not Sports Related
Here we go again - It's Chriiiisssttttmmmaaasss ! 
Three recommendations from free to air TV and three from Satellite/Cable/Streaming TV plus one film to avoid every day.
I have a movie twitter page that has over twelve thousand followers if anyone want's to have a look http://www.twitter.com/MoviePolls4U

SATURDAY 17th of DECEMBER
---------------------------------------------------------
3.00PM       -    GREAT! movies                   -    THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS   ( Recommended film of the day)
6.25PM       -    E4                                       -    STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS
9.00PM       -    CHANNEL 4                        -    KNIVES OUT
5.40PM       -    SKY CINEMA THRILLER       -    A FEW GOOD MEN
10.15PM     -    SKY CINEMA HITS               -    DJANGO UNCHAINED
ANYTIME     -    NETFLIX                             -    BOILING POINT

FILM TO AVOID
-----------------------
6.55PM       -    ITV Be                                -    TWO WEEKS NOTICE

RECOMMENDED FILM OF THE DAY
THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMOBlEcRuw8

Comments

• Yayyyy it’s back!

• It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
  • Beds for the Christmas honours list!!
  • Well we enjoyed Last Christmas last year even when you said flim to avoid.
  • edited December 2022
    Being nostalgic at Christmas time watching ‘Summer Holiday’. 100% cheese but warms the cockles of the heart. Oh for the simple, fun & care free life eh?!
  • It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas 🎅 

Yes Beds! You legend 🎄🎅♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️
  • Well we enjoyed Last Christmas last year even when you said flim to avoid.
    You must have been on the sherry ! 
    …sometimes, having low expectations helps with the experience.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done beds. Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without you and your annual thread. 

Knives Out, the stand out film for me. Good cast and very amusing. 
    Been meaning to watch it for ages but out tonight, hopefully might stay on All4 for a while.
  • meldrew66 said:
    Well we enjoyed Last Christmas last year even when you said flim to avoid.
    You must have been on the sherry ! 
    …sometimes, having low expectations helps with the experience.
    This also applies when watching Charlton. 
  • Boiling Point is good too. 
  • Pick a good film from bbc 1 or bbc 2 that might be worth a second look at please.
  • Pick a good film from bbc 1 or bbc 2 that might be worth a second look at please.
    Why? do you only have the two channels ? ;-)

If i had to pick one that that isn't on my list i'd say The Eagle Has landed at 7.25 on BBC2 but it's way too long and plodding for my liking. 
  • I see that The Pursuit of Happyness required not watching the game, at half time, I'm unwilling to asset the wisdom, or otherwise, of that choice...

Mind you, I'm utterly shocked that you missed Margaret Rutherford as Ms Marple in Murder Ahoy on 5Select at 2:35pm.
  • I see that The Pursuit of Happyness required not watching the game, at half time, I'm unwilling to asset the wisdom, or otherwise, of that choice...

Mind you, I'm utterly shocked that you missed Margaret Rutherford as Ms Marple in Murder Ahoy on 5Select at 2:35pm.
    We watched one yesterday.
    I just love her as Marple 😍

We watched one yesterday.
    I just love her as Marple 😍
    she was the best
  • I really liked Knives out.
    Had the feel of a really old whodunnit but was comical at the same time.

Can't say iv'e seen it before 
  • Sponsored links:

Why? do you only have the two channels ? ;-)

If i had to pick one that that isn't on my list i'd say The Eagle Has landed at 7.25 on BBC2 but it's way too long and plodding for my liking. 
    No have 50 plus channels. 

Tv is not what it was.

Eagle had landed seen so many times one day it might have a different ending.But yes good film.
  • The Great Escape, Escape to Victory, Heroes of Telemark.

If only I could find the Longest Day and you could shut the thread now!

There are two more Margaret Rutherford Marples tomorrow, on 5Select, starting with Murder at the Gallop at 1:25pm, followed by Murder Most Foul at 3:05pm.

Black and white, taking serious liberties with the Christie canon, but Margaret Rutherford is just wonderful.

Well worth a watch, IMHO...
  • edited December 2022
    SUNDAY 18th of DECEMBER
    5.50PM       -    CHANNEL 5                     -    THE ITALIAN JOB
    9.00PM       -    FILM4                              -    JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 3 - PARABELLUM
    9.00PM       -    5ACTION                         -    UNFORGIVEN
    5.25PM       -    SKY CINEMA ACTION       -    GLADIATOR
    10.05PM     -    SKY CINEMA HITS            -    MASS  (Recommended film of the day)
    ANYTIME     -    AMAZON PRIME               -    A PLACE BEYOND THE PINES

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    10.00PM     -    SKY CINEMA COMEDY     -    WHITE CHICKS

MASS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgvsfKhGdgI

There are two more Margaret Rutherford Marples tomorrow, on 5Select, starting with Murder at the Gallop at 1:25pm, followed by Murder Most Foul at 3:05pm.

Black and white, taking serious liberties with the Christie canon, but Margaret Rutherford is just wonderful.

Well worth a watch, IMHO...
    Murder at the Gallop ,went with my mother to the picture place Eltham High St to watch that early 1960s
  • edited December 2022
    White chicks is one of my ultimate guilty pleasure films - it's lame but good at the same time. Terry Crews is brilliant in this

also bonus Christmas connection - it has the dad from Home alone in it
  • edited December 2022
    SUNDAY 18th of DECEMBER
    5.50PM       -    CHANNEL 5                     -    THE ITALIAN JOB
    9.00PM       -    FILM4                              -    JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 3 - PARABELLUM
    9.00PM       -    5ACTION                         -    UNFORGIVEN
    5.25PM       -    SKY CINEMA ACTION       -    GLADIATOR
    10.05PM     -    SKY CINEMA HITS            -    MASS  (Recommended film of the day)
    ANYTIME     -    AMAZON PRIME               -    A PLACE BEYOND THE PINES

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    10.00PM     -    SKY CINEMA COMEDY     -    WHITE CHICKS

MASS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgvsfKhGdgI
    I’m a big film fan and yet never heard of ‘Mass’! Will definitely give it a go. Thanks for the tip.
  • edited December 2022
    The Terry Crews scenes in White Chicks are laugh out loud funny.
  • edited December 2022
    Will be watching Knive’s out today and then Mass later once I’ve done the WC final.
  • a place beyond the pines is very good