Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

🎄CHRISTMAS TV FILM WATCH 2022 🎅

Comments

• IdleHans said:
    Thanks for doing this again @Bedsaddick, and I'm very pleased you're here to do it after the year you've had. It's a proper CL fixture in the calendar and much appreciated.
    Thanks. At one stage I really didn’t think I’d be around to do this again . I’ve been lucky 
    And we’re luckier still 😁
  • edited December 2022
    MONDAY 19th of DECEMBER
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    2.45PM       -    ITV                                   -    BACK TO THE FUTURE
    5.30PM       -    BBC2                                -    PORRIDGE
    11.10PM     -    ITV4                                 -    THE DIRTY DOZEN
    8.00PM       -    SKY CINEMA HITS             -    MUD
    10.00PM     -    SKY CINEMA THRILLER     -    GONE GIRL
    Anytime      -    APPLE TV+                       -    CODA  (Recommended film of the day)

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    9.50PM       -    SKY CINEMA COMEDY      -    DRILLBIT TAYLOR

RECOMMENDED FILM OF THE DAY
    CODA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6R7eI_HhvU
  • I really liked Knives out.
    Had the feel of a really old whodunnit but was comical at the same time.
    Knives Out 2 is out on Netflix this coming Friday 👍🏼
  • Mass is a tough watch but good film. I think Jason Isaacs is a very underrated actor 
  • Mass is a tough watch but good film. I think Jason Isaacs is a very underrated actor 
    It’s in my top five of 2022 . As you say , tough but a great film . 
  • A Star is Born on now on BBC2, absolutely loved that film
    Watching it now.
  • Sponsored links:

Watching it now.
    Let me know what you think. 
  • Saw 49th Parralel. Powell and Pressburger classic
    I enjoyed the first half but the second half turned into the Lady Ga Ga show. 
    Watching it now.
    " Enjoyed " it, Beds, although maybe that's not the best word to use. 

Harrowing & gut wrenching at times, which made for an uncomfortable watch but compelling.

The first words I uttered when it had ended were " SO many lines for those actors to learn ! "

We'd finished the penultimate episode of The Handmaiden's Tale before watching the film and commented that it was interesting to see Ann Dowd in a completely different context in Mass. 
    Watching it now.
    " Enjoyed " it, Beds, although maybe that's not the best word to use. 

Harrowing & gut wrenching at times, which made for an uncomfortable watch but compelling.

The first words I uttered when it had ended were " SO many lines for those actors to learn ! "

We'd finished the penultimate episode of The Handmaiden's Tale before watching the film and commented that it was interesting to see Ann Dowd in a completely different context in Mass. 
    Yeah I'm just starting the final season of Handmaiden's and she's fantastic in that. Her role couldn't be more opposite to that of MASS. She's a great character actor. Very underrated. 
  • edited December 2022
    TUESDAY 20th of DECEMBER
    9.00PM       -    BBC2                                -    THE GOOD LIAR
    9.00PM       -    ITV4                                 -    APOLLO 13
    12.55AM     -    FILM4                              -    MOTHER!
    5.25PM       -    SKY CINEMA THRILLER     -    PRISONERS  (Recommended film of the day)
    9.00PM       -    SKY DOCUMENTARIES      -    SENNA
    Anytime      -    NETFLIX                           -    THE GRAY MAN

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    8.00PM       -    ITV2                                 -    MAMMA MIA! HERE WE GO AGAIN

PRISONERS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpXfcTF6iVk
    I enjoyed the first half but the second half turned into the Lady Ga Ga show. 
    Each to their own, I very rarely watch a film more than once but I remember really enjoying that one. Thought her and Cooper were brilliant (I’ve unsuccessfully been trying to remember her name all day so thanks for that!)
  • TUESDAY 20th of DECEMBER
    9.00PM       -    BBC2                                -    THE GOOD LIAR
    9.00PM       -    ITV4                                 -    APOLLO 13
    12.55AM     -    FILM4                              -    MOTHER!
    5.25PM       -    SKY CINEMA THRILLER     -    PRISONERS  (Recommended film of the day)
    9.00PM       -    SKY DOCUMENTARIES      -    SENNA
    Anytime      -    NETFLIX                           -    THE GRAY MAN

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    8.00PM       -    ITV2                                 -    MAMMA MIA! HERE WE GO AGAIN

PRISONERS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpXfcTF6iVk
    Excellent choice … also recommend The Good Liar
  • Coda is a brilliant film
  • Is The Good Liar the Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren one
    where he plays a con artist?
    (Spoiler only for the first few minutes, but some people like going in to a film not knowing anything much about the plot). I enjoyed that, was good fun.
  • Sponsored links:

• aliwibble said:
    Is The Good Liar the Ian McKellen and Helen Mirren one
    where he plays a con artist?
    (Spoiler only for the first few minutes, but some people like going in to a film not knowing anything much about the plot). I enjoyed that, was good fun.
    That’s the one . 
  • Sorry for the slight hijack, not sure if to put here or the films thread... 

This is Christmas (netflix) - Rom/Com
    watched this yesterday, early doors it gave love actually vibe but it's quite different. Light hearted and not bad so definately recommend if its a genre you like. 7.5/10 for me

watched this yesterday, early doors it gave love actually vibe but it's quite different. Light hearted and not bad so definately recommend if its a genre you like. 7.5/10 for me
    Any other recommendations are always welcome 👍🏼 
  • edited December 2022
    WEDNESDAY 21st of DECEMBER
    9.00PM       -    FILM4                               -    AD ASTRA
    10.30PM     -    BBC2                                -    TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY
    11.40PM     -    BBC1                                -    GAME NIGHT
    9.30PM       -    SKY CINEMA FAMILY        -    MOUSEHUNT
    9.50PM       -    SKY CINEMA PREMIERE     -    THE BATMAN
    Anytime      -    DISNEY+                          -    THE BANSHEES OF INISHERIN  (Recommended film of the day)

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    9.55PM       -    SKY CINEMA COMEDY      -    NOT ANOTHER TEEN MOVIE

THE BANSHEES OF INISHERIN
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRu3zLOJN2c

I enjoyed this too. It's based around a group of people that commute on the same train, so should appeal to all Charlton fans! 
  • I thoroughly enjoyed The Banshees of Inisherin when I saw it recently. A film I'd happily watch several times.
  • Phil said:
    I thoroughly enjoyed The Banshees of Inisherin when I saw it recently. A film I'd happily watch several times.
    Yep . My second favourite film of the year . Brilliant 
  • Really enjoyed TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY

•  The Banshees of Inisherin looks good, I will probably watch that over the Xmas period. Good to save a few things for the inevitable slow day.
    Tinker Tailor is one I will give a miss to. I was quite disappointed with it when it first came out.
  • Phil said:
    I thoroughly enjoyed The Banshees of Inisherin when I saw it recently. A film I'd happily watch several times.
    Yep . My second favourite film of the year . Brilliant 
    What was your first?