Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

🎄CHRISTMAS TV FILM WATCH 2022 🎅

Comments

• Options
    The Irishman for me
  • Options
    I’ve watched the Irishman a few times, love the film. 
    A good choice today, I’d watch the one to avoid if there was nothing else on.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Off_it said:
    Watched Goodfellas again for the first time in a while last night, such a good film. 
    The best ever in my opinion. 
    Absolutely love Goodfellas. One of my mates loves it so much I can still get a bite out of him every time we talk about it even now by eventually dropping into the conversation something like, "still, it's not as good as Dances with Wolves is it?"

Gets him every time without fail - he hates the fact it didnt win the Oscar and lost out to Dances with Wolves!
    Just done him again - my missus is watching Dances with Wolves on 5 Action so just texted my mate to tell him you can see why it won the Oscar. He just can't help himself and HAS to bite every single time!
  • Options
    Kudos for calling out The Fugitive! In my Top 10 for sure. Loving these recommendations, agreeing with them all except 'I care a lot'. 

And Goodfellas is another incredible one, let down only slightly by an underwhelming last 5 minutes, but I guess you could say that's the point. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    FRIDAY DECEMBER 30TH
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    8.00PM       -    ITV 1                                          -    SPECTRE
    9.00PM      -    GREAT! Movies                           -    A BRONX TALE
    10.00PM     -    E4                                              -    GET OUT
    8.00PM       -    SKY CINEMA COMEDY                -    HOT FUZZ
    10.05PM     -    SKY CINEMA COMEDY                -    SUPERBAD
    12.10PM     -    SKY CINEMA HITS                       -    PULP FICTION  (Recommended film of the day)

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    10.25PM     -    SKY CINEMA PREMIERE               -    THE NAN MOVIE
    RECOMMENDED FILM OF THE DAY
    PULP FICTION
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGpTpVyI_OQ
  • Options
    Just watched The Fugitive for the first time, very late 80s / early 90s but really enjoyed it 
  • Options
    FRIDAY DECEMBER 30TH
    8.00PM       -    ITV 1                                          -    SPECTRE
    9.00PM      -    GREAT! Movies                           -    A BRONX TALE
    10.00PM     -    E4                                              -    GET OUT
    8.00PM       -    SKY CINEMA COMEDY                -    HOT FUZZ
    10.05PM     -    SKY CINEMA COMEDY                -    SUPERBAD
    12.10PM     -    SKY CINEMA HITS                       -    PULP FICTION  (Recommended film of the day)

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    10.25PM     -    SKY CINEMA PREMIERE               -    THE NAN MOVIE
    PULP FICTION
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGpTpVyI_OQ
    Pulp Fiction you say?

"Check out the big brain on Beds. You're a smart mf. That's right. The metric system".
  • Options
    Just watched The Fugitive for the first time, very late 80s / early 90s but really enjoyed it 
    It's a rare film of that era that still works well today. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    NEW YEARS EVE
    3.20PM       -    ITV1                                           -    CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG
    10.40PM     -    BBC4                                          -    STAN & OLLIE
    11.10PM     -    FILM4                                         -    SEXY BEAST  (Recommended film of the day)
    6.00PM       -    SKY CINEMA ACTION                  -    THE BOURNE IDENTITY
    8.05PM       -    SKY CINEMA COMEDY                 -    THE WORLD'S END
    ANYTIME     -    AMAZON PRIME                          -    WRATH OF MAN

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    5.45PM       -    ITV4                                           -    NEW YEARS EVE
    SEXY BEAST
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at7biqHcpms
  • Options
    Escape to victory 4.35 channel 5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    I'm not a car person at all, but really enjoyed Le Mans 66 last time it was on. Can't remember if I've seen Heat, so might watch that tonight.
    It's a really good film made famous for the first ever joint scene with Robert De Niro and Al Pacino. 
    Heat, one of my all time favourites. The shootout probably the best ever filmed. 
  • Options
    Billyboy said:
    Escape to victory 4.35 channel 5
    Just missed out on my list . Thinking about it , considering Pele is in it  , it probably should have made my recommendation. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    I'm not a car person at all, but really enjoyed Le Mans 66 last time it was on. Can't remember if I've seen Heat, so might watch that tonight.
    Big question of the day is, did aliwibble watch Heat or not?
  • Options
    Film4 now the original (and best imho) West Side Story 🤩♥️
  • Options
    ZULU 
  • Options
    ZULU 
    Am watching it and completely misremembered it from my childhood. Watching in HD is great, but shows up the ketchup a bit…

Had thought the redcoats had been beaten, but spoiler alert, clearly not!
  • Options
    ZULU 
    Am watching it and completely misremembered it from my childhood. Watching in HD is great, but shows up the ketchup a bit…

Had thought the redcoats had been beaten, but spoiler alert, clearly not!
    They were smashed to pieces earlier in the day - which is shown at the start of the film and also in the prequel film, Zulu Dawn, which came out years after - but in this one it was probably an honourable draw.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    aliwibble said:
    Big question of the day is, did aliwibble watch Heat or not?
    Yep, and I hadn't seen it before, although had seen a few clips here and there (especially the diner scene) which was why I wasn't sure. Good film, but longer ago than I thought, given Natalie Portman was still playing a kid in it.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    NEW YEARS DAY
    1.15PM       -    CHANNEL 5                                 -    SINGIN' IN THE RAIN
    3.15PM       -    ITV2                                            -    E.T THE EXTRA TERRESTRIAL
    8.00PM       -    ITV1                                            -    NO TIME TO DIE   (Recommended film of the day)
    10.05PM     -    SKY CINEMA GREATS                   -    MARATHON MAN
    10.25PM     -    SKY CINEMA THRILLER                -    DRAGGED ACROSS CONCRETE
    12.50AM     -    SKY CINEMA COMEDY                 -    BAD SANTA

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    6.50PM       -    FILM 4                                         -    SISTER ACT 2: BACK IN THE HABIT
    NO TIME TO DIE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIhNsAtPbPI
  • Options
    Watched one of your early recommendations today  Beds, Pursuit of Happiness. Really enjoyed it. I’ve managed to watch more films in the last six days than I had in the whole rest of the year 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched one of your early recommendations today  Beds, Pursuit of Happiness. Really enjoyed it. I’ve managed to watch more films in the last six days than I had in the whole rest of the year 
    I love that film . Glad to be of assistance 
  • Options
    CODA was a nice film Beds; good recommendation. Wasn’t so much into MASS though I can appreciate the fine acting on a delicate subject matter.
  • Options
    Violent Night. Watched it last night.Absolutely crackers. Think Die Hard, with Father Xmas and a sledge hammer. David Harbour is very funny in it. Not for the faint hearted.
  • Options
    Violent Night. Watched it last night.Absolutely crackers. Think Die Hard, with Father Xmas and a sledge hammer. David Harbour is very funny in it. Not for the faint hearted.
    Me and the wife watched it on Christmas night.  It was a lot of fun.
  • Options
    Marathon Man, superb film. 
    I never tire watching the dentist bits. 
  • Options
    Marathon Man, superb film. 
    I never tire watching the dentist bits. 
    Is it safe?
  • Options
    Missed No Time to Die at the cinema so cheers for the heads up Beds.

Enjoyed it, much stronger than Spectre.

The bad guy's plan was a bit undercooked (though Rami Malek did well with what they gave him) but the plot with Madeleine and Mathilde worked really well.
  • Options
    I love that film . Glad to be of assistance 
    Any father watching the scene in the subway toilet will do well to hold it together. Heart wrenching. 
  • Options
    One other thing about Bond - was it me missing it, or was there not a lot of advertising for the terrestrial premiere of a Bond film that only came out about 18 months ago?