Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

🎄CHRISTMAS TV FILM WATCH 2022 🎅

Comments

• Options
    Phil said:
    I thoroughly enjoyed The Banshees of Inisherin when I saw it recently. A film I'd happily watch several times.
    Yep . My second favourite film of the year . Brilliant 
    What was your first?
    Elvis 
  • Options
    Been following the Lethal Weapon films in order on TCM.

Seen them loads over the years but just love the camaraderie and humour between Mel Gibson and Danny Glover. Really easy to watch non complicated fun movies.
  • Options
    Need to give TTSS another go as I was quite underwhelmed the first time I saw it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    THURSDAY 22nd of DECEMBER
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    8.00PM       -    ITV                           -    SKYFALL
    9.00PM       -    FILM4                       -    WILD ROSE
    9.00PM       -    ITV4                         -    FIRST BLOOD
    9.00PM       -    TCM Movies             -    THE LADYKILLERS (1955)
    10.20PM     -    SKY CINEMA HITS     -    INTO THE WILD  (Recommended film of the day)
    Anytime      -    PARAMOUNT+         -    TOP GUN MAVERICK

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    01.55AM     -    CHANNEL 4              -    JOY

RECOMMENDED FILM OF THE DAY
    INTO THE WILD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZG1FzyB8DI
  • Options
    Good recommendation… but love Ladykillers and Skyfall is possibly my favourite Bond film 
  • Options
    I'd watch all of them.
    I'll have to avoid Top Gun, I think Amazon delivered it yesterday. I went to see it at the Imax earlier this year, the sound there is something that a little hard to recreate in your average living room but I prepared to give it a go Boxing Day.
  • Options
    I'd watch all of them.
    I'll have to avoid Top Gun, I think Amazon delivered it yesterday. I went to see it at the Imax earlier this year, the sound there is something that a little hard to recreate in your average living room but I prepared to give it a go Boxing Day.
    I watched it home and not on the big screen and perhaps that's why i didn't rave over this like others did. Although still a good film , it felt just like a remake of the original.

• Options
    I'd watch all of them.
    I watched it home and not on the big screen and perhaps that's why i didn't rave over this like others did. Although still a good film , it felt just like a remake of the original.

Not a big fan, even of the original, but definitely enjoyed elements of it on the big screen.

Wife wants to see it again over Xmas so will be interesting to see what I think of it on a smaller screen. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    FRIDAY 23rd of DECEMBER
    3.35PM       -    BBC1                                -    PADDINGTON 2
    9.00PM       -    5STAR                              -    300
    9.00PM       -    5Action                            -    A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS
    8.00PM       -    SKY CINEMA COMEDY      -    ANCHORMAN
    01.35AM     -    SKY CINEMA COMEDY     -    SWINGERS
    ANYTIME     -    NETFLIX                           -    COPLAND  (Recommended film of the day)

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    2.20PM       -    SKY CINEMA ACTION       -    MORBIUS

COPLAND
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWLFW9iAr-E
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Edwards Scissorhands is on BBC at the moment. Incredibly, I don’t think I’ve ever seen it all the way through as it doesn’t look at all familiar. Very Tim Burton (dark) though. 
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Edwards Scissorhands is on BBC at the moment. Incredibly, I don’t think I’ve ever seen it all the way through as it doesn’t look at all familiar. Very Tim Burton (dark) though. 
    Weird film . Never liked it I’m afraid 
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Weird film . Never liked it I’m afraid 
    I felt the same though I thought it was stylishly made. Not sure I’ve liked any of Tim Burton’s films - maybe apart from Sweeney Todd which I enjoyed.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    CHRISTMAS EVE
    1.25PM       -    CHANNEL 5                     -    PLANES , TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES
    9.00PM       -    4SEVEN                           -    HOME ALONE
    9.00PM       -    GREAT! Movies                -    HACKSAW RIDGE
    8.00PM       -    SKY CINEMA HITS            -    GLADIATOR
    10.40PM     -    SKY CINEMA HITS            -    BELFAST  (Recommended film of the day)
    Anytime      -    AMAZON PRIME               -    THE HATEFUL EIGHT

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------
    01.25AM     -    SKY CINEMA COMEDY     -    NORBIT

BELFAST
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja3PPOnJQ2k
  • Options
    Not on TV, but on my PVR as I'd recorded it years ago, It's a Wonderful Life. I'd never got round to watching it, which I've just done!
  • Options
    Not on TV, but on my PVR as I'd recorded it years ago, It's a Wonderful Life. I'd never got round to watching it, which I've just done!
    What's your verdict?
  • Options
    What's your verdict?
    Anyone who doesn't love It's A Wonderful Life is a soulless wrong 'un and not to be trusted in my view...

😉

• Options
    What's your verdict?
    Available on All4  I believe. 
  • Options
    It's been shown on a few terrestrial channels this Christmas . Quite simply the best Christmas movie ever made in my opinion. 
  • Options
    It's a very good movie, you can see why it became a Christmas staple.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Belfast is a great film 
  • Options
    FRIDAY 23rd of DECEMBER
    ANYTIME     -    NETFLIX                           -    COPLAND  (Recommended film of the day)

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------

COPLAND
    Watched last night not bad
  • Options
    Billyboy said:
    FRIDAY 23rd of DECEMBER

FILM TO AVOID
    -----------------------

COPLAND
    Watched last night not bad
    Stallone's best acting performance of his career. I know that’s probably not saying much ! 
  • Options
    Someone mentioned, Knives Out, to me this morning and I think, it's follow up, Glass Onion?

So, I'll give, Knives Out, a watch this evening.
  • Options
    Someone mentioned, Knives Out, to me this morning and I think, it's follow up, Glass Onion?

So, I'll give, Knives Out, a watch this evening.
    It is. On Netflix from today. 
    We’ll be watching it later. 
  • Options
    Saw the Glass Onion last night with the family and thoroughly enjoyed it, some very amusing moments, great cast and the usual Knives Out twisty plot. 8+ out of 10 from all of us watching it. 
  • Options
    We also watched Glass Onion last night, and thought it took a little while to get going, but once it did we very much enjoyed it.
  • Options
    It's been shown on a few terrestrial channels this Christmas . Quite simply the best Christmas movie ever made in my opinion. 
    was on Channel 4 earlier this afternoon. 
  • Options
    plus it's also the title to a great song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ZoHfJZACA
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    We also watched Glass Onion last night, and thought it took a little while to get going, but once it did we very much enjoyed it.
    I watched it last night also. Here is my review. 

https://letterboxd.com/welovemovies/film/glass-onion-a-knives-out-mystery/