Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer progress at Birmingham

Comments

• Lee Bowyer needs a break. Yet another manager where results got worse in his career as the politics at clubs wore him down and players leave and the replacements are inferior. I wonder if it hasn't totally put him off. 
  • He's only got Leeds & W'Ham to do & he'll have the set  😄. 
  • He's only got Leeds & W'Ham to do & he'll have the set  😄. 
    You are forgetting Ipswich and Newcastle.
  • Swisdom said:
    I’m not sure Bowyer will take another managers role for a while.  He’s hardly had a good time of it and wasn’t a raging success at Brum
    I think he’d need to drop back down to league one or even two and I doubt he’s likely to do that. Carp fishing beckons methinks.
    Maybe. But he does have a playoff win on his record.
  • Can see a struggling Championship side giving him a call this season, because of how he kept Birmingham up. 
  • Can see a struggling Championship side giving him a call this season, because of how he kept Birmingham up. 
    Technically he did not keep them up, Derby's points deduction did.
  • .... unbelievable .... top of the league as well !
  • Sponsored links:

• It was only in the papers yesterday that Bassini's exclusivity period had ended without him stumping up any funds and that Brum were talking to other parties so not entirely sure this is a sign Bassini's takeover is close.  Let's hope for their fans it's not.

Birmingham are an absolute car crash of a club and have been for some time, I think keeping them up two seasons in a row is a pretty decent accomplishment on LB's part and he can walk away with his head held high.
    Agreed, though VERY lucky last season that two clubs had points deductions
    Would have kept us up if a second one had....
    Not true, Reading would have gone down.

If Reading and Derby both didn't have points deductions, Birmingham would have stayed up above Reading on goal difference.
    Reading also received points a points deduction. If derby and reading hadn't, both would have stayed up and Birmingham would have been relegated 
  • Have never really understood some fans attitude towards Bowyer. Under the circumstances he done a brilliant job, that probably applies to his time at Birmingham. A friend of mine who done some work at the training ground a few years back told me Robinson was a great bloke, and Bowyer was a little shit. That said, I started off thinking Bowyer was the wrong man and was proven wrong. I wish him well. That day at Wembley was a better day for me than 1998 as I don’t remember the 1998 final for a variety of reasons. 

If Reading and Derby both didn't have points deductions, Birmingham would have stayed up above Reading on goal difference.
    Reading also received points a points deduction. If derby and reading hadn't, both would have stayed up and Birmingham would have been relegated 
    The original poster is correct.

Birmingham 47 points -25 GD.
    Reading 41 points -33 GD.

So even with the 6 points back that they were deducted, Reading would still have been relegated on goal difference.
  • Once players or managers decide to walk out on us, I do take more notice of them than other players or managers but can’t say I really care how they do. Not bothered it Aribo or Gomez or Bowyer etc are successful or not. 
    Probably the only player I kept an affinity for was Darren Bent as felt he was given a raw deal by England 
  • Sponsored links:

The original poster is correct.

Birmingham 47 points -25 GD.
    Reading 41 points -33 GD.

So even with the 6 points back that they were deducted, Reading would still have been relegated on goal difference.
    Oops. My bad

i thought reading were deducted 9
  • lack of progress comes to a complete stop .. where next for Lee ?
  • lack of progress comes to a complete stop .. where next for Lee ?
    LB football career sleeps with the fishes.
  • Nah. You stick a great big sharp and pointed lump of metal in the mouth of a fish and yank it unwillingly out of their environment…and the fish doesn’t feel a thing, not even distress.
    Indeed Angling is a form of yoga therapy for fish, teaching them mindfulness with crushed avocado on toast after each session.
  • seth plum said:
    Nah. You stick a great big sharp and pointed lump of metal in the mouth of a fish and yank it unwillingly out of their environment…and the fish doesn’t feel a thing, not even distress.
    Indeed Angling is a form of yoga therapy for fish, teaching them mindfulness with crushed avocado on toast after each session.
    Crushed avocado? Don't you think they've suffered enough?

• He knew what he was getting himself into at Birmingham. 
  • Close to the ferry back to Etang de Bows I guess.