Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer progress at Birmingham

Comments

• Options
    Chris Wilder is also reportedly open to an approach from Pompey, he's the one we should have got after firing Garner imo
  • Options
    Chris Wilder is also reportedly open to an approach from Pompey, he's the one we should have got after firing Garner imo
    Would love Wilder but do you really think he would join our basket case of a club. Most decent managers and players will avoid joining us, that's why we end up with the dross.
  • Options
    Would love Wilder but do you really think he would join our basket case of a club. Most decent managers and players will avoid joining us, that's why we end up with the dross.

Wilder isn't a bit of a basket case himself, given how things have gone for him? 
  • Options
    Why is a basket case called a basket case?
  • Options
    WW1 invalids.
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    WW1 invalids.
    But what’s the ‘basket’ bit?
  • Options
    MrWalker said:
    WW1 invalids.
    But what’s the ‘basket’ bit?
    Soldiers that lost limbs, especially legs had to be carried in baskets. I believe the saying came from the fact they could not perform/function properly. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Wilder isn't a bit of a basket case himself, given how things have gone for him? 
    Not yet, he can still get a Champ or top end League 1 gig 
  • Options
    Wilder has literally had one indifferent spell.

Every other club he has managed has been a roaring success.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
  • Options
    I really do like that Lee has looked at his inability to keep teams in the Championship and assumed that it would just work in reverse for Leeds. Got to love that confidence
  • Options
    Bowyer is a terrible manager once things start to go wrong. 
    Yep, plan B being the McDonalds approach.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DPFC said:
    The only reason he failed to keep us in the championship was he was completely shafted by Roland and mouthall
    Completely agree and god awful luck with injuries!!
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Joking.. He was left with a bunch of youngster, that basically playing non-league.. He done unreal to keep us in touching distance after that January transfer window, and the players we lost, along with the injuries we had.

We would have still gone close that league one season as well, but he clearly saw Thomas for what he was!
    Maybe not publicly digging out every youngster each week would've been advisable.
    You mean Morgan..?
  • Options
    Sounds like Leeds have someone lined up anyone. Also going through a takeover. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Joking.. He was left with a bunch of youngster, that basically playing non-league.. He done unreal to keep us in touching distance after that January transfer window, and the players we lost, along with the injuries we had.

We would have still gone close that league one season as well, but he clearly saw Thomas for what he was!
    Or Thomas (he wouldn't have worked it out on his own) was told what bowyer was and his limitations
  • Options
    Bowyer was good for a couple of years, but then the weight of all the off field issues seemed to knock the stuffing out of him 
    Relegation seemed to zap all of his confidence. I loved him up to that point and rated him as a manger. He was a different person the next year back in league 1 and I'm not sure if he got his mojo back at Birmingham. A year out of the game might have done him good.

if he does get back into management, I hope he does well. He gave us that day out at Wembley and a shot at the championship with all odds stacked against him.
    A pretty fair assessment I would say overall.