Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer progress at Birmingham

Comments

• Options
    Strange protest @ Birmingham tonight, understand it though

• Options
    Sounds like they've taken inspiration from our whistle protest
  • Options
    That lead didn't last long.

Taylor 61 mins 1-0

Sharp 64 mins 1-1
  • Options
    Omar Jayden Bogle puts Sheff United 2-1 up, Bowyer booked for protesting
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    If it weren't for the fact that the bottom 4 are a bit adrift of the pack then Birmingham could be in trouble. They have played 2 or 3 more games than others around them. Could easily be 5th bottom in a week or 2.
  • Options
    Same old. Refs fault for the 2nd SU goal. So I found the goals at it was onside.
  • Options
    Bowyer hasn’t been the same manager since our relegation.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    World against him or his managing ability?

Usual Lock Stock kinda lines...

"The second one shouldn't have stood. Simple as that. It was offside. The linesman said their player wasn't close enough to be interfering with play.

"The fans shouldn't be going home too disappointed. But they're upset, I'm upset and the officials will go home, and sleep like a baby and won't have a problem."

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    J BLOCK said:

"The second one shouldn't have stood. Simple as that. It was offside. The linesman said their player wasn't close enough to be interfering with play.

"The fans shouldn't be going home too disappointed. But they're upset, I'm upset and the officials will go home, and sleep like a baby and won't have a problem."

He's very good at the "siege" type mentality -  the situation isn't just affecting him. He used it before with the players in the Taylor/Solly/Davis episode and he uses it here, as he has done before in post match criticism of the officials, with the "fans shouldn't be going home too disappointed. But they're upset, I'm upset" but the "officials will go home, and sleep like a baby and won't have a problem." Any professional worth their salt will be critical of their own performance and I doubt that the Ref and Linesman are any different. The only way he will truly know if that is the case is if he is actually sleeping with them!

Bowyer should, perhaps, look a bit closer to home if he wants to start attaching blame - I've yet to hear him come out in a 
    post match press conference and attribute a good result to the ineptitude of the officials. Perhaps that's because they've never ever made a mistake that has worked in his favour. In which case he really is THE unluckiest manager of all time.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    J BLOCK said:

The 2nd goal was clearly offside, Bowyer was correct and Quest agreed.
    It wasn't the scorer, but earlier on when the offside player ran through and the goalie had to come out to clear.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    J BLOCK said:

The 2nd goal was clearly offside, Bowyer was correct and Quest agreed.
    It wasn't the scorer, but earlier on when the offside player ran through and the goalie had to come out to clear.
    But the man himself says it is what it is.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Very state media brodcast-esque.

Wouldn't look out of place being uttered by the country that shall not be named for fear of it ecompassing each and every citizen and causing unnecessary hatred or malignment.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Very state media brodcast-esque.

Wouldn't look out of place being uttered by the country that shall not be named for fear of it ecompassing each and every citizen and causing unnecessary hatred or malignment.
    Is thus the C*****e way of backing a manager?
    Publicly stated support a week before they 'disappear'.
    I fear 30 years in a prison camp is looming for Bowyer if they don't go up...
  • Options
    Nah.
    No door being eased open for a bit of casual anti Chinese racism here.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Nah.
    No, the bloke is an absolute tool who happens to be Chinese.  His Chineseness has nothing to do with anything. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    Nah.
    No, the bloke is an absolute tool who happens to be Chinese.  His Chineseness has nothing to do with anything. 
    Think Seth was referring to the comment above his own. 
  • Options
    Then don’t mention it would be more appropriate.
    If the person is an absolute tool then that is all that needs to be said or alluded to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    Nah.
    Think Seth was referring to the comment above his own. 
    Fair enough.  
  • Options
    Bowyer probably misses Roland 
  • Options
    Directly copying what we did. I always thought such tactics were really effective, the pitch covered in something silly like rubber pigs or taxis makes a brilliant news story, creating far more publicity than normal protests
  • Options
    Directly copying what we did. I always thought such tactics were really effective, the pitch covered in something silly like rubber pigs or taxis makes a brilliant news story, creating far more publicity than normal protests
    Problem is the ‘object’ of choice here is regarded as a bit unsavoury so any reporting may just be blocked 🤷🏻‍♂️
    They’ve been a bit low brow with their ideas here really.
    I agree. It's fine to protest by throwing non aggressive things onto the pitch but to make it news worthy to ALL media outlets its good to make it non confrontational & appropriate. Lots of kids attend football matches as well as watching highlight programmes afterwards. This might get coverage but for all the wrong reasons 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Problem is the ‘object’ of choice here is regarded as a bit unsavoury so any reporting may just be blocked 🤷🏻‍♂️
    It reminds me of that West Ham fan/idiot on YouTube who gets selfies with players while waving a dildo about in the other hand, West Ham Dildo on tour or something.
  • Options
    It reminds me of that West Ham fan/idiot on YouTube who gets selfies with players while waving a dildo about in the other hand, West Ham Dildo on tour or something.
    Does it have the club badge on? 🤔