Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes 2021/22

Comments

• Options
    Change of plan: we drone-strike Starc
  • Options
    Bugger

Game over effectively, England will be all out before I get out of bed tomorrow
  • Options
    Bugger

Game has been over for about 2 days
  • Options
    Whoever had money on 5-0 is probably feeling very pleased right now 
  • Options
    Bugger

It has, but Root being not out overnight would at least have given the Aussies something to think about
  • Options
    Bugger

It has, but Root being not out overnight would at least have given the Aussies something to think about
    Yeah how they’ll get him out in first 10 mins. 
  • Options
    Bring them home 
  • Options
    We don’t deserve 5 test series down under 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Bring them home 
    Yep, that's the spirit. Draw this test, win the next three and... #BringThemHome 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Bring them home 
    Yep, that's the spirit. Draw this test, win the next three and... #BringThemHome 
    Can I get your dealers number Chizz
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Chizz said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Bring them home 
    You misunderstood me Chizz. I was also talking about the ashes….
  • Options
    Burns doing enough to keep his place for the next Test?
    I'd say yes .. he has the attribute of being a fighter with his own idiosyncratic style .. though that style could sure do with some fine tuning

• Options
    well now see if Pope has anything like the bottle to at least hang around and make the Aussies earn his wicket instead of him giving it away .. remark from Ian Chappell .. if pope doesn't score for two balls he gets in a panic

Am I alone is listening to the game and not watching ? .. the broadcast boxes at the Adelaide Oval were closed off today due to a Covid 'protocol' both ABC and BBC were off the air .. the broadcast was from Perth WA with the commentators  watching the TV and commentating on that ..  all Aussies doing a very good job,  Mitchell Johnson and Kim Hughes (especially) are both rough as feck, amusing and very entertaining 
  • Options
    Meanwhile, in another part of Australia, two Englishman are performing rather well. Sam Billings hit 64 off 27 balls and Saqib Mahmood became the first player in BBL history to take four wickets inside the first three overs of an innings. 
    A different form of cricket, but at least those English players in the Bash are getting some cricket, whereas the England reserve players like Bairstow, Crawley, Lawrence and Overton have had no cricket at all to get into shape
  • Options
    I'd say yes .. he has the attribute of being a fighter with his own idiosyncratic style .. though that style could sure do with some fine tuning

Sadly, I think the team is performing so abysmally that he fits in very well. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Chizz said:

Sadly, I think the team is performing so abysmally that he fits in very well. 
    bit harsh on most of the bowlers, but the batting 'talent' ?, definitely .. expect to see few, if any, changes for Melbourne though .. in the batting department that is
  • Options
    Bugger

What were we overnight at Headingley 2 years ago...?

Might stay up all night to see a Stokes repeat performance  
  • Options
    Bugger

Golfie - the eternal optimist!
  • Options
    Bugger

Nurse!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A nice piece by Matt Prior on Buttler's keeping

• Options
    If I had a criticism and from listening to various keeping coaches I would also say that Buttler's stance is too wide. Bracey has the same issue
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Bring them home 
    It's fitting that a song with a similar title is from Les Miserables....

Sums up those of us watching & the team itself.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Bring them home 

Merry Christmas Fanny 
    Sending lots of love  and hopefully catch up soon xx
  • Options
    As soon as Root took that Starc inswinger to the nutbag I knew it wasn't going to be a great English fightback, and Root had everyone's sympathy getting out last ball of the day due to the damage his spuds had taken and the bravery shown trying to run a quick 2 in shortly after. 

• Options
    And I felt sorry for swearing at Rory Burns, it was a delivery he had to play and he'd shown a flicker of being capable. The convicts bowled very, very well which troubles me as their supposed best bowlers are out for this test 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Bring them home 

Merry Christmas Fanny 
    Sending lots of love  and hopefully catch up soon xx
    And to you ! 

It's been a long time. 
    xx
  • Options
    Saw a depressing stat tonight that Alastair Cook scored more runs in his 7 innings in the 10/11 Ashes than the whole England team has managed so far for the loss of 34 wickets.
  • Options
    What do we all think then? I’ll say all out for 198 about half way through the second session. 
  • Options
    Revision. 98 all out in about half hour.