Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes 2021/22

Comments

• Options
    And can borrow Buttlers gloves as well ! 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    And can borrow Buttlers gloves as well ! 
    He's actually gone to Australia notionally as a batsman because that is what he really wants to work on and also doesn't want to be batting at 7 because he is keeping. Unlike some of our outfielders, he can catch a ball without the gloves though (again 2nd ball on the clip)

https://matchcentre.premier.saca.com.au/match/25-3752651/ballbyball?period=3672453&video=1160371

• Options
    What a catch from Buttler. Massive chance now. Bowl em out for a lead of 360-370 and there’s a chance. 
    Then we’ll be all out for 117. 
  • Options
    Next ball drops smith first ball. Ffs. 
  • Options
    Fuck off. Umpires call on impact. 
  • Options
    Looking at the replay I’m baffled how on field umpire gave that not out. 
    Warne actually made a very good point just now - should change to on review the umpires decision is null and void. Takes away from one side benefiting from umpires call and not the other. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Smith out for 6!
    And it was another unreal catch from Buttler. 
  • Options
    Encouraging to see that we have them 81-4. But with a lead of 300+ already, I can’t see this ending in anything other than a defeat unfortunately.

Just hope we can knock these over for less than 200 and give the bowlers some confidence
  • Options
    Ollie Robinson bowling off breaks.
  • Options
    Ollie Robinson bowling some spin 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stokes first 2 overs go for 24 including 3 no balls and a wide 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Serving up absolute rubbish in the last half hour. Now the break.

134-4, lead above 350.

Labuschagne 31
    Head 45
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Root spent most of that session off the field after getting treatment for a minor injury in the warm up.

England were playing really well without him, well on top.

The last 10 overs of that session after he came back were absolutely dire. No attack, all about trying to limit runs and had zero success at that with the Aussies going almost a run a ball while he was out there.
  • Options
    Root spent most of that session off the field after getting treatment for a minor injury in the warm up.

The last 10 overs of that session after he came back were absolutely dire. No attack, all about trying to limit runs and had zero success at that with the Aussies going almost a run a ball while he was out there.
    Who stood in as Captain while he was off? 
  • Options
    I'm not the most clued up on test match cricket, but is it wise to play for the draw? 
  • Options
    144-5.

Head caught in the deep by Stokes off Robinson.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Stokes
  • Options
    I'm not the most clued up on test match cricket, but is it wise to play for the draw? 
    There comes a point in every losing Test match where playing for a draw becomes the only option. We will have break records to win from here and our only real option is to try to bat out four sessions… two of them under lights.
  • Options
    Green absolutely sold Labuschagne down the river on a single that wasn’t there, trying to get off zero. Labuschagne was out by a good 6-8 feet but Pope can’t hit the stumps with the throw.
  • Options
    Aussies are in all action mode here, trying to pile on as many runs as they can. When is their declaration coming?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

Stokes
    Thanks. That's interesting, because (officially at least) Buttler is vice captain on this tour
  • Options
    There comes a point in every losing Test match where playing for a draw becomes the only option. We will have break records to win from here and our only real option is to try to bat out four sessions… two of them under lights.
    Sounds very bleak that :( 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Malan has his first Test wicket. Labuschagne sweeps him out to the deep and Stokes takes the catch.

173-6.

Labuschagne 51 c Stokes b Malan
  • Options
    Also I'm surprised to see how empty the grounds are over there? Remember the ashes series over here I think it was around 05? When the grounds were packed out. 
  • Options
    180-7.

Carey 6 b Root
  • Options
    Also I'm surprised to see how empty the grounds are over there? Remember the ashes series over here I think it was around 05? When the grounds were packed out. 
    Restricted attendance because of Covid
  • Options
    214-7 and lead of 451. Middle session drinks break.

Declaration before or after tea?
  • Options
    214-7 and lead of 451. Middle session drinks break.

Declaration before or after tea?
    Probably about an over after, mess up any preparations.
  • Options
    Mitchell Starc struggling with his back. Tweaked something playing a slog sweep.
  • Options
    216-8.

Starc gone in the deep. Caught by Pope.

Starc 19 c Pope b Root