Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes 2021/22

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Even the optimist in me can’t see us making it through here.

96-5 and 82 overs minimum to play. Two massive moments will be in the Australian’s favour too: the new ball in about 30 overs if we get there. And then the final session under lights should just about do it for the last couple of wickets if they still haven’t cleaned us up by then.

If we survive here, it’ll be up there with Cardiff 09 and Headingley 19.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    142-6 at the first break.

Woakes 28 (54)
    Buttler 16 (88)

Eating up balls, 104 since the last wicket - long may it continue. Only six overs until the new ball though. 60 overs minimum left.
  • Options
    Through 80 overs. First big challenge coming up with the new ball. Buttler and Woakes doing really well so far.
  • Options
    Ball moving now 

Phil Tufnell has just said it comes down to the next hour. We don't lose a wicket and there is genuine hope (yeah fucken right) or the convicts rip through us and it will all be over 
  • Options
    50 partnership for Buttler & Woakes. But more importantly, chewed up 25 plus overs.
  • Options
    I've got the dream pairing, BT sport on with TMS for commentary, slightly out of sync 
  • Options
    Valiant effort from Woakes and Butler. Keep digging lads 
  • Options
    Through six overs of the new ball without damage. A minimum of 48 left in the day. Got to break this into half hour chunks.
  • Options
    Ridiculous from Buttler.

308 to win off 48 overs and he's going at a strike rate of 18!

:-)
  • Options
    Get Stockely out there, he hits everything 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well that's that 
  • Options
    166-7.

Woakes bowled by an inswinger for 44.
  • Options
    Shite game over 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Decent knock from woakes that 
  • Options
    Yep shame that, not gna get through 45 overs…was starting to get some hope that if they got through another 20-25 overs before losing a wicket there would’ve been a small chance. Now it’ll be over quickly. 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Decent knock from woakes that 
    It was, flinty in the extreme. Collingwood-esque 

Buttler going well so I've probably just put the hex on him 
  • Options
    Halfway through the middle session to a drinks break. Robinson survives six balls of Richardson.
  • Options
    40 overs to go
  • Options
    There are absolutely no demons in this pitch and it still looks great for batting. 

409-17 is a disgrace to be honest.
  • Options
    Just over half an hour until the next session break.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are absolutely no demons in this pitch and it still looks great for batting. 

409-17 is a disgrace to be honest.
    Exactly that. The first innings collapse given the pitch in clear skies was criminal. Deserve t9 lose for that. 
  • Options
    In a way after Australia won the first test this one is kind of irrelevant if we draw or lose now as we’d still need to win 3 whatever the result. 
  • Options
    What fresh hell is this?
  • Options
    In a way after Australia won the first test this one is kind of irrelevant if we draw or lose now as we’d still need to win 3 whatever the result. 
    Can we not draw here, then win 2 and draw another? 2-1? 

More chance of us getting Premier league football I know. 
  • Options
    Can we not draw here, then win 2 and draw another? 2-1? 

More chance of us getting Premier league football I know. 
    I had thought of that, I just feel like unless there’s weather interruptions which is unlikely, test cricket in recent times doesn’t see too many draws. 
  • Options
    100 overs faced. 34 left in the day. 13 minutes to tea.

177-7
  • Options
    Okay then, okay then. If we make it to the last session do I bring myself to watch again?

Its always the hope that kills. 
  • Options
    178-8. Bollocks.

Robinson caught at slip off Lyon.
  • Options
    Nope that’s it done. Broad and a Jimmy won’t be able to hold out 30 overs. 
  • Options
    Okay then, okay then. If we make it to the last session do I bring myself to watch again?

Its always the hope that kills. 
    FFS