Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes 2021/22

Comments

• Options
    230-9.

Richardson 8 c Buttler b Malan
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Australia have declared with a lead of 467 runs.

They’ll get 30 minutes to bowl before tea. Then there’s four sessions to navigate.
  • Options
    Bat bat and bat boys
  • Options
    Root finishes with 2-27. Malan 2-33. Next best Robinson 2-54. Broad 1-27 and Anderson 1-8.
  • Options
    Australia have declared with a lead of 467 runs.

They’ll get 30 minutes to bowl before tea. Then there’s four sessions to navigate.
    468 to win, easy, here we go....
  • Options
    Starc bowling okay buy doenst look that comfortable. Hopefully he isn't able to do that much bowling.puts pressure and overs into the others.
  • Options
    Burns is a fighter. Backing him to grind something out now.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    20-1 at the break.

Burns 16 (25)
    Malan 4 (17)

& Hameed 0 (6) c Carey b Richardson (FOW 1-4)
  • Options
    Poor review  that looked plum 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Burns doing enough to keep his place for the next Test?
  • Options
    This is all the more painful due to the amount of Aussie commentating on the tv and radio. I like a balance but with tms not being allowed in we’ve got different coverage including Mitchell  Johnson. Loud and animated if it’s going their way. Hardly balanced. I guess I wouldn’t mind it if we had a hope in hell. 

Burns survives.
  • Options
    Australia will still win this, but their decision to bat again instead of bowling at England under the lights last night with a new ball still seems odd. It's under the lights now, but the ball is 27 overs old now.
  • Options

He is but if he was to get out soon then the jury would still be out. Hameed is under pressure for his place too. I've already said why I didn't think he should be dropped but he has to understand that there will always, like today, be dismissals that you can't do a lot about. But if you do, as he did in the first innings, play a stupid shot then you give yourself very little chance of survival in the side.

Pope really has to start coming to the party because it's becoming difficult to justify why a player who has averaged 18.65 in his last 20 Test innings should stay in the side. Whether it's Crawley, Lawrence or Bairstow who should come in for him is another debate all together and questionable whether they will offer more anyway which is why I really am desperate for Pope to get a big score - like so many talented players I suspect it's more in his head than anything else.
  • Options

He is but if he was to get out soon then the jury would still be out. Hameed is under pressure for his place too. I've already said why I didn't think he should be dropped but he has to understand that there will always, like today, be dismissals that you can't do a lot about. But if you do, as he did in the first innings, play a stupid shot then you give yourself very little chance of survival in the side.

Pope really has to start coming to the party because it's becoming difficult to justify why a player who has averaged 18.65 in his last 20 Test innings should stay in the side. Whether it's Crawley, Lawrence or Bairstow who should come in for him is another debate all together and questionable whether they will offer more anyway which is why I really am desperate for Pope to get a big score - like so many talented players I suspect it's more in his head than anything else.
    Hameed should have left the ball today, so it's not as if he's been dismissed 4 times by complete jaffas
  • Options
    And no sooner had I posted that..,,,,
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Could see that coming from the previous 2 overs. All over the gaff.
  • Options
    That's a good ball, it's been a really good over 
  • Options
    Shouting Aussies cheering Root getting out. It wasn’t Root. Bellends. 

Burns gone. 
  • Options
    Wonder how big Green will be when he grows up. He really is a unit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The new Derek Pringle  ;)
  • Options
    The new Derek Pringle  ;)
    Similar stamp but I think he'll be better with the bat and ball than Pringle - unfortunately for us because that will give them even more of a balanced team
  • Options
    Anyone who ever complains about political bias in the bbc should be made to listen to the commentary of this test match. Truly fucking awful 
  • Options
    Anyone who ever complains about political bias in the bbc should be made to listen to the commentary of this test match. Truly fucking awful 
    All this talk of taking the extra half-hour. Yes they're winning but they're such ****s about it
  • Options
    Meanwhile, in another part of Australia, two Englishman are performing rather well. Sam Billings hit 64 off 27 balls and Saqib Mahmood became the first player in BBL history to take four wickets inside the first three overs of an innings. 
  • Options
    Joe Root not having a very good day
  • Options
    Meanwhile, in another part of Australia, two Englishman are performing rather well. Sam Billings hit 64 off 27 balls and Saqib Mahmood became the first player in BBL history to take four wickets inside the first three overs of an innings. 
    Anyone else doing the KFC Supercoach (BBL fantasy league)? Hales & Billings doing well for me this morning.
  • Options
    Root is gonna score 200 tomorrow and then beat up Starc at the post-match ceremony
  • Options
    Sums up this England performance that. Root gone 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Leuth said:
    Root is gonna score 200 tomorrow and then beat up Starc at the post-match ceremony
    I was going to write. ‘In the nets, as he may not see it through the night’ 

decided not to but now he’s out. 😔

and that’s stumps.