Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

US Open 2021

Emma Raducanu just qualified for the main draw of the US Open starting on Monday. I watched all three of her qualifying matches. She is looking the real deal. You can watch the replay on Amazon Prime.

Comments

• Emma Raducanu just qualified for the main draw of the US Open starting on Monday. I watched all three of her qualifying matches. She is looking the real deal. You can watch the replay on Amazon Prime.
    She is very talented and thankfully won't get all the hype in the US. 
  • She lives next door to my niece in Bromley Common. 
  • Great that Raducanu and Boulter have made it through qualifying, Dart is one game away
  • Great that Raducanu and Boulter have made it through qualifying, Dart is one game away
    Dart now qualified. 
    Dart now qualified. 
    Loves her doubles 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Great that Raducanu and Boulter have made it through qualifying, Dart is one game away
    Dart now qualified. 
    Loves her doubles 

• Andy Murray about to start his US open campaign. Against Tsitsipas. I fear this could be his last ever Grand Slam match. Hope I am wrong.
  • Andy Murray about to start his US open campaign. Against Tsitsipas. I fear this could be his last ever Grand Slam match. Hope I am wrong.
    5-1 up!! 
  • Murray wins first set! No more tennis predictions from me.
  • Konta has had to pull out injured.

Missed Wimbledon as she was isolating, the Olympics as she had Covid.  Really not her year!
  • Sponsored links:

• Murray might be doing better if he would let this whole lengthy break thing go.

He isnt letting it drop and its affecting his shots in the final set.

He has even had an arguement with the tournament supervisor in between serves who is sitting at one end of the court.

He keeps saying 20 minutes, 20 minutes, it was only 8 minutes betweem points so by the time Tsitsipas left court and returned it was probably about 5 minutes in the toilet, he didnt have his bag so couldnt have his phone, so there was definitely no communication with his coach, he may have just needed a shit a 5 minute shit is actually pretty quick 🤣🤣
  • I should point out I know i dislike Murray, but for a guy with a metal hip he has impressed me with how he has lasted, i just think he handled it wrong, Tsitsipas didnt break any rules by being off court for 8 minutes, and Murray should have put it to the back of his mind and enquired the reason why after the match
  • Couldn't help but laugh that Andy was repeatedly dripping the F bomb to the umpire and TV camera on the match ending. 
  • I love the passion of Murray and his direct communication. He has a great fighting spirit.
  • Emma Raducanu on court now.
  • Emma Raducanu on court now.
    She really is a great prospect...
  • Serving for the match
  • Well done Emma!
  • Coming through qualifying and winning today shows she's the real deal. 

Weird skirt though, was it cut higher on the left hand side to help her serve, or just a fashion choice  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't understand why Murray is going on about this. Does he really think people believe Tsitipas was using the bathroom break to go to the toilet? The bathroom break, particularly in a tournament always played in hot and humid conditions, is primarily used to allow players to change into fresh dry kit. Even a quick cold shower as well. I have seen Nadal and all the other top players use the bathroom for this purpose regularly over the last few years. 
  • Don't understand why Murray is going on about this. Does he really think people believe Tsitipas was using the bathroom break to go to the toilet? The bathroom break, particularly in a tournament always played in hot and humid conditions, is primarily used to allow players to change into fresh dry kit. Even a quick cold shower as well. I have seen Nadal and all the other top players use the bathroom for this purpose regularly over the last few years. 
    Spy cam?  :D
  • Needs to let it go - he made his point, now the more he goes on about it the more it looks petty and graceless.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/58403969

It does seem that over players are backing Murray over this
  • Emma Raducanu beats Zhang Shuai to reach third round

British teenager Emma Raducanu delivered another impressive display which belied her youth and inexperience as she swept aside China's Zhang Shuai to reach the US Open third round.

Raducanu won 6-2 6-4 against 32-year-old Zhang, who is ranked 101 places higher than the 18-year-old.

Superior in every department, Raducanu needed one hour and 21 minutes to win.

At Wimbledon she was ranked 338th and now, just four events later, is closing in on a place in the world's top 100.

Former British number one Laura Robson on BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra:

Emma Raducanu played a phenomenal match. She was under so much pressure towards the end and handled it well - I can't believe she is 18 years old.

I don't want to be on the hype train but how can you not when she is playing this way?

• Am I right that her being in the top 100 would mean automatic Grand Slam entries?
  • Emma Raducanu is a real talent
  • Am I right that her being in the top 100 would mean automatic Grand Slam entries?
    Hope so
  • Emma just starting her 3rd round match.
  • A great performance yesterday by Dan Evans too to reach the 4th round, from being 2 sets down