Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

US Open 2021

Comments

• Options
    Nishikori wins the first set over Djokovic..
  • Options
    Wow first set 6-0 to Raducanu
  • Options
    She really is the real deal. 
  • Options
    And she will only get better.
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    You said that about Laura Robson though mste😂😂
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    You said that about Laura Robson though mste😂😂
    That’s true.
  • Options
    I turn on the match, and the Spaniard wins her first game. I think I'd better turn it off again  :D
  • Options
    Blimey - she’s a bit good isn’t she?! Would be great to have a Brit up in the top ten in the world post Murray whether it’s the mens or women’s game.

If she stays injury free she’s surely got a proper shout.
  • Options
    Blimey - she’s a bit good isn’t she?! Would be great to have a Brit up in the top ten in the world post Murray whether it’s the mens or women’s game.

If she stays injury free she’s surely got a proper shout.
    I think there's a serious danger of her getting writer's cramp. the number of autographs she's signing  ;)
  • Options
    Genuinely surprised at how well she's doing - her progress is amazing. It does also suggest the lack of strength in depth in the women's game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Genuinely surprised at how well she's doing - her progress is amazing. It does also suggest the lack of strength in depth in the women's game.
    Swiatek only woman to reach second week of all four slams this year. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I expected her to be facing No. 1 seed Ash Barty so perhaps a slice of luck that she (Barty) lost to Shelby Rogers. I’m sure the home crowd being behind her (Raducanu) opponent won’t be easy though.

Rogers 5/4
    Raducanu 4/6
  • Options
    Just to clarify, the Zverev v Sinner game starts at 5pm. Which means the Raducanu game will not start before 7pm UK time.
  • Options
    I expected her to be facing No. 1 seed Ash Barty so perhaps a slice of luck that she lost to Shelby Rogers. I’m sure the home crowd being behind her opponent won’t be easy though.

Rogers 5/4
    Raducanu 4/6
    I think it makes it harder in some respects. A home competitor, so won't have the crowd on her side, and she won't be able to go there with the "Ash is the clear favourite so there's no pressure on me" approach either
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Just to clarify, the Zverev v Sinner game starts at 5pm. Which means the Raducanu game will not start before 7pm UK time.
    Zverev leads by two sets and a break of serve (4-2) in the third. You’d think it should only be about 30 minutes until they’re out on court, barring any late swings in momentum.
  • Options
    I hope Zverev has been impeccable on court, so that the Saint can beat the Sinner
  • Options
    Very nervy start.
  • Options
    Then 6 games in a row to take the first set!
  • Options
    Then 6 games in a row to take the first set!
    Make that 7!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now 8 in a row… a set and a break up. Just has to hold serve four times to get to her first major quarter final.
  • Options
    Incredible so far.
  • Options
    Incredible so far.
    I am shaking my head is disbelief at how good she is. Hope she stay injury free as seems to be an amazing talent with a steely mental strength. The expectations are already enormous and she has many admirers who know what they are talking about
  • Options
    Incredible so far.
    I am shaking my head is disbelief at how good she is. Hope she stay injury free as seems to be an amazing talent with a steely mental strength. The expectations are already enormous and she has many admirers who know what they are talking about
    Rogers has been poor but Raducanu has been ruthless.
  • Options
    11 in a row. A game away from the last eight.
  • Options
    Unbelievable stuff
  • Options
    Well  that was impressive!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    6-2 6-1. Blew away Rogers who just came off a win against the No. 1 seed. Great stuff.

Next up, Belinda Bencic. Tokyo gold medallist. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Raducanu’s live world ranking is up to 74 and she is likely to become No. 1 Brit should she win the QF. She was outside the top 300 before Wimbledon and outside the top 150 before the US Open.
  • Options
    She can’t win the whole thing can she?