Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Upcoming Video Games thread

Comments

• Anyone been watching E3? Nothing major shown other than Elden Ring and the indie showcase had some really good looking games.
    Been keeping tabs on it & nothing exciting yet , the avatar game was the biggest revel but didn’t have much to show after almost 5 years of development so at least it’s in keeping with the avatar 2 film! 

Hoping to hear more about hogwarts legacy but there’s not much coming on anything I’m that interested in , im a ps5 guy so now Sony have pulled out of E3 I’m not expecting anything exciting 
    Avatar trailer looked good but no gameplay and saying released in 2022 makes me think it won't come out next year.

I'm expecting some big things from Xbox/Bethesda later today on the back of Phil Spencer saying this week they will be releasing a at least one first party game a quarter,  it's good for me as an Series X/Ganepass owner but they have to deliver the games now.

Can see me playing a lot of the indie games shown yesterday as they pretty much all had summer 21 release dates and playable demos so looking likely to release on-time.
  • Anyone been watching E3? Nothing major shown other than Elden Ring and the indie showcase had some really good looking games.
    I just saw some stuff on Rainbow Six - Extraction and haven't been this disappointed since they started putting marshmallow in Ricicles. 

I like a good R6 game because of the realism so be shooting generic monsters is not what I want from any Tom Clancy game. I'm still playing Wildlands, guess that won't be changing any time soon! 
  • So Microsoft pretty much nailed their showcase yesterday, 90 minutes of just gameplay capture's no talking heads or Dev diary deep dives although there were maybe 3 purely CGI trailer's, 27 of the 30 shown games day 1 straight to Gamepass, Bethesda confirmed as now Xbox exclusive and unavailed a new IP from Arkane.

Not all the games will be my cup of tea as a lot were multiplayer games and I don't particularly like or play those.

The Guardians of The Galaxy game from Square looked good and Far Cry 6 looks decent but both are £60 each and when you think you get 12 months of Gamepass for that it seems a lot!!

Also battlefield 6 is £70 for multiplayer only game!!!!! 
  • edited June 2021
    Trailer for Battlefield, I know some will say it looks amazing, but I got bored watching it, which is a shame as I normally love playing this.

I know it’s only a trailer and probably what’s in the trailer might not be in the gane

https://youtu.be/LuXsKqwE3v8
  • Yeah me too. The trailers like that are nothing to do with what the game plays like. I watched the gameplay video for that one and still got bored. The games can get fancier graphics, but they single player game is still on rails. You might as well be playing Operation Wolf. 
  • Battlefield gameplay trailer was very strange - for a FPS game they only showed about 2 seconds of gun play
  • Flight Simulator now available for series X, I pre downloaded it ready to go straight away, just fired it up only to have to do a 27gb update before I can play!!!!! 
    Gonna fly over The Valley first to see how good (or bad) it looks..
  • edited July 2021
    Flight Simulator now available for series X, I pre downloaded it ready to go straight away, just fired it up only to have to do a 27gb update before I can play!!!!! 
    Yeah there will be monthly updates, none should be as big as 27gb though... You'll be disappointed with how the Valley looks

Although on the PC version a improved mod of the area is available for free which includes the modelled Valley

Enjoy
  • Skate 4 pretty much confirmed. Very excited. Skater XL whilst fun is too much of a simulation, whereas Tony Hawk is too arcadey. Skate had the sweet spot in the middle.
  • I’d love to play flight simulator but it strikers me as one of the games that would get boring after playing once or twice
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d love to play flight simulator but it strikers me as one of the games that would get boring after playing once or twice
    Depends on the flying that you were to do

If you were to try low and a little slow then you've got the maneuverability to do what you want

If you fly Airliners, a lot gets controlled by autopilot so for an hour you'll basically be sitting back letting the plane fly itself... Meaning you've basically just got to enjoy the view until its time to start preparing everything for the landing.

I certainly have my phases where I do a lot of flying, then take a bit of a break, the latter I'm in at the moment
  • Flight Simulator now available for series X, I pre downloaded it ready to go straight away, just fired it up only to have to do a 27gb update before I can play!!!!! 
    Yeah there will be monthly updates, none should be as big as 27gb though... You'll be disappointed with how the Valley looks

Although on the PC version a improved mod of the area is available for free which includes the modelled Valley

Enjoy
    I've been on a loading screen for 40 minutes!!!!!

Shouldn't have had a worldwide release at the same time, servers clearly can't handle the amount of people wanting to try it out! They have acknowledged on Twitter and say it will eventually load, think I'll leave it till tomorrow.  

Good old day one release problems!!!

Enjoy
    I've been on a loading screen for 40 minutes!!!!!

Shouldn't have had a worldwide release at the same time, servers clearly can't handle the amount of people wanting to try it out! They have acknowledged on Twitter and say it will eventually load, think I'll leave it till tomorrow.  

Good old day one release problems!!!
    Yeah those release problems happened with the PC version as well

I never had to, but did read a lot of cases where some were forced to uninstall and re-install a few times
  • I don't know if anyone is still looking, but the ps5 was available this morning on EE as an add on to existing contracts
  • Just platinumed Rachet & Clank, another great game in the series! Picked up Fallout 76 for a fiver, heard its massively improved nowadays
  • My mate has leant him his PS4 now that he has upgraded to the 5. I am smashing through Spider-Man which is really good, although the loading and quicktime sequences/ cut scenes bother me. Some cut scenes feature Spidey doing stuff that I could be doing, so it makes me feel like, what's the point in me playing? Aside from that I do enjoy an open world map with quests to tick off. And being Spider-Man in the Raimi suit keeps me very happy between work and sleep! 

It's my first time on a PS since I had a PS2 many years ago, and I am not a huge fan of the interface, I cannot figure out what's going on with the profiles at all. The controllers aren't as bad as I thought (although they don't compare to the Elite II). Ultimately gameplay is identical across the platforms which I suppose is what matters. I'd love to try the PS5 controllers, heard a lot of good things. But not sure this experience will sway me from being an Xbox owner on the next gen. 
  • The PS5 controller is pretty great. I love on Call of Duty how the triggers get harder to press depending on the gun you pick up.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    My mate has leant him his PS4 now that he has upgraded to the 5. I am smashing through Spider-Man which is really good, although the loading and quicktime sequences/ cut scenes bother me. Some cut scenes feature Spidey doing stuff that I could be doing, so it makes me feel like, what's the point in me playing? Aside from that I do enjoy an open world map with quests to tick off. And being Spider-Man in the Raimi suit keeps me very happy between work and sleep! 

It's my first time on a PS since I had a PS2 many years ago, and I am not a huge fan of the interface, I cannot figure out what's going on with the profiles at all. The controllers aren't as bad as I thought (although they don't compare to the Elite II). Ultimately gameplay is identical across the platforms which I suppose is what matters. I'd love to try the PS5 controllers, heard a lot of good things. But not sure this experience will sway me from being an Xbox owner on the next gen. 
    That spidey game is great fun! Comes a close second to Spiderman 2 on the OG xbox/PS2 though which is still one of my favourite games ever 
  • Another vote here for the new ps5 controller. Feels a lot better in the hands than the old controllers did, and the haptics and triggers are a gamechanger. Racing games where you can feel the kerb and the throttle and brake "pedals" resist as you lose grip etc just makes the game more immersive.

Only thing I don't like is the sprint button on FIFA becoming resistant as your players fatigue, completely nonsensical as the players are already impacted, I don't need my fingers to fatigue too, EA, so I turn it off for FIFA
  • Finished Pyschonauts 2 yesterday, probably my game of the year so far, completely bat shit crazy but the story, writing, platforming, visuals and voice acting are all top draw, highly recommend it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just played a couple of hours of Halo Infinite, really good first couple of missions, old school feeeling Halo, dark narrow corridors, solid story, weapons and gameplay feel really tight. Not reached the open world parts yet so not sure how that plays but reviews are all good so looking forward to seeing how the story unfolds.
  • Very late to the party with this, but I just finished The Last Of Us 2. Fantastic, one of the best games I've played in years. 
  • edited December 2021
    alicwkd said:
    Very late to the party with this, but I just finished The Last Of Us 2. Fantastic, one of the best games I've played in years. 
    Brilliant game. Not sure it topped The Last of Us 1, but a very good game nonetheless. Joel living a full and happy life caught me off guard.
  • It's a few years old but Stardew Valley has taken over my life the past month. It's up there with Football Manager for addiction
  • I have really enjoyed deathloop on the ps5, but the online mode is shit
  • Chunes said:
    alicwkd said:
    Very late to the party with this, but I just finished The Last Of Us 2. Fantastic, one of the best games I've played in years. 
    Brilliant game. Not sure it topped The Last of Us 1, but a very good game nonetheless. Joel dying caught me off guard.
    Jesus... Thanks for the spoiler
    Agree, I was looking forward to playing this game.
  • Chunes said:
    alicwkd said:
    Brilliant game. Not sure it topped The Last of Us 1, but a very good game nonetheless. Joel dying caught me off guard.
    Jesus... Thanks for the spoiler
    My brother in law spoiled that bit for me, text me asking if he had died yet when I just started playing 
  • The gameplay trailers for Horizon Forbidden West look absolutely brilliant. It's released on my birthday next year, trying to convince management at home that I can treat myself to the PS5 HFW combo. Currently not looking too positive on that front.
  • I've also been watching a playthrough of Life is Strange: True Colours. It's not the sort of game I'd probably play myself but I've enjoyed watching the playthrough. I find the sort of "play along movies" quite an interesting concept but far prefer watching others play than wasting my gaming time to play myself.

I've been playing Ghost of Tsushima on New Game+ with the additional expansion. It really is a beautifully made game. Would recommend it if others haven't played/heard of it.