Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wayne Rooney's Derby County - not any more (p41)

Should the FA intervene to prevent them being relegated? Wayne has done loads for English football and it will be a travesty if they go down.

Comments

• edited April 2021
    Should the FA intervene to prevent them being relegated? Wayne has done loads for English football and it will be a travesty if they go down.

think we should invite celtic and rangers to play in the championship next season as the championship would really need those kind of big teams in the league to replace derby.
  • Rotherham leading but sadly down to 10 men - need them to win.
    Gonna be a tough ask now ... hope they make it and the Wendies and Rooneyites go down. 
  • 1-1 with Middlesbrough now 
  • Rotherham have 3 games in hand on the others down there before today, but to fit games in played Saturday Tuesday Thursday Sunday and now Wednesday, a tough ask
  • I don't think Rotherham will have enough to stay up, I fully expect the current bottom 3 to go down. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought Derby were replacing Man City in the ESL  
    No that’s Huddersfield.
  • They deserve it for appointing Rooney in the first place!

• They deserve it for appointing Rooney in the first place!

Out of interest, why?
  • They deserve it, like Wednesday, for trying to cheat the system. I suppose appointing Rooney looked like another dodgy move, but you can argue that he was appointed primarily as a coach seeing as he is managing them now.
  • Well at least one of Derby/Wednesday are guaranteed to go down which pleases me but makes it a bit tougher to get promotion next season if we don’t go up this one. 
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Well at least one of Derby/Wednesday are guaranteed to go down which pleases me but makes it a bit tougher to get promotion next season if we don’t go up this one. 
    If they go down, I believe they will go into free fall. They won’t be able to sustain their wage bill in division one. 
    Definitely this, I think Derby would really struggle to recover from relegation. 
  • stonemuse said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Well at least one of Derby/Wednesday are guaranteed to go down which pleases me but makes it a bit tougher to get promotion next season if we don’t go up this one. 
    If they go down, I believe they will go into free fall. They won’t be able to sustain their wage bill in division one. 
    Yeah they can, just keep pumping money into the club, the EFL won't do anything about it
  • edited April 2021
    Yeah, I think Rotherham would be better equipped to mount a title challenge next year.
  • Derby are in almost exactly the same mess we were in with their “takeover”

https://the72.co.uk/232849/derby-county-takeover-alonso-facing-efl-quiz-with-oktohari-links-now-central-to-investigation/

Maybe Southall tells alonso to front it because hes found Indonesian backers that will pay for the club (which don’t exist)?

If they’re not relegated this season they will be next imo 
  • Derby are in almost exactly the same mess we were in with their “takeover”

https://the72.co.uk/232849/derby-county-takeover-alonso-facing-efl-quiz-with-oktohari-links-now-central-to-investigation/

Maybe Southall tells alonso to front it because hes found Indonesian backers that will pay for the club (which don’t exist)?

If they’re not relegated this season they will be next imo 
    I just went to look at their accounts - both the football club and Some Morris owned company that seems to have relationship with DC haven’t filed their 2019 accounts yet.  They are currently 10 months late. Not a good sign. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Just looking at their run out, last game is Derby v Sheffield Wednesday 
  • sam3110 said:
    stonemuse said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Yeah they can, just keep pumping money into the club, the EFL won't do anything about it
    And where’s the money coming from? 
  • stonemuse said:
    sam3110 said:
    stonemuse said:
    MrOneLung said:
    And where’s the money coming from? 
    They could sell their ground again. 
    That would not surprise me in the least! 
  • The great thing about Derby’s woeful form is that it could well mean that it will be Wednesday’s 6 point deduction that takes them down.