Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Rooney's Derby County - not any more (p41)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    great photo

@stig and @charltonnick hiding at the back of the stand

@Airman Brown and a CACT board member on the right
  • Options
    I hope Rooney stays in charge and they get relegated next season after a disastrous takeover - even then I imagine the EFL would overturn the relegation.

The EFL are useless.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @bolloxbolder right in the middle as well.

@Latimer on the left.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

@Latimer on the left.
    Not me I am afraid. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:

@Latimer on the left.
    Not me I am afraid. 
    Just realised. Too much hair  :D
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

That will help.... 
    I wonder who will be paying that...?  Mel Morris or the incoming new owner ?  Answer on a postcard to :

New Owner
    Wont see me for dust
    Somewhere you cant find me

• Options
    Wow, this is just going to be such a bad day for Derby...possible points deduction leading to relegation and the loss of c£5m TV money AND a £2.3 payout to a former player!
  • Options
    The rights and the wrongs of the incident that caused Keogh's injury are separate to the disgraceful way that Keogh was treated when compared to the younger, more saleable assets involved.
    Slightly amusing that Keogh eventually ended up at Huddersfield, who were awful but managed to finish above Derby!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

That will help.... 
    I wonder who will be paying that...?  Mel Morris or the incoming new owner ?  Answer on a postcard to :

New Owner
    Wont see me for dust

Alonso should be easy to find. He even posted that video off someone else's TikTok of his magnificent house for all to see.
  • Options
    They'll be paying Southall to take the club off them by the end of the week, though he might not want it as there's nothing left to help himself to.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

That will help.... 

New Owner
    Wont see me for dust

Oh  dear ! 

A case of all their chickens coming home to roost at the same time....
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Wow, this is just going to be such a bad day for Derby...possible points deduction leading to relegation and the loss of c£5m TV money AND a £2.3 payout to a former player!
    Why ? They’ve got a fabulously wealthy new owner. 
  • Options
    Southall has it covered.
  • Options
    Southall has it covered.
    As long has he has his super duper phone everything will be fine.
  • Options

The car crash happened after a team-bonding day. Lawrence was over the drink-drive limit and so was Mason Bennett, now of Millwall, who had driven off ahead. When Bennett stopped his car at a give-way line, Lawrence went into the back of him before careering into the lamppost. They fled the scene, leaving Keogh unconscious.

Who needs enemies with mates like that eh? I know people panic in situations like this but imagine getting so drunk that you write off your car and then decide to leave your friend, colleague, club captain in the back not knowing if he's dead or alive solely with the intention of saving your own skin. I know they were young and hopefully have learned their lesson but it definitely does not paint them in a good light at all.

I'm sure Keogh made mistakes, you'd find it hard to believe he didn't know they were drunk when he got in the car and as a senior pro and captain he should have stopped it but the way he was treated afterwards was appalling. Although I don't think any of them should have been sacked, Derby could at least have taken the moral high ground if they got rid of all 3. They lost all credibility when they keep the 2 that they could class as 'assets' and got rid of the 1 who was injured for 18 months and so of no use to them.

In terms of the case, I'm absolutely convinced Derby knew they'd lose this and just decided to drag it out as long as possible with the hope Keogh would cave and accept a reduced settlement. I can't think of any situation in which they could possibly have thought they'd win this case given all the information thats come to light.
    Precisely!
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    If their deduction is placed on them for the 20/21 season it'll be more salt in the wound for us last season when Sheffield Wednesday had their deduction pushed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    If Derby get a points deduction I’m sure it will be next season just like Sheffield Wednesday. Far too confrontational and contentious to do it now and relegate them. 
  • Options
    I dont know why anyone would want to see Derby relegated this season. If they are I know its just going to piss me off even more as proof we should have stayed in the Championship last term 
  • Options
    I dont know why anyone would want to see Derby relegated this season. If they are I know its just going to piss me off even more as proof we should have stayed in the Championship last term 
    Far more satisfying if they get a points deduction and get relegated next season.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    We definitely have an interest in this. If Derby are relegated this season, why were Sheffield Wednesday not relegated last season as has been said? Surely there would be possible grounds for legal action on our part. I suspect any possible points deduction will happen next season. That is not satisfactory at all, but when you make one dodgy decision, it affects future decisions.
  • Options
    We definitely have an interest in this. If Derby are relegated this season, why were Sheffield Wednesday not relegated last season as has been said? Surely there would be possible grounds for legal action on our part. I suspect any possible points deduction will happen next season. That is not satisfactory at all, but when you make one dodgy decision, it affects future decisions.
    If memory serves, didn't the EFL 'forget' to appeal the Sheffield Wednesday decision, hence it was applied to the following season. Both Derby and Macclesfield were appealed and should therefore follow the same procedure, ie points deducted this season. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Pedro45 said:
    If their deduction is placed on them for the 20/21 season it'll be more salt in the wound for us last season when Sheffield Wednesday had their deduction pushed.
    Exactly - can't see it happening, but you never know with the EFL!
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    If Derby are to be relegated this season as punishment then I presume Wycombe remain up ? It’s only fair to Wycombe that this is resolved this week because how can they prepare for next season in terms of budgets, players and contracts if they don’t know what division they will be playing. Can’t see it being resolved for a few weeks so on that basis the EFL will bottle it again and punish Derby next season. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Rizzo said:
    If memory serves, didn't the EFL 'forget' to appeal the Sheffield Wednesday decision, hence it was applied to the following season. Both Derby and Macclesfield were appealed and should therefore follow the same procedure, ie points deducted this season. 
    So if they forgot to do it or got it wrong, it can be argued as being negligence that has cost us a lot of money.
  • Options
    Whatever season the EFL decide to punish them in, is the penalty likely to be only 6 points as SW appealed their "meagre" 12 point penalty and got it reduced. 
  • Options
    Just give them a 1 point punishment that has to take place this season.