Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Rooney's Derby County - not any more (p41)

1373839404143»

Comments

• Options
    They are certainly getting players in quick - not sure about some of the signings though - we wait and see
  • Options
    They are certainly getting players in quick - not sure about some of the signings though - we wait and see
    Hourihane and Barkhuizen should be decent signings. Chester can probably still do a job at this level, but i'm not sure about the others.
  • Options
    Big name signings don't always work out in this league... Ben Watson and Harry Arter...
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    It's funny how they are signing "names" from the Leagues above. Is it from a list Rosenoir has drawn up or what the owners think the fans will like ? On paper it looks good but will they gel as a team ??

Also they have to stick to rigid EFL rules regarding cost & sustainability. You would think a 3rd tier club would not be able to afford their wages but if Derby can show Hourihane is not on any more than Bielik then I suppose the EFL will allow it. 

Shame the squad cap regarding wages has been thrown out because Derby wouldn't have been able to sign these players 2 seasons ago. 
  • Options
    It's funny how they are signing "names" from the Leagues above. Is it from a list Rosenoir has drawn up or what the owners think the fans will like ? On paper it looks good but will they gel as a team ??

Also they have to stick to rigid EFL rules regarding cost & sustainability. You would think a 3rd tier club would not be able to afford their wages but if Derby can show Hourihane is not on any more than Bielik then I suppose the EFL will allow it. 

Shame the squad cap regarding wages has been thrown out because Derby wouldn't have been able to sign these players 2 seasons ago. 
    Re the Bielik part. I believe a playing budget has been agreed with the EFL and they have to stick to that. Can pay a player 10k pw and the others just 1k if it comes within the budget.
  • Options
    Big name signings don't always work out in this league... Ben Watson and Harry Arter...
    Is Harry Arter a big name? 
  • Options

Unbelievably he's a Premier League footballer
  • Options
    Some big name signings don't work in this league.  Pritchard and McClean both did alright last season didn't they?

There is no profile of a player that is guaranteed to work and one that isn't.

I missed the word always :smile:
  • Options

Unbelievably he's a Premier League footballer
    I bet he plays the same amount of Premier League games next season as I do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have any terms of the deal been made public? If anyone has not been paid in full by the new owners, there should be a complete embargo on transfer fees for some period of time. 
  • Options
    Have any terms of the deal been made public? If anyone has not been paid in full by the new owners, there should be a complete embargo on transfer fees for some period of time. 
    I didn't think anyone would be paid in full after an administration.
  • Options
    I agree, but if you’ve just paid everyone 30p on the £, there should be no way you’re paying transfer fees. I did think this was a rule, but can’t confirm that. 
  • Options
    I agree, but if you’ve just paid everyone 30p on the £, there should be no way you’re paying transfer fees. I did think this was a rule, but can’t confirm that. 
    They are all free transfers as far as I'm aware.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers
  • Options

Derby County: How one of England's historic clubs was saved from a wild ride to ruin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62377986
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    One source told BBC Sport that Derby County has become a byword for "backdoor chicanery and trickery". Clowes wants to change that.

His desire is to make Derby sustainable. It is being stressed that if that means a season or two in League One, that is the way it will have to be. Amid the clear temptation to plough money into his boyhood club, Clowes is described as unlikely to succumb.

Asked what he wanted Derby to stand for, his reply was succinct: "Stability, integrity and progress."

And yet Derby probably have the biggest budget in League One

Are the wages that the likes of Hourihane on sustainable, especially for a League One club? - Or are they showing they've learnt nothing from recent years, and are throwing their money at a quick gamble of being able to get back out of League One quickly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like Derby's transfer embargo has been lifted according to Radio Derby.

Que them spending money like water this summer after missing out on the Play-Offs