Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wayne Rooney's Derby County - not any more (p41)

Comments

• relegation or survival, he'll be sacked in the close season ;.. sad that a grand old club, a F L founder has been allowed by owners, managers and players to get into such a state .. and yes I know this is not the first example and certainly won't be the last 
  • They have already sold the ground, to another company of the current owner. 
  • Despite being utterly woeful I think they'll stay up - would love Rotherham to overhaul them.
  • edited April 2021
    Fixtures:-

Derby
    Swansea (A), Swansea in the playoffs just depends what position they finish in, probably go into them on a winning run? 
    Sheffield Wednesday (H) Shit or bust game maybe?

Rotherham
    Brentford (A) see Swansea above.
    Blackburn (H) Blackburn safe in midtable.
    Luton (A) Luton safe in midtable.
    Cardiff (A) Cardiff missed the playoffs.

Sheffield Wednesday aka The Massives
    Nottingham Forest (H) Forest safe.
    Derby (A) Hopefully Rotherham have got their finger out and other results mean they both go down regardless of the result.

• msomerton said:
    They have already sold the ground, to another company of the current owner. 
    They could sell it again. EFL wouldn't do anything.
  • Cant see Rotherham winning any games, they have had plenty of chances to do so. Think Derby will survive.
  • I think Rotherham will beat Blackburn and Luton. I recall Blackburn last season losing against I think Luton when they had nothing to play for. 
  • It would be nice if Derby go down as well but as long as the Wendies go I'm happy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• A now deleted tweet

• msomerton said:
    They have already sold the ground, to another company of the current owner. 
    Hmm, is that so. Let's see ...

That company sells the ground back to the club for the price of a multi-pack of pickled onion Monster Munch ...

The club gets the ground re-valued (independently, of course) at £120m (claiming land value etc has increased since last time) ...

The club then sells the ground to a different company (pure coincidence that it's also a related party) for £150m (seeing as they got away with selling at way above the fair value disclosed in the stats last time, why not do it again?).

Meanwhile, at Football League HQ ...

Maybe the EFL would do that but I doubt HMRC, missing out on Stamp Duty on the sale into the club due to a sale at undervalue would turn a blind eye!

• I suspect he has already submitted the one for her operation last week and also another one for her design skills for the boardroom at Derby. £80k for a couple of coats of magnolia should do it
  • Uboat said:
    The great thing about Derby’s woeful form is that it could well mean that it will be Wednesday’s 6 point deduction that takes them down. 
    Could be fact it was reduced to 6 points that keeps them up.
  • Shame to see a famous old club in such a state but if they do go down, would love to look every one of those wankers who took the piss out of us on the pitch after the last game of the season when we we were relegated to the 3rd div and ask how they feel.
    Never trust a geezer who uses the term duck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well we all know what will happen here dont we. 12 pts deduction, reduced to 6 on appeal, imposed from the start of next season !
  • AndyG said:
    Well we all know what will happen here dont we. 12 pts deduction, reduced to 6 on appeal, imposed from the start of next season !
    To be honest I hope it is from next season, if its from this then it really does take the absolute piss
  • AndyG said:
    Well we all know what will happen here dont we. 12 pts deduction, reduced to 6 on appeal, imposed from the start of next season !
    Will have to be next.seasom surely given the SW precedent now set.

Shame as I'd love Wycombe to stay up instead.
  • Pretty sure that (as with Wednesday) if the verdict and points deduction is decided after the last game then it will only apply from next season.
  • Pretty sure that (as with Wednesday) if the verdict and points deduction is decided after the last game then it will only apply from next season.
    Unless you're Macclesfield when it can be applied immediately as the article says.

But Derby, and Wednesday, aren't Macclesfield so they are OK
    Sadly this is the case
  • Will it be different to SW as the decision has been made and appealed?

-12 points should apply. Appeal would be pointless - ged it? 😬
  • edited May 2021
    I imagine it will be about the same punishment as for a speeding ticket. 3 points & a £100 fine. Or take a speed awereness course (in the football context - read the rule book) and told to be more careful next time.

If the "Independent" panel are consistent then they will side with Derby - 12 point deduction which will take place next season (same as SW last season). Wycombe's appeal wont win either.  
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57068040

BBC reporting it now

Derby County are set to find out that they have lost a battle with the English Football League over the Championship club's accounting policies.
    The Rams were cleared of breaching Financial Fair Play rules last year.
    However, the EFL appealed against the decision to an independent tribunal and it is understood to have won its case, which centres around how new signings are accounted for.
    An announcement is expected soon.