Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Rooney's Derby County - not any more (p41)

Comments

• Options
    EFL make me want to puke,they are corruption personified.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    "After the horse has bolted " - the EFL's new motto.

Unfeckinbelievable !

Didn't the Wycombe owner say he would sue if this happened ? 

REALLY hope he goes through with this threat.
  • Options
    Absolutely stinks. Again. 
  • Options

• Options
    So once you sell the family silver and you don’t change your spending what’s left? If Derby don’t get promoted and or find a new mug with hundreds of millions to pump in in the short term they are in a very perilous position. I don’t really want them to disappear But clubs theses need a bit of pain, they cheat the rest of us. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Derby have e a 3 points deduction suspended for 2021/2022 season for late payment of wages. The deduction will take place if late payment occurs during season. Sheffield Wednesday have a 6 point decuction suspended for the 2021/2022 for late payment of wages on more than one occasion. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I didnt think it was my best one but I'll take it
  • Options
    Now, just imagine if Sheff Wed were playing their first match of the season against a team whose fans like a good protest......and it was live on tv.

Anyone got any pigs left......??
    I've got some beach balls

• Options
    The 72 - We Love the Football League: Derby County owner Mel Morris facing 'new financial crunch' with points penalty looming - Alan Nixon.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    The point deduction won't be applied until Derby are mathematically safe next season. If it's looking dicey at the end of April the penalty will then be pushed further back into 2023 in the interests of 'natural justice'. A month or 2 later the EFL will put out a statement at close of play on a Friday, informing us that the punishment will be suspended as long as going forward the club pay all bills on time. Rinse and repeat.
  • Options
    If Rooney is on a reputed 80k per week, half the excess is his anyway.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    If Rooney is on a reputed 80k per week, half the excess is his anyway.
    That's what is so daft about it all. In any other business if one employee was costing you around 50% of your expenditure surely you would either get rid of them or lower their wages. I wonder how long Rooney has left on his contract  ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Look at the team they have put out today 😳😳

Intresting that Chong has scored for Man U but is on loan at Birmingham 🤯
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Look at the team they have put out today 😳😳

Intresting that Chong has scored for Man U but is on loan at Birmingham 🤯
    Chong is joining Birmingham when the season starts, he will have pre-season with Man Utd. 
  • Options
    4 or 5 of that team are free agents so haven't signed a contract yet.

A quick look on twitter though and their fans are already raving about Morrison. 
  • Options
    Their bread is quite good.
  • Options
    Blimey, though Sone Aluko retired years ago, he is only 32 and played over 30 times for Reading last season.

• Options

Derby are appealing to the English Football League to relax its rules to allow the Championship side to register new players for the 2021-22 season.

They are under an EFL transfer embargo for financial reasons, which include defaulting on payments to HMRC.

Manager Wayne Rooney had only nine registered senior players for Sunday's pre-season match with Manchester United, two of whom were goalkeepers.

Rooney used five non-contract players in Sunday's game at Pride Park.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57887861

• Options
    clive said:

Derby are appealing to the English Football League to relax its rules to allow the Championship side to register new players for the 2021-22 season.

They are under an EFL transfer embargo for financial reasons, which include defaulting on payments to HMRC.

Manager Wayne Rooney had only nine registered senior players for Sunday's pre-season match with Manchester United, two of whom were goalkeepers.

Rooney used five non-contract players in Sunday's game at Pride Park.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57887861

This is never-ending! 

They are in an embargo because they can’t afford to pay the wages of current players and money to HMRC, but want the embargo lifted, so they can buy more players. Ridiculous!
    The seem to be of the opinion, aided and abetted by the FA, that the rules simply don't apply to them and that they just need to find a way round them, legal or not.
  • Options
    EFL will be sad for them and give them 20 points.