Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Done. I think. Normally you get an email with a link to confirm authenticity, but didn’t get one this time. 
  • Curbs, the builder. Can he fix it?
  • Signed and this  god deserves it ..... you don’t just turn up and get promotion and stay in the Prem 
  • I’ve just read the word friend and for some reason the spelling doesn’t sit right with me even though it’s right ..... wibble 
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:
    Airman, sorry if I've missed this but precisely what form of recognition are you suggesting? Is it to name a stand or is it something else. I am all in favour of him being recognised, but I am not yet ready to commit to stand-naming. We only have three un-named stands and the whole future to label them. I'd prefer to keep our powder dry in the hope of a more illustrious future. 
    Not in our lifetimes !
  • Grateful for any help people can provide publicising this petition through their own social media. I think we can get this done quickly if we show Thomas Sandgaard the extent of esteem for Curbs and his achievements. It is timely given that it will be 30 years in July since Curbs' became joint manager, his current prominence and the fact that it won't cost very much. It can then to incorporated into next season's ticket offer. But we do need plenty of names to make clear that it's something fans want.
    Read the piece, happy to share. Are you ultimately asking Sandgaard to name a stand after Curbs?
  • Stig said:
    Airman, sorry if I've missed this but precisely what form of recognition are you suggesting? Is it to name a stand or is it something else. I am all in favour of him being recognised, but I am not yet ready to commit to stand-naming. We only have three un-named stands and the whole future to label them. I'd prefer to keep our powder dry in the hope of a more illustrious future. 
    If we renamed the East Stand it would have taken us over a 100 years to name half the stands.   It would be a nice problem to have. 
  • Done and shared. 
  • Stig said:
    Not in our lifetimes !
    Shit, what do you know?  

• Should have happened years ago. 
  • Sponsored links:

• New VOTV, Ramsgate to DA5 in less than 24 hours.

Unbelievable  Rick :open_mouth:
  • edited February 2021
    cafctom said:
    Stig said:
    What are the chances of us having a manager who lasts in the job for 15+ years, gets us promoted to the Premier League twice (and keeps us there), oversees the club’s greatest game (Wembley 1998), brings in legendary players like Powell/Mendonca/Hunt/Bowyer/Kinsella/Di Canio/Rufus/Brown/Robinson/Kiely/Parker etc, whilst providing enough firepower for the club to double the capacity of the stadium? 

If we’re going to have *three* more managers who go and exceed the above in their own way then I’ll be thrilled - but it’s not going to happen in our lifetimes. 
    The chances are low. Not sure what the relevance of 'our lifetimes' is though. I want the club to last longer than all of us.
  • VOTV arrived in Abbey Wood, petition signed.
  • Still think we should name the NW Quadrant after him, rename it Curbishley Corner. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Still think we should name the NW Quadrant after him, rename it Curbishley Corner. 
    You beat me to it! That was my great idea, but realise it may be cringey and something palace would do
  • Curbishley's Covered End