Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2020/21 FA Cup Thread

Comments

• County dealing quite comfortably with West Ham so far but showing little attacking threat. 
  • Jesus wept they've paused Stockport v West Ham because of the fireworks
    Bizarre timing for firework display.
    Bizarre timing for firework display.

The fireworks set off outside Stockport County's ground on the 15th minute of tonight’s game were for 15-year-old local lad Khai Whitehead, who is currently fighting for his life after being hit by a police car responding to a 999 call.

Let’s hope he pulls through 🙏🏻 https://t.co/02PEykK0ic
  • edited January 2021
    Real commentator love in for Rooney's brother.

He's played less than a season in the football league, but he's a 'real talent' apparently.

Mike Dean stopped the game because he couldn't hear the Ass Refs and 4th official rather than watching the pretty colours.
  • Croydon said:

He's played less than a season in the football league, but he's a 'real talent' apparently.

John is a journeyman footballer who have played mainly in Conference/National League but did score that wonder goal from his own half recently.

• Croydon said:

John is a journeyman footballer who have played mainly in Conference/National League but did score that wonder goal from his own half recently.

Oh I didn't know he scored from his own half, they've not mentioned it...
  • Poor old Spurs, rotten luck as usual another tough draw for them
  • Poor old Spurs, rotten luck as usual another tough draw for them
    Away to Wycombe might be easy but then they are likely to be away to Everton in round 5 which wont be easy, Man City however have a couple of easy games
  • Sponsored links:

• Stockport held West Ham to 1-0 : defended pretty well. Pitch was awful due to heavy rain.
  • I'm still staggered that Stockport dropped out of the league

Yes they were well above their historical level, but in 97/98 where we finished 4th in the second tier, Stockport finished 8th
  • edited January 2021
    I'm still staggered that Stockport dropped out of the league

Yes they were well above their historical level, but in 97/98 where we finished 4th in the second tier, Stockport finished 8th
    We were in League One with them as recent as 2010

That was when they started their drop as they finished bottom both that year and the following one in League Two

Only lasted another two seasons before dropping into the National League North

York have done similar, they had Nick Pope on loan from us, got into the Play-Offs and got beaten 1-0 by Fleetwood, two years later they went down to the National League, following year they went down to the National League North where they still are now, three years later
  • edited January 2021
    5th round draw

Fulham/Burnley v Bournemouth/ Mark Wrights Crawley 

Man Utd/Liverpool v Stockport/West Ham/ Doncaster 

Sheffield Utd/ Plymouth v Millwall/ Bristol City

Chorley/ Wolves v Southampton/ Shrewsbury/ Arsenal

Barnsley/Norwich v Chelsea/Luton

Everton/Sheffield Wednesday v Wycombe/Tottenham 

Swansea/Nottingham Forest v Cheltenham/Man City

Brentford/Leicester v Brighton/Blackpool 

(1) Fulham/Burnley v Bournemouth/Crawley
    (2) Man Utd/Liverpool v West Ham
    (3) Sheff Utd v Bristol City
    (4) Wolves v Southampton
    (5) Barnsley v Chelsea/Luton
    (6) Everton/Sheff Wed v Wycombe/Spurs
    (7) Swansea v Cheltenham/Man City
    (8) Brentford/Leicester v Brighton
  • edited January 2021
    Millwall lost 3-0 to Bristol City today

A little bit of light relief after our result
  • Millwall lost 3-0 to Bristol City today

A little bit of light relief after our result
    Yeah its obvious why they lost... they knew they had an away game outside London in the next round

Their parole officer must have said: "Look lads, its okay if its the League but leaving town in the cup... I cant allow it"
  • edited January 2021
    Game stopped for fireworks off the pitch. That may be a first for me.
  • Game stopped for fireworks off the pitch. That may be a first for me. Just when you think you've seen it all. 
    Happened between Stockport and West Ham as well when they stopped the game briefly
  • Game stopped for fireworks off the pitch. That may be a first for me. Just when you think you've seen it all. 
    Happened between Stockport and West Ham as well when they stopped the game briefly
    Didn't see that. 😉
  • I have a stock of fireworks ready to let off when Charlton have a decent cup run

They're out of date now
  • Sponsored links:

• Half time. Cheltenham 0-0 Man C
  • I'm sure in the first half, Alfie May was given offside when running back towards a Man City player who touch the ball, much like the situation from the other night.
  • Well played Cheltenham. 
  • Go on Alfie 
  • edited January 2021
    They cant can they?
  • Tozer is putting in a proper captain's performance here. 
  • Nice to see a local lad scoring... May is from Gravesend 
  • edited January 2021
    Had to be Phil Foden that equalised

He loves playing against lower league opposition in the Cups
  • Gutting for Cheltenham. 
  • Great touch from Jesus