Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2020/21 FA Cup Thread

Comments

• Options
    Great touch from Jesus
    The timed run was even better
  • Options
    They cant can they?
    No
  • Options
    One thing i've realised watching this tonight, Mendy's time at City is surely up. Was decent at Marseille and superb at Monaco but injuries have ruined him. Nowhere near the level you need to be at City.

City were practically playing with 10 men, and it can't just be coincidence the game turned as soon as he went off.
  • Options
    I know it sounds like something a Charlton fan would say given the history, but Danny Murphy really does talk absolute rubbish.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

If Foden wasn't a footballer he'd be dressed head to toe in JB Sports wear terrorising residents on his local council estate on an electric scooter.

He’s got to start for England. I’d play Foden Grealish and Sancho at the moment behind Kane.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    JohnBoyUK said:

If Foden wasn't a footballer he'd be dressed head to toe in JB Sports wear terrorising residents on his local council estate on an electric scooter.

He’s got to start for England. I’d play Foden Grealish and Sancho at the moment behind Kane.
    Sancho not so sure about as he's been way off his usual form for Dortmund this season.

However i simply cannot see Southgate starting without Rashford and Sterling alongside Kane though. And if you play those 3, then to also play both Grealish and Foden is probably way too attacking against bigger nations. You'll get away with it against shite countries in qualifiers, but bigger nations would over run us with our 1 defensive midfielder (probably Henderson). Grealish will surely start, Foden will probably be a sub as Southgate will go with Henderson and Rice.

Great to have so many decent options though.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Sancho not so sure about as he's been way off his usual form for Dortmund this season.

However i simply cannot see Southgate starting without Rashford and Sterling alongside Kane though. And if you play those 3, then to also go with Grealish and Foden is probably way too attacking against bigger nations. You'll get away with it against shite countries in qualifiers, but bigger nations would over run us with our 1 defensive midfielder (probably Henderson).

Great to have so many decent options though.

Sancho got two assists last night. He’s had a better season than Sterling off the top of my head. He could play those 4 and still have Rice and Henderson playing with a back 4. 4-2-3-1. But yeah you’re right, he won’t.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

cant argue with that.
  • Options
    Villa 2-0 up against Newcastle. My score prediction, so I really hope they now park the bus and see it out without trying to score any more goals  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Villa 2-0 up against Newcastle. My score prediction, so I really hope they now park the bus and see it out without trying to score any more goals  :D
    Although its not an FA Cup game
  • Options
    Tom Lockyer starts @ Chelsea, game on BBC1
  • Options
    Got to give Mitre a huge round of applause, not suppling Yellow/Orange balls this weekend for cup matches.
  • Options
    Christ Kepa!!!
  • Options
    Christ Kepa!!!
    He's just not very good is he. Don't actually think Mendy is amazing but Kepa continues to waste any chance he gets. 
  • Options
    Christ Kepa!!!
    He's just not very good is he. Don't actually think Mendy is amazing but Kepa continues to waste any chance he gets. 
    I remember the type of mistakes De Gea used to make in his early days @ Man Utd

Got slated nearly every week but at least he eventually improved - Dont see Kepa ever doing that
  • Options
    Christ Kepa!!!
    I remember the type of mistakes De Gea used to make in his early days @ Man Utd

Got slated nearly every week but at least he eventually improved - Dont see Kepa ever doing that
    Agreed, De Gea seemed to make good saves aswell, just had mistakes in him. I don't really remember Kepa making that many great saves last season, maybe I'm being harsh. Certainly doesn't look like he has the confidence to turn his career at Chelsea around anyway, will have to go back to Spain I think. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I know it sounds like something a Charlton fan would say given the history, but Danny Murphy really does talk absolute rubbish.
    after watching the Man city v Cheltenham game yesterday i noticed there's an option for no crowd noise. shame there wasn't an option for no commentary noise. Danny Murphy is one patronising prat. Goes on about the world class quality of City for most of the game even during when Cheltenham players were doing some nice bit of skill and that Tozer was having the "game of his life". 
  • Options
    Luton doing ok since changing shape (which is utterly depressing)
  • Options
    Hasselwank and Murphy now. good god. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hasselwank and Murphy now. good god. 
    Two of the biggest arses in football.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    after watching the Man city v Cheltenham game yesterday i noticed there's an option for no crowd noise. shame there wasn't an option for no commentary noise. Danny Murphy is one patronising prat. Goes on about the world class quality of City for most of the game even during when Cheltenham players were doing some nice bit of skill and that Tozer was having the "game of his life". 
    I think it’s also because he doesn’t bother to research teams outside the PL, so he can’t actually comment too much on the lower league opposition. See that quite a lot in FA Cup games. Feel like they should have someone commentating with them who knows those leagues and can comment with better facts etc about that team. 
  • Options
    Kepa made a save! Poor finish actually, didn’t have to move much but was hit with power. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Who is this co commentator, sounds like a kid??
  • Options
    Wont be surprised if there is an upset here
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Like how Luton changed shape after 16, instead of waiting for half to game to pass them by. They deserve a draw atm and maybe knick it at home.

Edit, no replays .. could do it on pens with that shittu keeper. 
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    Who is this co commentator, sounds like a kid??
    Karen Carney

Ex Arsenal, Chelsea and England player
  • Options
    Maybe not
  • Options
    Havertz went to give the ball to Giroud who said no give it to Werner who then missed.

At this point you have to feel sorry for Werner, it must be getting to him atm
  • Options
    71m for Kepa. Shrewd business.