Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2020/21 FA Cup Thread

Comments

• 100-1 for West Ham to score 2 late goals.
  • What an awful game.

United looked a lot better once Shaw, McTominay and Cavani came on, but both teams deserved to lose that for putting everyone watching through it.
  • What an awful game.

United looked a lot better once Shaw, McTominay and Cavani came on, but both teams deserved to lose that for putting everyone watching through it.
    I like Cavani as he gives United shape they just don't have when Martial plays up front. Having said that he was poor last night. 
  • What an awful game.

I like Cavani as he gives United shape they just don't have when Martial plays up front. Having said that he was poor last night. 
    And he looks like a dark haired Max Headroom, which brings a smile to my face...  
  • West Ham out is all that matters 
  • What an awful game.

And he looks like a dark haired Max Headroom, which brings a smile to my face...  
    ha ha. 

I cannot un-see this now. 

Edinson-son-son-son Ca-ca-cavani 
  • Cavani has been decent for them. Indeed it makes you wonder why he was a free agent all summer, as he certainly hasn't played like a past it player, looking for a final pay cheque
  • Sure I read he'd been after £350k a week so no one bit, then as the season was starting he agreed ("only"!!) £200k-ish a week rather than not get a move.
  • Sponsored links:

• What an awful game.

Martial has looked awful recently.  
  • Martial looked like he'd finally kicked on last season when he got over 20 goals but he's regressed again this season and ultimately isn't really good enough for United. 

If they went out and spent 200m on Grealish and Haaland they'd have a strong chance of properly challenging for the title. Currently United are ok but just not quite good enough.
  • Martial looked like he'd finally kicked on last season when he got over 20 goals but he's regressed again this season and ultimately isn't really good enough for United. 

If they went out and spent 200m on Grealish and Haaland they'd have a strong chance of properly challenging for the title. Currently United are ok but just not quite good enough.
    Lindelof isn't great either, they need a better centre back to really challenge properly, although City look way ahead.

Bailly has looked OK again but is so injury prone.
  • felt sorry for Van De Beek. His face as he saw Fernandes on the side line ready to come on. He looked like he was about to cry. 

Bad move for him so far footballing terms. Thought he was really good for Ajax. 

I was saying to someone last week that United aren't too far off fielding a decent 11. Agree with you that they need Haaland. Not sure if Grealish would fit in, but Declan Rice would. A tall, athletic centre half dangerous at set pieces would be the last part of the jigsaw, plus Wan Bissaka continuing to improve his attacking game.

Henderson, Wan Bisakka, Maguire new CB Shaw, Mctominay Rice, Greenwood Fernandes Rashford, Haaland. I am hearing some very positive things about this young left winger recently signed from Atalanta - Diallo.

They need to ship out De Gea, Martial and Pogba.
  • Decided to miss United v West ham: sounds like a good decision.

Swansea v Man city I will watch.

Gareth Southgate's God son will be busy in the Swans goal.

Steve Cooper was the England coach when the lads won the U17 WC when Phil Foden was outstanding, and Brewster was the golden boot winner and scored Hat tricks in Quarter + semi final.
  • City cruising at 3-0 up, and able to bring on kids like Tommy Doyle and er Riyad Mahrez.
  • Quite an implosion from Spurs this. From 0-1 to 3-1 within about 8 minutes.
  • Where's @oohaahmortimer. Year ends in one. My arse!
  • 3-2 HT and Charity from defenders: decent cup tie with goals. Typical Lloris performance, good save followed by a weak attempt to stop a goal. Olsen looks a decent keeper.
    More goals to come 2nd half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Awful defending from Brighton to concede a goal in ‘Bauer time’
    I've learnt a valuable lesson tonight.  Sorry guys.
  • Proper cup tie.
    3-3 and the year still ends in a one.
    Pardon ? 

Their names on the cup , soon you people will see this ... 
  • Concentrate on the league cup
    Pardon ? 

Their names on the cup , soon you people will see this ... 
    They could change their name to Made in England and it still wouldn't be on the cup
  • And BBC chose the Man U v West Ham snoozefest over this.
  • edited February 2021

I saw Sheff Utd will come good. Beat Brighton tonight.

Edit: Duh! I meant Bristol City. Brighton also lost, but somewhere else.

Remember, Sheff Utd will come good. Everybody knows that on CL. :wink:

• Sheff U beat Bristol C 1-0.
    Leicester beat Brighton 1-0.

Spurs now 4-4.
  • Harry Kane 4-4 
    It is defo still 2021