Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Coincidences

Comments

• Since Lennie Lawrence left, hasn’t every time we’ve been promoted been when we’ve had an ex-player as manager ?
  • Since Lennie Lawrence left, hasn’t every time we’ve been promoted been when we’ve had an ex-player as manager ?
    And before Lennie............... Mike Bailey 
  • So, I usually take out the family for Christmas Day lunch. The pub we go to is in Kent so Tier 3. I took the decision to cancel the booking and opt for their cook at home option instead. This was a few days ago. Tonight, I get the result of my Covid test which was asymptomatic positive and we won’t now be able to go in any case. Premonition or what 
  • Sponsored links:

• The same number of people were at Charlton’s game as there were at other games...
  • Chizz said:
    Look carefully...

Cue a newsagent complaining on Twitter that some bloke in a Charlton shirt came into the shop today, refolded all the newspapers, took a picture and left...?
  • Yesterday after JFC scored I said we could get two goals in a couple of minutes as Wimbledon had done, lo and behold Williams then scored.
    Spooky or what?
  • Whenever Charlton score 5 goals in a game, they usually win it...personally, I think that is just a coincidence 
  • Whenever Charlton score 5 goals in a game, they usually win it...personally, I think that is just a coincidence 
    Except Bristol Rovers away.
  • That's a coincidence as we play Rovers tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Had my Corona jab on Friday, got a text from Bill Gates yesterday asking if I was OK.

Coincidence or what?
  • Had my Corona jab on Friday, got a text from Bill Gates yesterday asking if I was OK.

Coincidence or what?
    "I'm fine thanks Bill, and whilst were here, I'll have 4 Xboxs and the full Office 365 suite please"
  • I once had a dream that i was eating a fucking great marshmellow. Woke up and one of my pillows was missing!

Tommy Cooper - London Palladium (c) 1975
    Hilarious anyway
  • Many years ago I was on my way home from a game at the Valley and was dropping in to my mum and dads house on my way, they lived just outside Stockport.

I was on the M25 when I noticed I had been behind the same car for a while. When we got to the M1 junction he went north and I followed and as he drove at a speed I normally drove at and and we had similar motorway driving styles I was happy enough to stay behind him. At J19 he took the M6 and I duly followed and I was now more than curious as to where he was heading and this curiosity increased when he indicated to come off for the M56 towards Manchester as did I. He then came off the motorway at my junction and headed towards Bramhall where my parents lived and by now I am sticking to him like glue to see where he ended up!

As we neared my parents area I was getting close to where I would turn off and was laughing to myself at how far we had followed each other when his indicator went on to turn right, I was gobsmacked! We went down a couple of residential roads and then to my utter shock he turned in to my parents road - a cul de sac. At this point I actually hesitated before following him.

As I turned in he slammed his brakes on, jumped out of his car, ran to my door and screamed 'ok, lets just have it out now, at what effing point did I piss you off?' 

Turned out he lived four doors from my parents and was on his way back from working in Kent somewhere. He had clocked me in his mirror and was doing exactly the same, keeping a steady speed and as we got further in to the journey he was also curious as to how far I would follow. He only got concerned when I followed him in to Bramhall and when I followed him in to the cul de sac he was convinced I was some nutter on his case!  
    You really should take a break on a journey that long! 😉
  • I once had a dream that i was eating a fucking great marshmellow. Woke up and one of my pillows was missing!

Tommy Cooper - London Palladium (c) 1975
    Hilarious anyway

Absolutely!
  • Many years ago I was on my way home from a game at the Valley and was dropping in to my mum and dads house on my way, they lived just outside Stockport.

I was on the M25 when I noticed I had been behind the same car for a while. When we got to the M1 junction he went north and I followed and as he drove at a speed I normally drove at and and we had similar motorway driving styles I was happy enough to stay behind him. At J19 he took the M6 and I duly followed and I was now more than curious as to where he was heading and this curiosity increased when he indicated to come off for the M56 towards Manchester as did I. He then came off the motorway at my junction and headed towards Bramhall where my parents lived and by now I am sticking to him like glue to see where he ended up!

As we neared my parents area I was getting close to where I would turn off and was laughing to myself at how far we had followed each other when his indicator went on to turn right, I was gobsmacked! We went down a couple of residential roads and then to my utter shock he turned in to my parents road - a cul de sac. At this point I actually hesitated before following him.

As I turned in he slammed his brakes on, jumped out of his car, ran to my door and screamed 'ok, lets just have it out now, at what effing point did I piss you off?' 

Turned out he lived four doors from my parents and was on his way back from working in Kent somewhere. He had clocked me in his mirror and was doing exactly the same, keeping a steady speed and as we got further in to the journey he was also curious as to how far I would follow. He only got concerned when I followed him in to Bramhall and when I followed him in to the cul de sac he was convinced I was some nutter on his case!  
    You really should take a break on a journey that long! 😉
    He couldn't, he was chasing someone.
  • Many years ago my wife and I traveled in a mini bus from Bangkok in Thailand, north to Chang Mia and Chang Rai.
    We shared the 5 day journey with Margret a very eccentric Australian lady from Melbourne. 
    Some years later we were in Vancouver airport waiting for a flight back to the U.K. when I spotted Margret waiting for a flight back to Australia. 
    She had apparently been touring Alaska in a motorhome.  
    Wow.
  • TelMc32 said:
    Many years ago I was on my way home from a game at the Valley and was dropping in to my mum and dads house on my way, they lived just outside Stockport.

This is brilliant @stockportaddick

A few years ago, @guinnessaddick was driving us up to Huddersfield for our first game at the then new John Smiths stadium.  It was in the days before sat nav and we didn't have a map of Huddersfield, but we came up behind a car packed with four lads all wearing shirts and with Huddersfield scarves along the back window.  What a stroke of luck!

So we followed them all over the place, up into the hills and around all these streets as we assumed they were looking for somewhere to park.  Then they pulled in to a little street and all got out and went into a house...weren't heading to the ground at all the little feckers!!!!  🤣🤣
    A better reception than we got in Barnsley, when asking for directions to the ground.
  • TelMc32 said:
    Many years ago I was on my way home from a game at the Valley and was dropping in to my mum and dads house on my way, they lived just outside Stockport.

This is brilliant @stockportaddick

A few years ago, @guinnessaddick was driving us up to Huddersfield for our first game at the then new John Smiths stadium.  It was in the days before sat nav and we didn't have a map of Huddersfield, but we came up behind a car packed with four lads all wearing shirts and with Huddersfield scarves along the back window.  What a stroke of luck!

So we followed them all over the place, up into the hills and around all these streets as we assumed they were looking for somewhere to park.  Then they pulled in to a little street and all got out and went into a house...weren't heading to the ground at all the little feckers!!!!  🤣🤣
    A better reception than we got in Barnsley, when asking for directions to the ground.
    Tell us more?