Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Omar Bogle - gone to Newport (p31)

According to Sky.

Welcome Omar. 

Comments

• Decent signing all things considered 
  • edited October 2020
    If we have that much faith in him, why is it a 1-year deal? He's 27.

We just gave a 31 year old a 2-year deal with an extra 1-year option. Strange. 
  • “Bogle primarily plays as a central striker. According to his Solihull Moors team-mate 
    Darren Byfield, speaking in 2014, "he can dribble, hold the ball up, scores headers, scores with his right foot, scores with his left foot. He's got it all."[82]
  • Chunes said:

I don't reckon they have that much faith in Bogle, he's only ever scored goals in the the lower leagues. Could be a handful but I think the loan signing striker is going to have to be our top scorer if we're serious about promotion. Solid signing though, can't see much better out there who we could have signed. 
  • Good signing, Bobby Zamora type player. Can score goals at lower level and a good hold up player and, like Zamora, may have his best years near the end of his career.
  • Good signing, Bobby Zamora type player. Can score goals at lower level and a good hold up player and, like Zamora, may have his best years near the end of his career.
    He's only just turned 27!
  • Bogle offers what’s needed in League One. Not without ball skills and dead ball ability but mainly he’s going to get in and amongst some ape like defences and not be bullied. Good signing in my opinion.
  • edited October 2020
    Lost his way a bit in recent years. Think Bowyer will be able to get the best out of him.

Scored 19 in 27 for Grimsby in League 2 16-17.

Since then he’s scored 8 goals in 36 Championship appearances, 5 in 21 League One appearances.

If he plays regularly, he should be able to notch 10-15 goals this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:

Maybe he would only sign for a year? See what happens with the wage cap etc
    He's only just turned 27!
    Well, exactly, think he’s got his best year ahead of him still.
  • Enoch Showumni more like
  • edited October 2020
    Glad we've signed a striker but think we'll need a lot more than Bogle to get us out of this league. He's no Grant or Taylor. Not even sure he's an upgrade on Bonne tbh.
    Not sure an “upgrade” on Bonne is what we could get, nor what we need at this point in the window.

If you offered me Bonne or Bogle + 2m to spend on the squad, I’d choose the latter.
  • Amazing 
    Not confirmed on twitter,facegram,instabook my place,grinder,teams ......
    Anywhere.

That blew up spectacularly!
  • Welcome Omar!!

Lets hope he can score more than Parker and Hemed....
  • Glad we've signed a striker but think we'll need a lot more than Bogle to get us out of this league. He's no Grant or Taylor. Not even sure he's an upgrade on Bonne tbh.
    Not sure an “upgrade” on Bonne is what we could get, nor what we need at this point in the window.

If you offered me Bonne or Bogle + 2m to spend on the squad, I’d choose the latter.
    I would rather they spent that £2m on a decent striker
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    Why has Bowyer signed him?

Wiki says: "Bogle is a former England C international. He is known for his diversity in physical style of play, strength and holding the ball to bringing others into play".

That's why Bowyer has signed him.  

Nothing wrong with his Youth team training, decent enough:

"At the age of 14, Bogle started his career with 
    West Bromwich Albion's youth system before spending another two years at Birmingham City's academy, where he appeared for their reserve team. He then spent one year at Celtic's academy."

And we all remember him being prolific at Grimsby Town, a few years ago in their successful period regaining League status.

He's 27. If he's good enough and determined he'll keep his place in the team. Otherwise he's a squad player and back up. It's up to him really.
    I still believe we'll also bring in a nippy young Prem League loan as another striker.

• Glad we've signed a striker but think we'll need a lot more than Bogle to get us out of this league. He's no Grant or Taylor. Not even sure he's an upgrade on Bonne tbh.

I would rather they spent that £2m on a decent striker
    Maybe we still will.
  • edited October 2020
    Looks a unit. Not sure he’s a Taylor/ Bonne replacement. Feels like we still need a nippy forward
    But once again; total faith in LB and SG
  • Maybe they knew they needed a striker in before the weekend to manage Charlton Life expections?
  • It might be one year as he didn't want to commit for longer for what we could offer him but wanted to sign for Bows.  He may be hoping we want to keep him and next year we can offer him more. 
  • Not on OS yet