Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2 strikers in 2 weeks - any suggestions - serious ones please ...

Comments

• Options
    I honestly think that come monday either we will just pay what Midjtylland want or we will compromise with them 
  • Options
    I honestly think that come monday either we will just pay what Midjtylland want or we will compromise with them 
    It’s not the club who are the issue I believe...
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    It’s not the club who are the issue I believe...
    Oh sorry I must have miss read

I thought a deal with Schwartz was agreed but the issue was with Midtylland and they changed the payment plan
  • Options
    No job or 100k.

Tough decision 
    There will be a lot of 1 year contracts I think. Players won’t want to commit if they have to take low wages.

im pretty sure that players will take legal action and this will be a one season thing
  • Options
    Personally wouldn’t touch Grigg with a barge pole. Probably a high wage and not dynamic enough.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Islam Slimani is out of contract with Leicester next year. Was out on loan to Monaco but they were not interested in making it permanent. Out of our reach probably, but would be a great loan.
    West Brom wanted him the other day
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    My Coventry City supporting mate at work reckons we should have a go for Maxime Biamou. He is now down the pecking order at City, apparently he's also a decent geezer and does lots for local charities. They bought him from Sutton 3 years ago, he has just turned 28 and could go for as little as £300k. I've watched his goals on YouTube, link below, he might be worth a punt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R5UChuA3XI 
    Do NOT buy a used car from this guy.
    Anyone wanna buy a car... proper name is 'Honest John'!!! Lol
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Islam Slimani is out of contract with Leicester next year. Was out on loan to Monaco but they were not interested in making it permanent. Out of our reach probably, but would be a great loan.
    West Brom wanted him the other day
    Well he’s crap anyway. 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think that Bowyer and Gallen were absolutely honest in saying they had some targets lined up but once the takeover completed somewhat unexpectedly and the sale of Bonne they have found themselves with a bit more money and more potential targets than expected. 
    For argument's sake there may have been a striker ready to sign but now they are gambling they can do better - which certainly is a gamble but I think they've earned our trust, at least for now.
  • Options
    Jordy Hiwula - Recently released from Coventry. Was their top scorer a couple seasons ago, can operate on the wing or up top. Bit of Speed also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_J6dMdkXvg
  • Options
    Rudy Gestede was on £30,000 a week at Boro and refused to extend his contract after the lockdown. I don't see him deciding to take £2,000 a week down a league just for the love of the game.
  • Options
    Rudy Gestede was on £30,000 a week at Boro and refused to extend his contract after the lockdown. I don't see him deciding to take £2,000 a week down a league just for the love of the game.
    Yeah some of the suggestions are simply ridiculous :smiley:  
  • Options
    Will Keane ex Man Utd
    Gary Hooper ex Massives
    Cameron Jerome ex Birmingham

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Will Keane ex Man Utd - Not a bad shout if he's over his injuries
    Gary Hooper ex Massives - Just signed for a club in India
    Cameron Jerome ex Birmingham - No thanks what with his links to Matt Southall, didnt he setup a business with him and an ex-Hull owner?
  • Options
    And this is the problem. A lot of  players will just sit & wait rather than taking a massive drop in wages. Might seem daft to you & me, but if you've been used to anything over £10k pw for the past 5-10 years it will be hard to take £3k now. Some will just think that a better offer will come along at some point, especially if they are free agents. They might be happy having nothing for 3 months & then taking £10k pw rather than taking £3k now. The £7k pw difference over a 2 year contract is almost £750k.
  • Options
    It’s ok talking about needing two strikers in, which we do, but we also need five others to make us competitive this season. Seven signings in two weeks of sufficient quality to get us a top six spot minimum. It’s a very tough ask. Without the wage cap I’d be confident of doing so but with it I’m not too hopeful. We’ll get the bodies in but will they be good enough?
  • Options
    I like the shout of Paddy Madden, consistent player in this league and would be a handy squad player, even if we went up imo

I also like Ronan Curtis and Mo Eisa but reckon we could only get them if we went up and offered them a good wage, both would strengthen us though

Might be a case of looking at the top players in league 2 who are young and have potential or players in this league in their last year of their contracts. Gnanduillet would have been nice but that ship has sailed. If we get Schwartz I can see us just loaning a bit part championship striker and that will be that for strikers
  • Options
    I still think John Marquis would do a job and who knows Pompey might even cash in on him. He was an 86th minute sub for them on Saturday and after Harness scored a hat trick for them is probably behind both Harness and Curtis in the pecking order.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No idea how realistic is but I like the idea of Gestede. Always been a bloody pain whenever I’ve seen him play against us. 
  • Options
    No idea how realistic is but I like the idea of Gestede. Always been a bloody pain whenever I’ve seen him play against us. 
    We had him on trial before Cardiff signed him if I remember correctly 
  • Options
    Ross McCormack will come good
  • Options
    I still think John Marquis would do a job and who knows Pompey might even cash in on him. He was an 86th minute sub for them on Saturday and after Harness scored a hat trick for them is probably behind both Harness and Curtis in the pecking order.
    I don't know if things have changed but from what I saw last season Jackett was playing him behind the striker or as a play maker almost, pretty ridiculous when you consider how good he was in our promotion season as a 9, the whole game at the valley I was worried about him. If we could get that version of Marquis he would be a welcome addition
  • Options
    And this is the problem. A lot of  players will just sit & wait rather than taking a massive drop in wages. Might seem daft to you & me, but if you've been used to anything over £10k pw for the past 5-10 years it will be hard to take £3k now. Some will just think that a better offer will come along at some point, especially if they are free agents. They might be happy having nothing for 3 months & then taking £10k pw rather than taking £3k now. The £7k pw difference over a 2 year contract is almost £750k.
    To be fair, if I had probably one last contract in me in my industry I don't think I'd be looking to be paid a 15th of what I'd previously been on either. It's not like he's a young player who can leverage a good season with us into another good contract elsewhere, he's 31. He's scored 14 goals in the past 5 seasons and he's not going to get what he was on before, but he'll be looking to get a decent enough salary for 2 or 3 years secured somewhere and then finish up. I'm sure if a Championship team get desperate enough in the next couple of months he could get at least £10k to hang around there
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Another suggestion for me is the wonderfully named Admiral Muskwe. Having watched a bit of reserve team football due my degenerative gambling habits the few times I've seem this lad he stood out as pacey,  powerfull, type forward who seems the sort of player we need at the moment.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Another suggestion for me is the wonderfully named Admiral Muskwe. Having watched a big reserve team football due my degenerative gambling habits the few times I've seem this lad he stood out as strong powerfully type forward who seems the sort of player we need at the moment.
    https://youtu.be/YYOUDQY_gEg

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Will probably get pelters for this but i would take back Joe Piggott.
    If Pigott is the answer, you must be answering a different question :wink:
  • Options
    Sorry to be a killjoy, I know it’s fun coming up with names, but isn’t this exactly the reason we employ someone like Steve Gallen?

He’ll know when players contracts are due to end, what sort of wages they are on, and who exactly wants to come on ‘this journey’ that Lee keeps talking about, I’m going to chill out and leave it to the experts, not good for my anxiety levels!