Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2 strikers in 2 weeks - any suggestions - serious ones please ...

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    why are people panicking when the window is open for another 10 days

Now that premiership teams have their squads sorted, there will now be movement in the market with players being allowed to move on loan, squad players being allowed to move to the championship which in turn makes some of their players available.

chill people!
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Now that premiership teams have their squads sorted, there will now be movement in the market with players being allowed to move on loan, squad players being allowed to move to the championship which in turn makes some of their players available.

chill people!
    This is of course true. What is also true is that Fishermen with better rods will be fishing in that pool too. We shall see. Gallen has proven himself since he has been here and if anybody can do it he can. I just don't want to see Bowyer moaning how difficult it was with the salary cap at the end of it, when he clearly sanctioned the selling of Bonne. I know some people thought Bonne was crap, but the stats prove them wrong. 

I am now sitting back and looking for the business that will make promotion very possible. And when that happens I will applaud them. I don't know the plan, and I am questioning it without knowing it. We shall see when the window closes.
  • Options
    That Grant bloke can’t seem to get a game at Huddersfield at the moment ...
    Would love him back but the abuse he got in the last home game against Huddersfield which In my opinion I thought was disgraceful, we are the last club he will want to move to
  • Options
    Too get promoted we need a talismanic striker, like Yann and Taylor. We don't have that at present. Thought Schwartz might fill that void but that's not happening 
  • Options
    A striker that scores double figures in goals will do. 
  • Options

chill people!
    It won't be that easy, as the sorts of players we might have targeted, the equivalent of Taylor in 2018 have been signed up with new clubs already
  • Options
    Chaps and Ladies, please read the thread heading and stick to the subject heading and leave the boring ‘were doomed’ ‘we need a striker’ postings somewhere else.
    The transfer thread looks the best place.
  • Options
    I'd try to prise Eoin Doyle from Bolton. He is one of the few lower league strikers who really does know where the goal is.
  • Options
    I'd try to prise Eoin Doyle from Bolton. He is one of the few lower league strikers who really does know where the goal is.
    I don’t think he will move this far South.
  • Options
    Random thought, Duncan Watmore ex Sunderland. Not really a striker i suppose but always thought he looked good. Had a couple of injuries but maybe worth a punt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is very injury prone and had some nasty ones too. We shouldn't be going for players who have play 71 times in 7 seasons really, should we?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Redrobo said:
    I don’t think he will move this far South.
    I said I'd try, not that I would succeed. he hasn't been with Bolton long either! he is just a lower league striker who I think could do a job for us.
  • Options
    I would like Largie Ramazini as a right sided forward. I wonder if Man Utd would lend him back to us.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Redrobo said:
    I would like Largie Ramazini as a right sided forward. I wonder if Man Utd would lend him back to us.
    I think he got released from Utd

edit - he did, now signed for Almeira
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Redrobo said:
    I think he got released from Utd

edit - he did, now signed for Almeira
    Bugger. A pity they nicked him from us in the first place!
  • Options
    Sure Lee Bowyer has got aplayer or two lined up thats his job,and we will find out when the said player puts his name on the contract.

As for everyone giving names of players of who we should sign,that how we got into this mess with Roland and Katrien in the first place.
  • Options
    Sure Lee Bowyer has got aplayer or two lined up thats his job,and we will find out when the said player puts his name on the contract.

As for everyone giving names of players of who we should sign,that how we got into this mess with Roland and Katrien in the first place.
    Excuse me, Roland did not sign any players that I suggested. Nor I suspect will Bows.

I am sure he has a few that he is interested in and is doing his best to get them in quickly, but that has bugger all to do with us having a bit of fun thinking of players we may sign.
  • Options
    Brandon Pierrick anyone? Palace under 23. Needs a loan IMO
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Brandon Pierrick anyone? Palace under 23. Needs a loan IMO
    Sullay Kaikai... Tom Soares... Danny Butterfield...

Nah you're alright!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jason Cummings. Better than most, if not all, of the available freebies. Poor scoring record in England, so probably not any huge transfer fee. Speed, skill and goalscoring potential. Looked very good for Shrewsbury against Liverpool last season. Got two goals in a 2-2 draw. His numbers back in Scotland were excellent. Could rediscover scoring consistency with a fresh start, maybe...
  • Options
    Jason Cummings. Better than most, if not all, of the available freebies. Poor scoring record in England, so probably not any huge transfer fee. Speed, skill and goalscoring potential. Looked very good for Shrewsbury against Liverpool last season. Got two goals in a 2-2 draw. His numbers back in Scotland were excellent. Could rediscover scoring consistency with a fresh start, maybe...
    He's still with Shrewsbury isnt he? - Not a bad shout though
  • Options
    Will Grigg, not starting every game for Sunderland at the moment and still only 29.
  • Options
    People in League One clubs would not want to change their current 5k+ contracts (if not renewed since last year) for a 2k one. 

Players like Grigg will sit on a bench for a year and earn over 3 or 4 times the amount he will get here. 
  • Options
    He's still with Shrewsbury isnt he? - Not a bad shout though
    Yes, he is. Scored against Bolton just now.
  • Options
    People in League One clubs would not want to change their current 5k+ contracts (if not renewed since last year) for a 2k one. 

Players like Grigg will sit on a bench for a year and earn over 3 or 4 times the amount he will get here. 
    Fortunately, as has been said about 500 times we don't just have to offer them 2k
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Will Grigg, not starting every game for Sunderland at the moment and still only 29.
    He was 26 when he last played for Sunderland.

Ps I am joking before the stats people get on my case.
  • Options

Fortunately, as has been said about 500 times we don't just have to offer them 2k
    Its like people bang away typing and don't read any responses. 
    Its really getting quite tiresome how many bloody times it has to be explained.

• Options
    Niall Ennis, Wolverhampton. Good player for Doncaster on loan. Believe they would have preferred to have him back, rather than John-Jules, but timing wasnt right for Wolves. Now they seem to be ready to send him out.
  • Options
    Niall Ennis, Wolverhampton. Good player for Doncaster on loan. Believe they would have preferred to have him back, rather than John-Jules, but timing wasnt right for Wolves. Now they seem to be ready to send him out.
    3 long term injuries in the last few seasons, sounds about right for us.