Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2 strikers in 2 weeks - any suggestions - serious ones please ...

Comments

• Options
    Get Ched Evans in. 
  • Options
    Cool, didn't know you worked at Belmarsh 
  • Options
    Kayland Hinds.  15 league games.  0 goals.  Question marks over reputation and character.  One to have taken a look at and bomb out when he was taking the piss in trial by not turning up by the sounds of it.
  • Options
    The young lad scoring goals for fun at Fleetwood......Saunders ?. Surely the bright lights of London are more enticing than the Fylde coast.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Charlie Kelman at Southend? 
    Rated by Powell.
    Looks a real prospect and would make for a great ‘project’ signing in League 1, to develop as we hopefully climb the leagues. 

• Options
    The young lad scoring goals for fun at Fleetwood......Saunders ?. Surely the bright lights of London are more enticing than the Fylde coast.

But the bright lights of Blackpool are just down the road.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    CAFCDAZ said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Few players that are currently on frees

Nigel hasslebaink
    Collins Quaners
    Anthony Stokes
    Kaylen hinds
    Imoh Ezekiel 
    Cameron jerome
    Omar bogle
    Rudy gestede
    Callum mcmanaman
    Yannick Sagbo
    Will keane
    Yaya sanogo

Just a few examples of free transfer potentials. From those stokes, gestede, mcmanaman 
    From this list I know we have had one on trial for 2 weeks, in that period he never showed up for 3/4 days. Seems his reputation is on merit
    Can you say who it was?
    Kaylen hinds
    Wiki:
    "On 6 September 2018, Wolfsburg terminated Hinds's contract after an unauthorised week-long absence, with club managing director Jörg Schmadtke stating that "he has not fulfilled his contractual obligations despite repeated requests. We do not tolerate such behaviour."

Dodged a bullet there, perhaps?

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Rated by Powell.
    Looks a real prospect and would make for a great ‘project’ signing in League 1, to develop as we hopefully climb the leagues. 

Think Southend have recently turned down offers from Spurs.
  • Options
    I cant imagine they were great offers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    Rated by Powell.

Good shout but would think he'll have offers at higher levels than us. 
  • Options
    I thought Wilshere and Gestede were thrown in for comedic effect ?

Gestede will go and get a deal in Europe somewhere and Wilshere name was only suggested because the couch Lewis Page used in the Medical room became available.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Valley11 said:
    Rated by Powell.

MarcusH26 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Rated by Powell.

But would he actually play higher up and could the ‘Bowyer effect’ help swing a deal? 
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    Get Ched Evans in. 
    Any reason why you’ve felt the need to post this on two different threads in past 24 hours?
  • Options
    Niklas Bendtner is available ;-)
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    Get Ched Evans in. 
    Any reason why you’ve felt the need to post this on two different threads in past 24 hours?
    Because I realised I posted it on the wrong one originally. 

Good striker at this level.  
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    Get Ched Evans in. 
    If that’s an attempt at humour go read the facts then give your head a wobble 

The fact he was found not guilty?

anyway don’t respond, don’t want this thread to be about his past.  Good player and I would have it him at Charlton that’s it. 
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    Nicholas said:
    Get Ched Evans in. 
    If that’s an attempt at humour go read the facts then give your head a wobble 

The fact he was found not guilty?

anyway don’t respond, don’t want this thread to be about his past.  Good player and I would have it him at Charlton that’s it. 
    You have a very low moral compass then.
  • Options
    Our manager has one hell of a history. We must all have one hell of a low moral compass then. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Nicholas said:
    Our manager has one hell of a history. We must all have one hell of a low moral compass then. 
    Whilst Bowyer's behaviour was wholly unacceptable, Rape is another level of crime to commit. He ended up slut shaming his victim in court in order to get his conviction overturned.

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Rated by Powell.

Not in the team today
  • Options
    Conor McAleny was skilful but light weight when he had his loan at Cafc; he is much improved and scores goals in the lower divisions.

Joe Pigott could hold the ball up well but was light weight the first time around.
    Joe  has improved so much and has scored many goals in League 1 and 2 plus assists.

We couldn't guarantee either 1st team football with Bogle and Washington but we need 4 strikers.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Getting a few early goals for their club gets a striker up and running. The best strikers for me, don't overthink things and expect to score. When you overthink things, you tend to score the hard chances if any and miss the easier ones like one on ones.

The service a striker gets is important and a striker scoring regularly for a struggling club deserves attention. When Darren Bent played for us, we played to his strengths and he scored goals. He had a game to test international defences, playing off the shoulder and using his pace.

But when he was picked for England he was asked to play a game not suited to him and established stars like Gerrard chose not to use his attributes for whatever reason. Maybe because he was not one of the established players. 
  • Options
    I know that he didn't have a great time on loan with us but would Conor McAleny be an option? He's already scored 7 for Oldham this season and when he played for Oxford in this division he scored 10 in 14 starts including the winner against us at the Valley. He's only on a 12 month contract so wouldn't cost much either. 
    Make that 8 this season as he ended up with 2 goals today. He's actually scored 7 in his last 4 games!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Conor McAleny was skilful but light weight when he had his loan at Cafc; he is much improved and scores goals in the lower divisions.

Joe Pigott could hold the ball up well but was light weight the first time around.
    Joe  has improved so much and has scored many goals in League 1 and 2 plus assists.

We couldn't guarantee either 1st team football with Bogle and Washington but we need 4 strikers.
    I met his brother down in Cardiff on the day he made his debut for us. He'd come down from Liverpool to support his little bro. ((:>)
    His opinion was (I paraphrase of course) 'he's decent now but wait until he puts on a few pounds and gets toughened up' .. it's taken a while and he's moved around a lot in the lower leagues, and he is now a very decent all round footballer at age 28

EDIT I now see that Cardiff wasn't his debut, I was convinced that it was .. It was certainly the game where A_Grant scored his 1st for us
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Rated by Powell.

MarcusH26 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Rated by Powell.

But would he actually play higher up and could the ‘Bowyer effect’ help swing a deal? 
    Still scratching my head at this mystical "Bowyer effect". Bowyer himself said that "we bring players in and improve them". Really  ?  Pray tell me who LB has signed that has improved, both as a player & also in turn improved the team ?  About the only one I can think of is Aribo - but then I'm not sure if anyone "improved" him or whether having a run in the team (like almost all of the 2018/19 season) helped his confidence & natural ability.

As for Bonne (as I'm sure people will jump on this & say we bought him for £200k & sold him for £2m so he must have improved as a player) the price increase was mainly down to signing a non league player & selling him onto a Championship team. Just natural progression. LB himself regularly criticised Bonne for missing chances - hardly a ringing endorsement for his "improvement"

Again Gallagher. We gave him a chance (ie, took the punt of taking him on loan) and a run of games in one of the best & most competitive leagues in the world made him shine. Most of that I would say was down to his natural talent. I know Gallagher said in his early interviews that he was learning from LB (getting into the box quicker) but I don't think you can say that we "improved" him. 

I take "improvement" to mean that you have an average player that you sign from an average team (say Purrington) and a year later he is bombing down the line,  beating a man & slinging in cross after cross. Obviously an "improvement" to the player you signed. Or JFC takes on free-kick duties & starts scoring direct from them time after time. Shows that time on the training field has worked.

I know I'll get slated for all this but I'm still waiting to see these "improved" players making a difference to the team. There has to be a big turn around - starting with winning games from a losing position & scoring more than just once or twice per game.
    Is golfie a nigel, fuck me I cant think of many positive posts from you on this whole forum.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Rated by Powell.

MarcusH26 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Rated by Powell.

Still scratching my head at this mystical "Bowyer effect". Bowyer himself said that "we bring players in and improve them". Really  ?  Pray tell me who LB has signed that has improved, both as a player & also in turn improved the team ?  About the only one I can think of is Aribo - but then I'm not sure if anyone "improved" him or whether having a run in the team (like almost all of the 2018/19 season) helped his confidence & natural ability.

As for Bonne (as I'm sure people will jump on this & say we bought him for £200k & sold him for £2m so he must have improved as a player) the price increase was mainly down to signing a non league player & selling him onto a Championship team. Just natural progression. LB himself regularly criticised Bonne for missing chances - hardly a ringing endorsement for his "improvement"

Again Gallagher. We gave him a chance (ie, took the punt of taking him on loan) and a run of games in one of the best & most competitive leagues in the world made him shine. Most of that I would say was down to his natural talent. I know Gallagher said in his early interviews that he was learning from LB (getting into the box quicker) but I don't think you can say that we "improved" him. 

I take "improvement" to mean that you have an average player that you sign from an average team (say Purrington) and a year later he is bombing down the line,  beating a man & slinging in cross after cross. Obviously an "improvement" to the player you signed. Or JFC takes on free-kick duties & starts scoring direct from them time after time. Shows that time on the training field has worked.

I know I'll get slated for all this but I'm still waiting to see these "improved" players making a difference to the team. There has to be a big turn around - starting with winning games from a losing position & scoring more than just once or twice per game.
    Jesus! I don't think I've ever seen a more negative person I my life. Why not try and be a bit positive, it might change your life ;)