Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2 strikers in 2 weeks - any suggestions - serious ones please ...

Comments

• Options
    Itll be a game of poker.
    These other clubs know we have £1.6 million for bonne and we are 2 strikers short.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Itll be a game of poker.
    These other clubs know we have £1.6 million for bonne and we are 2 strikers short.
    I don't see fees being an issue at all, it's the wage cap that is going to screw us.
  • Options
    Whats Andy Delort up to

Or Yaya Sanogo
  • Options
    sod it I would even take Obika right now
  • Options
    Sanogo is a free agent I believe.
  • Options
    Paddy Madden .. I have been advocating him for 6 years .. and NO, I am not his cousin, brother, father or agent
    But, given your monicker, you could be his sister and his mother.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Good clips @Redmidland definitely has good tekkers. 
    I'd think he'd be worth a cheap contract... Which is about all we can offer. 
  • Options
    Paddy Madden .. I have been advocating him for 6 years .. and NO, I am not his cousin, brother, father or agent
    You haven't met Lincs have you 😁.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Is the bear catholic?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Is the bear catholic?
    Never heard the Pope called that before 😲.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I saw the title of this thread and thought of two lower league strikers who I think can score goals. Different types of player, but Tyler Walker and Eoin Doyle. I checked them out and Walker is now with Coventry and Doyle joined Bolton in September last year.

Neither will be available, but I was thinking of the punt signing rather than the sure fire one if we are bringing two in. Which is absolutely what we have to do.

I don't think anybody is jumping out and I can only see us getting the quality we need from Premier loans!
  • Options
    Sanogo is a free agent I believe.
    Been released by Toulouse.
    Surprised to see he's only 27.
    Didn't he score a hattrick for us and got sent off, was it for head butting?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Gonn throw a random name out there.

Connor Chaplin

Started the first few league games but was only on the bench on Saturday and Barnsley have just signed a striker a young striker from Celtic

So with Woodrow, the new young striker from Celtic and Schmidt, maybe they would be willing to let Chaplin go

Edit:scrap that just seen Barnsley are loaning the new striker straight out to league 2 lol 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I don’t want to come across as a bit of a killjoy but most of the suggestions banded about here are borderline lunacy. A lot of you lot need a real reality check of where we are as a football club. 

We should be thanking our lucky stars we can get Chris Gunter through the door. Talks of Jack Marriott, John Marquis, Sanogo, Slimani and Rudy Gestede are about as realistic as Jack Wilshere. Paddy Madden may be the single realistic shout and even then he’s no better than Bonne. 

I’m happy with the money we got for Bonne but I’ve always been against selling because we won’t be able to get any better. The best we can hope for is an U21 loan or unearthing another lower league gem - I can’t see either of those firing us to promotion. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I was hoping we sold Bonne because we have a replacement lined up. I was expecting Schwartz coming in. If we sold Bonne because Bowyer was pissed off with him, that is ridiculous. I was pissed off with him starting Vennings (good player that I am sure he will become). I watched the Brighton game and Morgan looked so much better than anybody else we had on the pitch, why not let him build on that and start him? 

I would have had Williams starting instead of Vennings. If the reason is two short players, I don't think Vennings is a header winning player. I don't want it to sound like I am dismissing Vennings, he could turn out to be a useful player, but starting him on Saturday was a major error. 

Anyway, we are going to do nothing unless we trouble opponents more and signings have to be made. And the players that can make things happen have to start games. I would say when fit, Gilbey, Williams, Maddison and Aneke are four of those from what we currently have. 

Doughty is a wing back for me too and then we can add him to the four above.
  • Options
    We need to look at the signings that other league one clubs are making and assuming that's the level we are going to be able to get in. 

Financially we can't offer a better deal because of the wage cap so we aren't going to get in better quality players. We just have to punt on a few journeymen league one players or top end league two. The money in the Championship is far too high to be signing Championship squad players on 2k a week. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Is the bear catholic?
    But does the Pope shit in the woods?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Is the bear catholic?
    But does the Pope shit in the woods?
    Only when he's caught short.
  • Options
    Mo Eisa please
  • Options
    Mo Eisa please
    Good player and would be a great addition but Peterborough would want in excess of the Bonne fee and have no impetus to sell. Can't see any chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mo Eisa please
    Not in a million years unfortunately 
  • Options
    Bonne on loan?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Gonn throw a random name out there.

Connor Chaplin

Started the first few league games but was only on the bench on Saturday and Barnsley have just signed a striker a young striker from Celtic

So with Woodrow, the new young striker from Celtic and Schmidt, maybe they would be willing to let Chaplin go

Edit:scrap that just seen Barnsley are loaning the new striker straight out to league 2 lol 
    I'm going with the Barnsley man that they want to loan out & the lad just recalled by Millwall. 

That's about our level atm. 
  • Options
    That Grant bloke can’t seem to get a game at Huddersfield at the moment ...
  • Options
    This is starting to bring back memories of the second Parky L1 season where we had Mooney and Akpo Sodje up front...
  • Options
    We shouldn't have let Bonne leave without a replacement lined up ready to sign. We'll never learn 
    This, absolutely.  Very weird decision that looks at the moment.
  • Options
    Relax. We have ages
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Relax. We have ages
    Famous last words.

I'll remind you of this when by next Friday we are rummaging around in the basket bins of the National League.
  • Options
    Nile Ranger?