Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2 strikers in 2 weeks - any suggestions - serious ones please ...

Comments

• Options
    now a long way from discussing 2 potential strikers ..
    Fortunately we only need one then :)
    mmmmmm bit too soon to tell methinks .. Let's hope Washy n Omar have solved the problem ((:>)
  • Options
    mmmmmm bit too soon to tell methinks .. Let's hope Washy n Omar have solved the problem ((:>)
    Well we were looking for 2 and have signed 1. I'd probably bring in a winger/striker too to be honest. 
  • Options
    Well we were looking for 2 and have signed 1. I'd probably bring in a winger/striker too to be honest. 
    Madison might/or rather should be the one to fill that role
  • Options
    Ojo.

On loan at Cardiff from Liverpool. England U21.
  • Options
    Ojo.

Not sure we can go back in time and stop him joining Cardiff now unfortunately. 

He's a winger too. 
  • Options
    Ojo.

Not sure we can go back in time and stop him joining Cardiff now unfortunately. 

He's a winger too. 
    Also he has had 3 loan spells to Championship clubs and one to an SPL club before Cardiff why on earth would Liverpool have loaned him to a League one club 🤣🤣

Oh and he went on loan at the beginning of September before TS took over so we were still under the embargo
  • Options
    That Kane fella looks a prospect. Think Bowyer could develop him into a 20 goal season striker at this level.

:smile:
  • Options
    Ojo.

Ivan Toney scored this weekend too and him coming to Charlton is about as likely as Ojo.
  • Options
    Not forgetting that Bowyer’s still learning his trade too, teaching others while a novice in your own job takes some doing and that’s without the pressures off the pitch. He’s earned the right to make any mistakes. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    That Kane fella looks a prospect. Think Bowyer could develop him into a 20 goal season striker at this level.

Hasnt he just gone to Barnsley?

;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just throwing out names as was asked in the opening Post. I don't think I'm alone in saying that I don't really take notice of other clubs players, especially ones in youth teams of clubs in a higher league. I leave that up to Gallen & the scouting system.

Just saw some of the Cardiff match earlier & when he scored they said that he was
    on loan from Liverpool. Didnt know where he'd been before or when he joined them. 

• Options
    Just throwing out names as was asked in the opening Post. I don't think I'm alone in saying that I don't really take notice of other clubs players, especially ones in youth teams of clubs in a higher league. I leave that up to Gallen & the scouting system.

Just saw some of the Cardiff match earlier & when he scored they said that he was
    on loan from Liverpool. Didnt know where he'd been before or when he joined them. 

But they said he was on loan from Liverpool so I am confused as to why you then thought he would be a viable option for us after the transfer window had closed
  • Options
    Surely now we can only be suggesting players available as free agents?

Otherwise it seems a bit early to discuss prospective strikers for the January window.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Hasnt he just gone to Barnsley?

;)
    Damn, another one we missed out on!
  • Options

But they said he was on loan from Liverpool so I am confused as to why you then thought he would be a viable option for us after the transfer window had closed
    I was being facetious. We keep on being told to name players to sign, even though most of us haven't the scoobiest about who is or isn't available. I simply named someone that is now out on loan from a Premier League side that could have been on someones radar. 

Jeez this is hard work. Should I give up my career as a financial adviser & become a scout just so come January I have a couple of names to throw into the hat.
  • Options

I was being facetious. We keep on being told to name players to sign, even though most of us haven't the scoobiest about who is or isn't available. I simply named someone that is now out on loan from a Premier League side that could have been on someones radar. 

Jeez this is hard work. Should I give up my career as a financial adviser & become a scout just so come January I have a couple of names to throw into the hat.
    Well no but we know for a fact Ojo isnt available for 2 reasons 

1- the window is closed
    2- he is already on loan to a championship club

I mean both those reasons make it pretty obvious he is not available, so saying most of us haven't got a clue who is or isnt available well some of us know who isnt available at least.

Its free agents only now until January 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    The below was current as of October 17th when I posted it on the transfer rumours thread... this is a list of who’s available if we wanted to sign another striker. I personally think that we’re done until January now that Bogle and Smyth are on board.

Free agent strikers according to transfermarkt...

You might want to skip the first few on this list to get to the realistic ones!!

- Daniel Sturridge
    - Danny Welbeck
    - Alexandre Pato
    - Mario Mandzukic
    - Oumar Niasse
    - Mario Balotelli
    - Yaya Sanogo
    - Adama Diomande
    - Fernando Uribe
    - Márton Eppel
    - Ariel Nahuelpan
    - Diafra Sakho
    - Seydou Doumbia
    - Raúl Becerra
    - Ronnie Fernandez
    - Ahmed Akaichi
    - Yannick Sagbo
    - Franck Ohandza
    - Marco Ruben
    - Idrissa Sylla
    - Rudy Gestede
    - Tomer Hemed
    - Sadat Bukari
    - Modibo Maïga 
    - Nigel Hasselbaink
    - Collin Quaner
    - Jonathan Soriano
    - Victor Anichebe 
    - Francisco Margiotta
    - Djordje Jovanovic
    - Jackson Martinez
    - Juninho
    - Afonso
    - Fakhreddine Ben Youssef
    - Braian Rodríguez 
    - Dioko Kaluyituka 
    - Darren Mattocks
    - Javier Orozco
    - Nassim Ben Khalifa
    - Paulo Henrique
    - Dame N’Doye
    - Welthon
    - Diego Ftalca
    - Eduardo
    - Cristian Diaz
    - Préjuce Nakoulma
    - Jandson
    - Augustine Mulenga
    - Tozin
    - Andy Keogh

Other notable players on page 2 and beyond: Giles Barnes, Ishmael Miller, Mamadou Thiam, Anthony Stokes, Marvin Emnes, Jay Simpson
  • Options
    Wellbeck’s signed for Brighton.
  • Options
    The below was current as of October 17th when I posted it on the transfer rumours thread... this is a list of who’s available if we wanted to sign another striker. I personally think that we’re done until January now that Bogle and Smyth are on board.

You might want to skip the first few on this list to get to the realistic ones!!

- Daniel Sturridge
    - Danny Welbeck
    - Alexandre Pato
    - Mario Mandzukic
    - Oumar Niasse
    - Mario Balotelli
    - Yaya Sanogo
    - Adama Diomande
    - Fernando Uribe
    - Márton Eppel
    - Ariel Nahuelpan
    - Diafra Sakho
    - Seydou Doumbia
    - Raúl Becerra
    - Ronnie Fernandez
    - Ahmed Akaichi
    - Yannick Sagbo
    - Franck Ohandza
    - Marco Ruben
    - Idrissa Sylla
    - Rudy Gestede
    - Tomer Hemed
    - Sadat Bukari
    - Modibo Maïga 
    - Nigel Hasselbaink
    - Collin Quaner
    - Jonathan Soriano
    - Victor Anichebe 
    - Francisco Margiotta
    - Djordje Jovanovic
    - Jackson Martinez
    - Juninho
    - Afonso
    - Braian Rodríguez 
    - Dioko Kaluyituka 
    - Darren Mattocks
    - Javier Orozco
    - Nassim Ben Khalifa
    - Paulo Henrique
    - Dame N’Doye
    - Welthon
    - Diego Ftalca
    - Eduardo
    - Cristian Diaz
    - Préjuce Nakoulma
    - Jandson
    - Augustine Mulenga
    - Tozin
    - Andy Keogh

Other notable players on page 2 and beyond: Giles Barnes, Ishmael Miller, Mamadou Thiam, Anthony Stokes, Marvin Emnes, Jay Simpson
    Yaya to return?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

- Daniel Sturridge
    - Danny Welbeck
    - Alexandre Pato
    - Mario Mandzukic
    - Oumar Niasse
    - Mario Balotelli
    - Yaya Sanogo
    - Adama Diomande
    - Fernando Uribe
    - Márton Eppel
    - Ariel Nahuelpan
    - Diafra Sakho
    - Seydou Doumbia
    - Raúl Becerra
    - Ronnie Fernandez
    - Ahmed Akaichi
    - Yannick Sagbo
    - Franck Ohandza
    - Marco Ruben
    - Idrissa Sylla
    - Rudy Gestede
    - Tomer Hemed
    - Sadat Bukari
    - Modibo Maïga 
    - Nigel Hasselbaink
    - Collin Quaner
    - Jonathan Soriano
    - Victor Anichebe 
    - Francisco Margiotta
    - Djordje Jovanovic
    - Jackson Martinez
    - Juninho
    - Afonso
    - Braian Rodríguez 
    - Dioko Kaluyituka 
    - Darren Mattocks
    - Javier Orozco
    - Nassim Ben Khalifa
    - Paulo Henrique
    - Dame N’Doye
    - Welthon
    - Diego Ftalca
    - Eduardo
    - Cristian Diaz
    - Préjuce Nakoulma
    - Jandson
    - Augustine Mulenga
    - Tozin
    - Andy Keogh

Yaya to return?
    Doesn’t pass the Charlton Life “guaranteed to score 20 goals” test
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hemed is in London
  • Options
    Red Henry has alluded on another thread that we are speaking to a Striker available on a free, not concluded yet though. 
  • Options
    Colin Quaner?
  • Options

- Daniel Sturridge
    - Danny Welbeck
    - Alexandre Pato
    - Mario Mandzukic
    - Oumar Niasse
    - Mario Balotelli
    - Yaya Sanogo
    - Adama Diomande
    - Fernando Uribe
    - Márton Eppel
    - Ariel Nahuelpan
    - Diafra Sakho
    - Seydou Doumbia
    - Raúl Becerra
    - Ronnie Fernandez
    - Ahmed Akaichi
    - Yannick Sagbo
    - Franck Ohandza
    - Marco Ruben
    - Idrissa Sylla
    - Rudy Gestede
    - Tomer Hemed
    - Sadat Bukari
    - Modibo Maïga 
    - Nigel Hasselbaink
    - Collin Quaner
    - Jonathan Soriano
    - Victor Anichebe 
    - Francisco Margiotta
    - Djordje Jovanovic
    - Jackson Martinez
    - Juninho
    - Afonso
    - Braian Rodríguez 
    - Dioko Kaluyituka 
    - Darren Mattocks
    - Javier Orozco
    - Nassim Ben Khalifa
    - Paulo Henrique
    - Dame N’Doye
    - Welthon
    - Diego Ftalca
    - Eduardo
    - Cristian Diaz
    - Préjuce Nakoulma
    - Jandson
    - Augustine Mulenga
    - Tozin
    - Andy Keogh

Why should signing e.g. Daniel Sturridge be unrealistic?  Unlikely I grant you but as far as we know he's not attached to any team at the moment.  If he still loves the game and all the attendant fitness requirements it's up to him whether he'll accept the £75 to 100k p.a. salary available to play in League 1.  Given his record for getting caught breaking the rules on betting I'd guess he might even need the money.
    We were surprised and delighted when we signed Ricardo Fuller in 2012.  That wasn't a time when there was money to throw around either.  Maybe RF's a bad example, he popped up with a goal in a FA Cup qualifying round game for Hanley Town, he's nearly 41!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

- Daniel Sturridge
    - Danny Welbeck
    - Alexandre Pato
    - Mario Mandzukic
    - Oumar Niasse
    - Mario Balotelli
    - Yaya Sanogo
    - Adama Diomande
    - Fernando Uribe
    - Márton Eppel
    - Ariel Nahuelpan
    - Diafra Sakho
    - Seydou Doumbia
    - Raúl Becerra
    - Ronnie Fernandez
    - Ahmed Akaichi
    - Yannick Sagbo
    - Franck Ohandza
    - Marco Ruben
    - Idrissa Sylla
    - Rudy Gestede
    - Tomer Hemed
    - Sadat Bukari
    - Modibo Maïga 
    - Nigel Hasselbaink
    - Collin Quaner
    - Jonathan Soriano
    - Victor Anichebe 
    - Francisco Margiotta
    - Djordje Jovanovic
    - Jackson Martinez
    - Juninho
    - Afonso
    - Braian Rodríguez 
    - Dioko Kaluyituka 
    - Darren Mattocks
    - Javier Orozco
    - Nassim Ben Khalifa
    - Paulo Henrique
    - Dame N’Doye
    - Welthon
    - Diego Ftalca
    - Eduardo
    - Cristian Diaz
    - Préjuce Nakoulma
    - Jandson
    - Augustine Mulenga
    - Tozin
    - Andy Keogh

Yaya to return?
    Just looked him up, still only 27 - seemed an age ago he was with us. Knows the club and 6’3” so passes the height test.
  • Options
    Mario Balotelli is available! Cmon TS, make it happen...
  • Options
    edited October 2020

- Daniel Sturridge
    - Danny Welbeck
    - Alexandre Pato
    - Mario Mandzukic
    - Oumar Niasse
    - Mario Balotelli
    - Yaya Sanogo
    - Adama Diomande
    - Fernando Uribe
    - Márton Eppel
    - Ariel Nahuelpan
    - Diafra Sakho
    - Seydou Doumbia
    - Raúl Becerra
    - Ronnie Fernandez
    - Ahmed Akaichi
    - Yannick Sagbo
    - Franck Ohandza
    - Marco Ruben
    - Idrissa Sylla
    - Rudy Gestede
    - Tomer Hemed
    - Sadat Bukari
    - Modibo Maïga 
    - Nigel Hasselbaink
    - Collin Quaner
    - Jonathan Soriano
    - Victor Anichebe 
    - Francisco Margiotta
    - Djordje Jovanovic
    - Jackson Martinez
    - Juninho
    - Afonso
    - Braian Rodríguez 
    - Dioko Kaluyituka 
    - Darren Mattocks
    - Javier Orozco
    - Nassim Ben Khalifa
    - Paulo Henrique
    - Dame N’Doye
    - Welthon
    - Diego Ftalca
    - Eduardo
    - Cristian Diaz
    - Préjuce Nakoulma
    - Jandson
    - Augustine Mulenga
    - Tozin
    - Andy Keogh

Why should signing e.g. Daniel Sturridge be unrealistic?  Unlikely I grant you but as far as we know he's not attached to any team at the moment.  If he still loves the game and all the attendant fitness requirements it's up to him whether he'll accept the £75 to 100k p.a. salary available to play in League 1.  Given his record for getting caught breaking the rules on betting I'd guess he might even need the money.
    We were surprised and delighted when we signed Ricardo Fuller in 2012.  That wasn't a time when there was money to throw around either.  Maybe RF's a bad example, he popped up with a goal in a FA Cup qualifying round game for Hanley Town, he's nearly 41!
    Assuming he wanted to come back to the UK a lower PL team would take a punt on him if squad numbers allow.  Absolute worst case just about every Championship club would take him ahead of us and pay more than £2K, then you have Celtic and Rangers etc etc.  Of course it is unrealistic.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

- Daniel Sturridge
    - Danny Welbeck
    - Alexandre Pato
    - Mario Mandzukic
    - Oumar Niasse
    - Mario Balotelli
    - Yaya Sanogo
    - Adama Diomande
    - Fernando Uribe
    - Márton Eppel
    - Ariel Nahuelpan
    - Diafra Sakho
    - Seydou Doumbia
    - Raúl Becerra
    - Ronnie Fernandez
    - Ahmed Akaichi
    - Yannick Sagbo
    - Franck Ohandza
    - Marco Ruben
    - Idrissa Sylla
    - Rudy Gestede
    - Tomer Hemed
    - Sadat Bukari
    - Modibo Maïga 
    - Nigel Hasselbaink
    - Collin Quaner
    - Jonathan Soriano
    - Victor Anichebe 
    - Francisco Margiotta
    - Djordje Jovanovic
    - Jackson Martinez
    - Juninho
    - Afonso
    - Braian Rodríguez 
    - Dioko Kaluyituka 
    - Darren Mattocks
    - Javier Orozco
    - Nassim Ben Khalifa
    - Paulo Henrique
    - Dame N’Doye
    - Welthon
    - Diego Ftalca
    - Eduardo
    - Cristian Diaz
    - Préjuce Nakoulma
    - Jandson
    - Augustine Mulenga
    - Tozin
    - Andy Keogh

Yaya to return?

I set the bar too high.

10 goals and 10 assists won't be too shabby.
  • Options
    Bright Enobakhare is my suggestion
  • Options
    Bright Enobakhare is my suggestion
    Is that a rash on your unmentionables?