Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2 strikers in 2 weeks - any suggestions - serious ones please ...

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Wouldn't be surprised if we went back in for Marc McNulty, although he didn't do particularly well at Sunderland. 
    Isn’t he in trouble for match fixing?
    Match fixing or making illegal bets......there’s a big difference, are you sure it’s match fixing?
    The former being a prison-able offence.
    Defo match fixing Sound As
    https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/marc-mcnulty-hibs-arrested-matchfixing-19005415
  • Options
    Because of the salary cap we are not unlikely to attract a striker who was already on a contract prior to the cap. Therefore we are probably just looking at out of contract players and loans despite the funds available from Thomas and the Bonne transfer.
  • Options

Nathaniel Mendez Laing thrown out of Cardiff - knows the div well ...
    wasn't he paying people to beat him up?
  • Options
    Isn't it ironic? We now have an owner who we assume can spend a few bob + 2 million from a sale, but we're not allowed to spend it in an attempt to get back into a league in which we would be allowed to spend it. A league from which we were relegated essentially because we didn't have any money to spend. ,😕
    We can spend what we like on fees though. Now just need to persuade Vardy to take a slight drop in salary and play in League One ...
  • Options
    our old friend John Marquis at Portsmouth maybe?
  • Options
    The thread title is not being respected by Mr Large
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Tristan Abrahams from Newport County. 21 years old. Born in Lewisham.

Not exactly prolific in his early career, but was rated highly enough to get a move from Orient to Norwich City in 2017. 

6 goals in 7 games this season. I think he'll be playing at a higher level in the not too distant future.

A more senior/proven striker would also need to be signed, but he's one with potential.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Isn't it ironic? We now have an owner who we assume can spend a few bob + 2 million from a sale, but we're not allowed to spend it in an attempt to get back into a league in which we would be allowed to spend it. A league from which we were relegated essentially because we didn't have any money to spend. ,😕
    You missed out the bit that we were relegated because a club who spent millions on players, exceeded the FFP rules & sold their own stadium to themselves to make up the numbers were allowed a points deducted this season & not last.

Seems cheats do prosper 

As for which players we should bring in. Not a scooby. Mo Eisa (but only because I've heard Jeff Stelling bang on about him week after week). Same goes for Tom Pope. 
  • Options
    How much money do we have though?  Didn't Crawley's tweet earlier mention something about us having a £1m tax bill to pay that pre dates Thomas take over?  That was along side the sale of Bonne and did not seem a coincidence. Just because we have a wealthy owner we should not assume he will spend his money on us.  I wonder if the loaning rather than sle of KAG has a knock on and the fact that Pope seems likely to stay where he is. 
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    I no longer know who plays for us, let alone other team's players.
    I’m glad you said that as I was thinking the same. No idea how people are so knowledgable about lower league players. 
  • Options
    You missed out the bit that we were relegated because a club who spent millions on players, exceeded the FFP rules & sold their own stadium to themselves to make up the numbers were allowed a points deducted this season & not last.

Seems cheats do prosper 

As for which players we should bring in. Not a scooby. Mo Eisa (but only because I've heard Jeff Stelling bang on about him week after week). Same goes for Tom Pope. 
    I’d like Alanis Morrisette to create a new verse especially for us. Maybe TS can arrange. 
  • Options

Not exactly prolific in his early career, but was rated highly enough to get a move from Orient to Norwich City in 2017. 

6 goals in 7 games this season. I think he'll be playing at a higher level in the not too distant future.

A more senior/proven striker would also need to be signed, but he's one with potential.
    In the Karlan Grant mould, very raw but can also play on the wing. 
  • Options
    How about Reiss Nelson from Arsenal or is he better than a league 1 loan? Certainly have a history of improving their youngsters!

Actually, looks like he is a winger so scrap that idea!
    He's much better than league 1, been playing first team football for them... Palace are linked for a perm transfer I think
  • Options
    How about Reiss Nelson from Arsenal or is he better than a league 1 loan? Certainly have a history of improving their youngsters!

He was playing in the Bundesliga a season or so back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He played for Arsenal against Liverpool the other day! 
  • Options

In the Karlan Grant mould, very raw but can also play on the wing. 
  • Options
    Paddy Madden .. I have been advocating him for 6 years .. and NO, I am not his cousin, brother, father or agent
  • Options
    Paddy Madden .. I have been advocating him for 6 years .. and NO, I am not his cousin, brother, father or agent
    Definitely a solid League 1 option. Doubt Fleetwood would let him go though. 
  • Options
    Your his nan 🤣
  • Options
    Your his nan 🤣
    lol great great nan actually but don't tell ((:>)
  • Options
    Billy Sharpe
  • Options
    Billy Sharpe
    I want to lol! this comment not because I find it funny but because I dont think Bowyer / Gallen could manage it

I've actually liked your comment though because this is Bowyer and Gallen we're talking about!!