Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Positives of relegation

12346»

Comments

• Options
    No not really, both Luton and Barnsley had invested in their squad and had options albeit in Barnsley's case younger but still blooded pros:  Plus Barnsley tend to give three year contracts to their signings.
  • Options
    Jason Pearce on twitter

A devastating way to end the season after such hard work to get to the championship. All I can say is we gave our all each and every person who was available and we just missed out. Will work as hard as we can to push and get back up together

Maybe a little bit of a dig from him towards Solly, Taylor and Davis?
    Definitely.  
  • Options
    Not having to listen to “rocking all over the world” by Status Quo, whilst waiting to be let out of the rusty toolbox after another defeat to the spanners.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    The only positive for me is the fact that I will be able to walk from home to a Charlton match for the very first time.... I live about 2 miles from Sincil Bank.... that is assuming away fans will be allowed when the game is due to be played!
    I was brought up in Waddington and Navenby til I was 18...got a bit of a soft spot for Lincoln and LC.
  • Options
    Got a chance to clear out dead wood.

Good to see that we are already out scouting eager "young blood" for the first team for next season.

Dyce  AFCCT Football 3-12 year olds  Your Local List
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I think Powell did a job that is underrated by too many. He had half a season to work out we were not good enough and with the money for selling Jenkinson, he brought in a large number of players with some terrific quality. We won the league with over 100 points and whilst Bowyer's achievements should be admired and applauded, for me Powell's achievements were greater.

Bowyer managed to inject real quality with loans that we hardly paid anything for and by signing Williams. It can be argued he had bigger obstacles overall but I still think Powell was our best manager since Curbs. Both were not backed properly after their successful seasons, and sadly that is the story of Charlton in recent years.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
                        Phillips
    New RB Oshilaja Pearce Doughty
                        Pratley
                   Morgan JFC
                       Oztumer
                   Aneke Bonne

Doesn’t look like a bad starting 11 for League one
    Phillips won’t be here and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few others in that line up also sold.
    Who is worth anything apart from Philips and doughty? Purrington for doughty doesnt weaken us that much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Bow goes & PV/AB take over, I can see the Crowley brothers coming in.
  • Options
    Given they supposedly got sacked from Huddersfield because of a disagreement over how to take the team forward (allegedly down to budget cuts and player sales), what on earth makes you think they'd want to step into this shit show?

Literally the only reason would be to not be unemployed, but given they left Huddersfield less than 1 year into a 3 year deal i think they'd probably rather sit on their arses than take what we can offer.
  • Options
    Given they supposedly got sacked from Huddersfield because of a disagreement over how to take the team forward (allegedly down to budget cuts and player sales), what on earth makes you think they'd want to step into this shit show?

Literally the only reason would be to not be unemployed, but given they left Huddersfield less than 1 year into a 3 year deal i think they'd probably rather sit on their arses than take what we can offer.
    The fact that he said if Varney and Barclay take over :)
  • Options
    But Fawlty, shouldn’t we catch the burglars first ?

There aren’t any, Major. 
  • Options
    Complete overhaul of our songs 
  • Options
    Well they have to quarantine for now, one of them was chatting to @Sonicstud85 sat by the pool with a beer in La Manga yesterday. West Ham fan
  • Options
    Plymouth away, I like this one. Hopefully early season for a long weekend in the West Country.
  • Options
    Plymouth away, I like this one. Hopefully early season for a long weekend in the West Country.
    Early season will be home fans only ! You want next May 
  • Options
    So it will be Tuesday night away in November.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    My boss who is a Plymouth fan who I said last June thank fuck we won't have to play you again, and was giving me shit jobs since I said it. And since Wednesday has reminded me what I said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My boss who is a Plymouth fan who I said last June thank fuck we won't have to play you again, and was giving me shit jobs since I said it. And since Wednesday has reminded me what I said.
    Just waiting for someone to pipe up with some guff about all this being karma for sending Palarse down. Or maybe for beating Burnley in the Cup Final .....