Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Positives of relegation

Comments

• shine166 said:
    Bonne can score 20 goals in league one 
    He won’t get 15 league goals next season in league one for us or anyone who signs him (excluding pens) charidee bet for up to £100 if anyone wants it 

Not interested in the charity bet but why do you think Macaulay Bonne wouldn't score 20 goals in League 1 ?

Unlike Josh Maginis who unless we played Bristol Rovers didn't seem to get in goal scoring positions, Bonne in a decent League one team would score 50% of his good chances.

If I was a Championship manager like Birmingham, I would offer Charlton 500k for Macaulay Bonne knowing that he is one of my 4 strikers who will guarantee me between 12 and 15 goals in the 2nd tier if he stays fit. ( Will miss plenty but that doesn't stop him getting into the good positions)

The irony if that manager is Lee Bowyer.

Because he'll have a midfield of Pratley, Vennings and Morgan providing his chances.
    I just think he’s had his “Ajose” season ... and he’ll need more chances than we’ll provide him with
  • shine166 said:
    He won’t get 15 league goals next season in league one for us or anyone who signs him (excluding pens) charidee bet for up to £100 if anyone wants it 
    To be honest I wouldn’t bother with a charity bet on here mate if I was you. 
    I owe someone a tenner or something  for Grant getting 10 championship goals not including pens ...

they haven’t stepped forward to claim it and I can’t find the thread

who has knocked you and for what bet 

Charlton/ Millwall etc 

name and shame em or point to the appropriate thread cos you’re too nice to call the welching wrong uns out ....

the fucking world has ended I’m conversing with a sympathetic scum fan ffs
    Ha that was me - forgot about that.

You owe the upbeats a tenner! 
  • edited July 2020
    shine166 said:
    I owe someone a tenner or something  for Grant getting 10 championship goals not including pens ...

Charlton/ Millwall etc 

name and shame em or point to the appropriate thread cos you’re too nice to call the welching wrong uns out ....

Shit  Boom 
    can someone post a link please 
  • shine166 said:

Not interested in the charity bet but why do you think Macaulay Bonne wouldn't score 20 goals in League 1 ?

Unlike Josh Maginis who unless we played Bristol Rovers didn't seem to get in goal scoring positions, Bonne in a decent League one team would score 50% of his good chances.

If I was a Championship manager like Birmingham, I would offer Charlton 500k for Macaulay Bonne knowing that he is one of my 4 strikers who will guarantee me between 12 and 15 goals in the 2nd tier if he stays fit. ( Will miss plenty but that doesn't stop him getting into the good positions)

Because he'll have a midfield of Pratley, Vennings and Morgan providing his chances.
    The wizard of Oz will still be there, and he has done pretty well in League One.
  • shine166 said:

The wizard of Oz will still be there, and he has done pretty well in League One.
    Yeah championship is not really his level. Did really well for Walsall in league one though. 
  • shine166 said:

Charlton/ Millwall etc 

You crack me up OohAah lol. 

Said thread. Bumped it a few times but it’s gone a bit quiet...

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/86351/so-anyone-want-a-friendly-bet/p1

• Positives with everything going on we could have lost player and manager over the summer and got trashed every week in the Championship. 
    Now probably with a new manager we can rebuild the team in league one and to be honest the players that will stay are league one standard. Experience of Pearce and Prately and the young players ..
    may be a blessing in disguise 
  • edited July 2020
    shine166 said:

Oohaa said he won't score 20 goals for us or anyone else.

i have explained why in a decent League 1 side, why he will score 20, and why in a decent Champ side he will get 12-15 goals.

I put my neck on the line a few years ago by saying Simon Francis would play at a higher level than CAFC if he was played as a wing back. Eddie Howe heard me and did just that for SF, first few years in Bournemouth.
    (Before turning him into a CB !) 
  • shine166 said:
    True, but will he be sold by the Leeches draining our club, all bets are off and everyone’s up for grabs.
  • iaitch said:
    Can we be like Rotherham and yoyo between these divisions?

Here's their record last four years:-
    16/17 Relegated from Championship
    17/18 Promoted via play offs from League One
    18/19 Relegated from Championship
    19/10 Promoted from League One.
    They're a stable, well run club though. No real stars, just a bunch of steady pros and a decent manager who's been there for a few years

Thus they have continuity when they go down, rather than the endless rebuilding which we go through

• Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:

Charlton/ Millwall etc 

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/86351/so-anyone-want-a-friendly-bet/p1

People who dont pay their bets are scummy, i put lots on a pool page and usually have no issues (careful screening maybe) but there is so many people who are chancers looking to make a quick buck and dont actually have the money. 

MF should just out them on a new thread or at least on the thread put their names down rather than just bump it. it was a bet to charity after all and i am sure (i would hope) you would have honoured it the other way round. 
  • shine166 said:

Charlton/ Millwall etc 

People who dont pay their bets are scummy, i put lots on a pool page and usually have no issues (careful screening maybe) but there is so many people who are chancers looking to make a quick buck and dont actually have the money. 

MF should just out them on a new thread or at least on the thread put their names down rather than just bump it. it was a bet to charity after all and i am sure (i would hope) you would have honoured it the other way round. 
    Yes, Just thought it would add a bit of spice when we played and also a decent local charity would benefit from it. I didn’t make anyone take the bet and if someone wanted to have less on it I would have been fine with that. 

100% I would have honoured it had I lost any of the three bets. At one point In the season it looked like I was going to lose the league position bet at the very least! I would have happily paid to the Charlton community charity that they had named as their chosen charity. 

• P.s. having said all that don’t really want to make a fuss as it’s not my board and also this probably isn’t the thread for it. 
  • In the real world if you give it you have to take it. 
    That is the rules.

Gloating over someone's relegation can always has a payback. Unfortunately for Cafc, Crystal Palace left us behind years ago with their mix of American owners and Steve Parish and the two other fans who invested.

We may have to take an interest in a cup competition to play Palace again. Unless they drop a couple of divisions by poor Stewardship; unlikely while Steve Parish is involved.
  • "a circus on and off the pitch"

Not wrong are they?
  • In the real world if you give it you have to take it. 
    That is the rules.

Gloating over someone's relegation can always has a payback. Unfortunately for Cafc, Crystal Palace left us behind years ago with their mix of American owners and Steve Parish and the two other fans who invested.

We may have to take an interest in a cup competition to play Palace again. Unless they drop a couple of divisions by poor Stewardship; unlikely while Steve Parish is involved.
    It's the same when fans who've been hurling abuse at a player, e.g. Karlan, get all offended when the same player cups an ear to them after he scores
  • Ipswich, Portsmouth, Wigan and Sunderland will all roll over us
    Fixed for you
  • We get to see a midfield run by Erhun Oztumer
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh someone already said it ok
  • "a circus on and off the pitch"

Not wrong are they?
    Instead of Red Red Robin can we come out to 'Send in the Clowns'? 
  • Most of my favourite Charlton seasons were third tier. 1972/3, 1974/75, 1980/81, 2011/12 and 2018/19. Bring it on. 
  • Leuth said:
    We get to see a midfield run by Erhun Oztumer
    Can't wait to see the Wizard
  •                     Phillips
    New RB Oshilaja Pearce Doughty
                        Pratley
                   Morgan JFC
                       Oztumer
                   Aneke Bonne

Doesn’t look like a bad starting 11 for League one
  • You know what, I genuinely can't think of a single real positive from being in league one and it's utterly depressing.

It was so exciting about getting down there this season and seeing us play against players I knew, big sides. Nottingham Forest! Leeds! Some teams fresh out the prem with millions of pounds worth of talent on the pitch in front of me. Charlton back mixing it with them. It felt right.

Now we've got to go back to this dire league. Where every team that turns up is an underdog and digs in to get a result and we have to try and break them down. It'll be painful. And that's just the stuff on the pitch.

• shine166 said:

Charlton/ Millwall etc 

Nice one mate! 
  •                     Phillips
    New RB Oshilaja Pearce Doughty
                        Pratley
                   Morgan JFC
                       Oztumer
                   Aneke Bonne

Doesn’t look like a bad starting 11 for League one
    Isn't JFC out of contract?