Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Positives of relegation

Comments

• Only positive is that if the first two months of the season is behind close doors I would not have missed any matches which I care about seeing. 

It’s taken us three years the last times we went down to return and would say that three years is looking optimistic with the mess we find ourselves in now. 
  • Better chance of a visit to a non league club in the Cup 
  • And lose?
  • MK dons on a Tuesday 
  • Bonne can score 20 goals in league one 
  • The Checkatrade (or whatever it's now called) trophy will be back................
  • When the stadium reopens, I won’t have to queue for a wee and a beer.

that is the only positive of relegation. The rest is shit!

no midweek red button matches
    Shit league with shit players
    Bad owners who don’t care
    Northampton town at home
    fa cup 1st round
    having to play with a weakened team during international break
    having to play during the international break
    Having to see Karl Robinson

no real positives

• Is this a set back for the 5 year plan to be in the Premier ?

This is a rhetorical question.
  • Stopped myself from posting last night, this morning still feel fucking depressed. For some reason, despite everything I thought we’d beat the drop. I still can’t see any positives right now 
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    Bonne can score 20 goals in league one 
    He won’t get 15 league goals next season in league one for us or anyone who signs him (excluding pens) charidee bet for up to £100 if anyone wants it 
  • I can only see it being the lowest finish since about 1930. 
  • Positive we are only a year away from league 2, and 2 from the national league.
    That first year under Robinson was our lowest ever finish wasnt it?
  • Off_it said:
    There are no positives. None.
    There are.

We are at a higher chance of unloading the scum that are fucking our club.
  • edited July 2020
    2011 and 2017 we finished 13th in the third tier 
    1974 we finished 14th in the third tier 

we entered in to div3 south in 1921 and finished 16th, 12th,14th,15th,21st,13th, 11th, 1st in our first 8 seasons in the football league.

since leaving the 3rd tier for the first ever time the longest time we have spent in it in one hit is 3 seasons (3 times) 
    we have never been in the 4th tier since entering league football .

all from wiki

• shine166 said:
    He won’t get 15 league goals next season in league one for us or anyone who signs him (excluding pens) charidee bet for up to £100 if anyone wants it 
    When is your closing date for applicants? Obviously not may 2021. I think he can if we keep the core of our contracted players. That’s the issue and why I haven’t bitten your arm off
  • This is the one thread i could stomach this morning, still like 90% negative in a positive thread ffs. Its a load of shit i get it but this place is going to be more painful so i think i might need a break from here (whether i actually do). 

Its just a waiting game really, see what happens with the owners, players. Its not looking pretty but hopefully we can now get people who are fully committed to the club, start from the bottom clean slate. 

Mini Goals: Not to go into Administration, try to get a team together with not all youngsters. Try to keep one or 2 players who stand out ie. Alfie Doughty (Unlikely), Stability even if that means another couple of years in league one we dont want to slide down the leagues as it gets tougher each time to come back. 

Step 2: Pray 
  • edited July 2020
    shine166 said:
    When is your closing date for applicants? Obviously not may 2021. I think he can if we keep the core of our contracted players. That’s the issue and why I haven’t bitten your arm off
    Before the season starts or he scores a goal ;-)
  • 2 chances for a trip to Blackpool
    Pompey away game
    Visiting the new Wimbledon ground
    Cheaper away ticket prices
    Not losing to Millwall
    er...
  • Sponsored links:

• Stewart said:
    At least we get to play Sunderland again. 
    I get to tick of Lincoln. 
    Lincoln away will be first game of season but fan ban will still be in place.
    Lincoln's new shirt design .. a definite tribute to the Addicks ..

https://www.eliteprosports.co.uk/shop/lincoln-city
  • I’m 95% certain we’ll be managerless, penniless and mostly playerless by the time the new season starts. Worse than Blackpool a few seasons ago when they had a riga as their manager. 
  • Big positives for any of the academy players, much more chance of game time in League One, especially if we can't sign any new contracts, let alone sign new players.

It could be a chance for Dempsey, Vennings, Aoucharia, Ocran etc.
  • shine166 said:
    To be honest I wouldn’t bother with a charity bet on here mate if I was you. 
  • Can we be like Rotherham and yoyo between these divisions?

Here's their record last four years:-
    16/17 Relegated from Championship
    17/18 Promoted via play offs from League One
    18/19 Relegated from Championship
    19/10 Promoted from League One.
  • Can't see any positives in going down whatsoever. 
  • edited July 2020
    shine166 said:

Not interested in the charity bet but why do you think Macaulay Bonne wouldn't score 20 goals in League 1 ?

Unlike Josh Maggenis who unless we played Bristol Rovers didn't seem to get in goal scoring positions, Bonne in a decent League one team would score 50% of his good chances.

If I was a Championship manager like Birmingham, I would offer Charlton 500k for Macaulay Bonne knowing that he is one of my 4 strikers who will guarantee me between 12 and 15 goals in the 2nd tier if he stays fit. ( Will miss plenty but that doesn't stop him getting into the good positions)

The irony if that manager is Lee Bowyer.

• shine166 said:

Not interested in the charity bet but why do you think Macaulay Bonne wouldn't score 20 goals in League 1 ?

Unlike Josh Maginis who unless we played Bristol Rovers didn't seem to get in goal scoring positions, Bonne in a decent League one team would score 50% of his good chances.

If I was a Championship manager like Birmingham, I would offer Charlton 500k for Macaulay Bonne knowing that he is one of my 4 strikers who will guarantee me between 12 and 15 goals in the 2nd tier if he stays fit. ( Will miss plenty but that doesn't stop him getting into the good positions)

The irony if that manager is Lee Bowyer.

Because he'll have a midfield of Pratley, Vennings and Morgan providing his chances.
    That first year under Robinson was our lowest ever finish wasnt it?
    21sr in Div 3 South in 1925/26.