Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Positives of relegation

Comments

•                     Phillips
    New RB Oshilaja Pearce Doughty
                        Pratley
                   Morgan JFC
                       Oztumer
                   Aneke Bonne

Doesn’t look like a bad starting 11 for League one
    Isn't JFC out of contract?
    I believe he had an extension clause. Whether he has done enough to trigger that I don’t know.
  • How can anyone be positive about the mess we’re in 
                        Pratley
                   Morgan JFC
                       Oztumer
                   Aneke Bonne

I believe he had an extension clause. Whether he has done enough to trigger that I don’t know.
    Decent Lge1 player but his inability to stay fit makes it unlikely that clause will be used
  • Even if we'd stayed up you'd be needing to add 5 loan signings as that seems the norm for any team outside the premier league
                        Pratley
                   Morgan JFC
                       Oztumer
                   Aneke Bonne

Bet he is hoping by he hasn’t done enough. 
  • In the real world if you give it you have to take it. 
    That is the rules.

Gloating over someone's relegation can always has a payback. Unfortunately for Cafc, Crystal Palace left us behind years ago with their mix of American owners and Steve Parish and the two other fans who invested.

We may have to take an interest in a cup competition to play Palace again. Unless they drop a couple of divisions by poor Stewardship; unlikely while Steve Parish is involved.
    Being as their whole schtick was ‘we really don’t care about you’, it is quite funny that some of them really didn’t care for 15 years.

They’ve been 1 to 2 do divisions higher for 8 of those years too. Quite sad, all things considered
  • edited July 2020
    Away games:
    Blackpool, 
    Ipswich
    Portsmouth (probably best away day) 
    Sunderland 
    Gillingham (whoopiebloodydoo)
    Wigan 
    Hull
    Crewe 

Depressing ain't it
  • At least we know that Palace fans do care...

They had to think of something else to take their mind off the 7 straight defeats. I can respect that.
  • We will be bottom 6 league 1, rather than bottom 6 championship.  Our starting XI will comprise mostly new players, plus maybe Davison, Morgan, Lapslie, Purrington( groan) , Pearce, maybe Oztumer 
  • No positives whatsoever. We have been relegated to the 3rd tier 5 times now since I've been going & every previous time I have been confident we would soon get back up. Alas not this time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Morgan might step up and be the main man next season. He has the ability, just needs to be encouraged and played regularly in the right position 
  • At least we know that Palace fans do care...

Thats what a proper football stadium looks like you sad little nigels,unlike that shithole you play in with its supermarket and corrugated sheets🤭
  • Or just full stop train spotting at Crewe, heard they have quiet a few platforms. Prawn sandwiches at the ready lads. 
  • I hope we keep that banner so we can throw it back at them an the appropriate time. Things change quickly in football.
                        Pratley
                   Morgan JFC
                       Oztumer
                   Aneke Bonne

Phillips won’t be here and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few others in that line up also sold.
  • The only positive for me is the fact that I will be able to walk from home to a Charlton match for the very first time.... I live about 2 miles from Sincil Bank.... that is assuming away fans will be allowed when the game is due to be played!
  • The only positive for me is the fact that I will be able to walk from home to a Charlton match for the very first time.... I live about 2 miles from Sincil Bank.... that is assuming away fans will be allowed when the game is due to be played!
    Blimey, did you know there was a Bexhill in East Sussex too? ;)
  • I'm looking forward to going to Lincoln. 
  • Sponsored links:

• No, but what a bloke. He needs to be back at the club in some capacity. Him and JJ are legends.
  • However pissed off we feel,spare a thought for the Wigan supporters whos team performed miracles to get up the league only for them to be totally shafted by possibly a bigger load of arseholes than those that are at our club.
    Blimey, did you know there was a Bexhill in East Sussex too? ;)
    I used to live in Bexhill, East Sussex, hence the user name. I now obviously live in Lincoln. I did look to see if I could change my user name but it didn't appear possible. I think I will re register with a new name!
  • Apart from my comments above,I do feel utterly distraught,I am now 76 and although good times may or may not               return soon,I have just about had enough of the trials and tribulations of following Charlton for so many years.When you  reach a certain age,your options for enjoyment do become limited,but the one thing I always looked forward to was my trips to the Valley, now the whole thing is just an ordeal which I can maybe do without.
  • Apart from my comments above,I do feel utterly distraught,I am now 76 and although good times may or may not               return soon,I have just about had enough of the trials and tribulations of following Charlton for so many years.When you  reach a certain age,your options for enjoyment do become limited,but the one thing I always looked forward to was my trips to the Valley, now the whole thing is just an ordeal which I can maybe do without.
    Totally understandable, however you ought to change your user name to 'thickandmedium63'.
  • However pissed off we feel,spare a thought for the Wigan supporters whos team performed miracles to get up the league only for them to be totally shafted by possibly a bigger load of arseholes than those that are at our club.
    Also credit to Barnsley for what they pulled off.
  • No, but what a bloke. He needs to be back at the club in some capacity. Him and JJ are legends.
    Must have seen and spoke to Chris about 6 home matches in a row outside the west stand this year. Always polite and happy to speak with anyone who wanted a chat. Bloke will always be a legend.
  • If Bows go only one man to lift the gloom! 
    Arise Sir Chris! 
    Also credit to Barnsley for what they pulled off.
    They had nothing to lose and went for it. As did Luton. I think we would have survived if we had taken a similar approach. Especially after two wins on resumption. We were too cagey.