Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Positives of relegation

Comments

• Options
    Able to park nearer the to buy a flat in the ground within the next few years.

• Options
    Social distancing won’t be a problem at The Valley.
  • Options
    Anyone who wants a ticket - wherever - will get one with or without social distancing
  • Options
    This has set the club back 5 - 10 years at least,that is if we can come back.

League one won’t be a piece of cake, and we’re going to end up with crapper loanees and a team of freebies and kids.
    Piece of cake? We’ll struggle to stay up with the money we haven’t got
  • Options
    Next year will be my 50th as a Charlton fan. I've seen some shite with a few good times here and there. I can honestly say that I've never felt as low re. the club as I do now. May be time for a break and maybe I'll be back to see out my my 50th year. Maybe not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This has set the club back 5 - 10 years at least,that is if we can come back.

League one won’t be a piece of cake, and we’re going to end up with crapper loanees and a team of freebies and kids.
    Piece of cake? We’ll struggle to stay up with the money we haven’t got
    I honestly think you’re right - how many senior players (I.e with two years or more first team experience under their belt) are in contract for next season? 
  • Options
    We don’t even get a jolly up at Saffend :-( 
  • Options
    We don’t even get a jolly up at Saffend :-( 
    But we do get the dreamteam of Gillingham and Steve Evans...doesn't get much more depressing than that
  • Options
    No positives.

The owners of ESI 1 and ESI 2 are the same group of vultures but with different front men.

They will sell off any players they can and pay themselves or their business partners as much as they can get away with (Essentially do a Southall). Legit bills will not be paid and someone will force us into admin.

Only then can we hope that the club is sold to a legit owner but that will only happen if the Valley becomes part of the deal. I think that unlikely as Duche is deluded and if the club didn't exist any more he might think it would help him sell the ground on for housing development.

Happy for this post to be laughed at in the weeks, months and years to come as I'm proven completely wrong. 

No positives.
  • Options
    Unless you’re looking forward to giving Chris Solly some stick when we’re playing Gillingham, there’s just no positives at all sadly.
  • Options
    Unless you’re looking forward to giving Chris Solly some stick when we’re playing Gillingham, there’s just no positives at all sadly.
    I think I’ll give that game a swerve for that exact reason, doesn’t do us or him any good.
  • Options
    Portsmouth away is always good fun. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also, we will have some very canny players at league 1 level who will hopefully stay;

Aneke
    Bonne
    Oztumer
    Morgan
    Davison
    Lapslie
    Lockyer 
    Pearce

Even better if we keep hold of Phillips, Sarr, Matthews, Williams and Doughty but could see them getting better offers. 

• Options
    Wembley again next May
  • Options
    alicwkd said:
    Also, we will have some very canny players at league 1 level who will hopefully stay;

Aneke
    Bonne
    Oztumer
    Morgan
    Davison
    Lapslie
    Lockyer 
    Pearce

Even better if we keep hold of Phillips, Sarr, Matthews, Williams and Doughty but could see them getting better offers. 

Any offer they get will be better seeing as we can't offer them new deals because of our embargo.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    We have leeches feeding on us in plain sight. Any money coming in for Grant is just going to be sucked up by them as Fosu money paid for their lifestyle. I feel sorry for criminals in this country as there are more morally bankrupt crooks who can seem to steal without punishment. And if the EFL decides to sanction the club for their actions they go off with the money they have legally stolen and the fans take the hit. ESI are like the pension pot stealers in the adverts.  
  • Options
    The positives are we are unlikely to go down, which again gives us a chance to get rid of the cancer that is Roland .... 

I wouldn't mind going down to league 2 if it got rid of him, he is the thing that is killing the club, everything stems from that, decent owners seem impossible to secure nowadays ... 

So whatever division we play in we lose money, so , as usual we need someone with deep pockets to accept very real loses, for a very real length of years, hard to find. 

The numbness this time round comes from the fact, I don't think I'd have been jumping for joy if we had stayed up, there is so much uncertainty, it's not even possible to feel happiness as everything seems temporary and everything feels as if there can be no actual opportunities until Roland has gone and someone who isn't a total f*** is owning the company. 

• Options
    alicwkd said:

Aneke
    Bonne
    Oztumer
    Morgan
    Davison
    Lapslie
    Lockyer 
    Pearce

Any offer they get will be better seeing as we can't offer them new deals because of our embargo.
    Surly this can’t be legal. We are effectively taking jobs away on the efl say so. I get the embargo on new signings but really can’t get my head around this.
  • Options
    alicwkd said:

Aneke
    Bonne
    Oztumer
    Morgan
    Davison
    Lapslie
    Lockyer 
    Pearce

Surly this can’t be legal. We are effectively taking jobs away on the efl say so. I get the embargo on new signings but really can’t get my head around this.
    I agree. Must admit i thought we were able to sign players as long as the contract value wasn't an increase on the existing one. But from what Bowyer said the other day, that doesn't seem to be the case.

You'd assume the EFL would have to sanction some signings as we surely can't start a season with 10 senior players. Even Bolton were able to make signings.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Off_it said:
    There are no positives. None.

Agreed.
    Unless it's a positive that we won't have a record low points total in the Championship in 20/21.

We are in real danger of following Bolton and Coventry in their multi relegations after poor stewardship.
  • Options
    Next year will be my 50th as a Charlton fan. I've seen some shite with a few good times here and there. I can honestly say that I've never felt as low re. the club as I do now. May be time for a break and maybe I'll be back to see out my my 50th year. Maybe not.
    Keep the faith mate. We will rise again. Charlton is like the algae on my patio, just won’t fcking die and always comes back!