Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favourite Restaurant & Favourite Meal there

Just wondered what everybody's favourite restaurant is and when there what is your favourable meal or one you would recommend. 

I love an Indian restaurant in Sheffield called Mangla, at Spital Hill. It's been there donkey's years. 
Favourite meal was Meat Aloo with a Keema Naan bread......until I became vegetarian two weeks ago. ☹️

Comments

• Currently my favourite is the Blue Nile in Woolwich. A brilliant Eritrean restaurant.
    We have the vegetarian option which is several stews with injera bread.
  • iainment said:
    Currently my favourite is the Blue Nile in Woolwich. A brilliant Eritrean restaurant.
    We have the vegetarian option which is several stews with injera bread.
    Thought this was really fun the first time, no rush to go back though.
  • Chapter One in Locksbottom.  No particular dish.  Never had a bad meal - the Saturday/Sunday lunch options generally offer the best variety and value.
  • Legends, Eltham high st.
    Nice burgers.
  • Sportsman is massively over-rated Chunes. Good grub but don't think they have changed the menu in a decade but the prices have trebled since the DFLs started frequenting it. Have you tried Wheelers in Whitstable High Street ?

In Hong Kong it has to be So Bor Kee in Cheung Chau. Scallops with shredded garlic, spicy fried chicken Szechuan style and stir fried beans in garlic and chilli. Washed down with a cold bottle of Tsing Tao. Nice view of the sunset over the harbour and change out of 20 quid.

Whitstable but in China as my eldest son calls it.
  • Sportsman is massively over-rated Chunes. Good grub but don't think they have changed the menu in a decade but the prices have trebled since the DFLs started frequenting it. Have you tried Wheelers in Whitstable High Street ?

In Hong Kong it has to be So Bor Kee in Cheung Chau. Scallops with shredded garlic, spicy fried chicken Szechuan style and stir fried beans in garlic and chilli. Washed down with a cold bottle of Tsing Tao. Nice view of the sunset over the harbour and change out of 20 quid.

Massively overrated????
    Oh do me a favour.....it’s superb!
  • I don't have a favourite restaurant but the dhal makharni (or however it's spelt) at Yak & Yeti in Crystal Palace is one of my favourite dishes.
  • Nando’s.

Opinions, isn't it? 

I don't get down to that area very much but from the Whitstable thread it sounds like there's a lot of great stuff down there. Maybe when we move back to the UK.

Haven't tried your Cheung Chau place. Will put it on the list. Usually head to Lei Yue Mun for local seafood . 
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't have a favourite restaurant but the dhal makharni (or however it's spelt) at Yak & Yeti in Crystal Palace is one of my favourite dishes.
    Where!?!?!

Massively overrated????
    Oh do me a favour.....it’s superb!
    I moved away from Whitstable before they invested in the sportsman @ Seasalter I'm told it's ace.

The best around where I am now has to be the Prithvi in Cheltenham a superb Indian restaurant. 
  • Legends, Eltham high st.
    Nice burgers.
    I ate here once and was on the bog all night!
  • MacDonalds. Big Mac.
  • Hakkasan, Bruton st mayfair is my favourite by far just can’t afford to go there enough!
  • cafc-west said:
    Chapter One in Locksbottom.  No particular dish.  Never had a bad meal - the Saturday/Sunday lunch options generally offer the best variety and value.
    I've been there a few times as the Mrs loves it.
    A bit to poncy for my liking if I'm honest. 
  • Chunes said:
    Sportsman is massively over-rated Chunes. Good grub but don't think they have changed the menu in a decade but the prices have trebled since the DFLs started frequenting it. Have you tried Wheelers in Whitstable High Street ?

Opinions, isn't it? 

I don't get down to that area very much but from the Whitstable thread it sounds like there's a lot of great stuff down there. Maybe when we move back to the UK.

Haven't tried your Cheung Chau place. Will put it on the list. Usually head to Lei Yue Mun for local seafood . 
    I grew up on seafood at wheelers as my parents had a pub a couple of doors down & several others in whitstable where I’m from , also remember the sportsman when it was proper grotty in the 80s as I lived in the pub down the road (the blue anchor).
  • JaShea99 said:
    Nando’s.
    Only if it's cheeky
  • edited January 2020
  • Sponsored links:

• Ps where is the whitstable thread?
  • McDonalds

Large Big Mac meal with an Orange Fanta
    6 nuggets
    Chicken Mayo
    Double Cheeseburger
  • Marcus at The Berkeley in Knightsbridge for me.  
  • Bungalow 8,
     Darling harbour 
    Fish and chips
  • It's got to be hawksmoor and the chateaubriand with bearnaise sauce and beef dripping fries with mac and cheese.
  • Haven't been there for a few years but me and my Dad used to stop in Rouen overnight on the way to Le Mans and always ate in a place called Les Maraichers.

Smoked duck fillets with a side salad for starter, fillet steak, followed by crème brulee.

We're holidaying in France this year and am planning to take my family there.

• Wok To Walk, has a few branches in London, Europe and beyond. Udon noodles, chicken, baby corn/broccoli, then whichever sauce I‘ve not had for a while.

You pick your own base, sauce, add whatever meat and veg you, then it’s cooked in front of you & ready in a few minutes. Never had a bad meal there.

• Blimey, tough question, given how much we eat out and how many Trip Advisor restaurant reviews I've written in the last 6 years.

For the 'theatre'... nothing touches the Fat Duck.  Heston B's restaurant in Bray.  I was absolutely blown away by the attention to detail but given we spent nearly £400 a head with the wine pairing, you would have expected nothing else than exceptional.  But I only gave it 4*s out of 5.

Best restaurant in Kent.  Have got 2 for you.  The West House at Biddenden, owned by former drummer Graham Garrett.  The tasting menu is fantastic.  Then more recently, we tried a great restaurant in Canterbury, The Corner House.  Doesn't look anything special from the outside but bloody hell the food.  Yum.  The Romney Marsh Lamb to share was one of the best meal's I've had anywhere.  Absolute food filth.  Its worth taking a drive down that way to try it and we'll be going back again.  Notable mention for the Kentish Hare at Tunbridge Wells but I understand the head chef, Bobby Brown has left to open the Bank House at Chislehurst.

Europe.  Le Cinq in Paris at the 4 seasons hotel.  Unbelievable Food and unbelievable price tag.  Il Chianti Vineria in Rome, stunning food and great value for money.

Further afield, Tempo in Cancun by 
    Martin Berasategui.  Best value for money tasting menu you'll eat anywhere.  Celery ice cream.  Sounds mental but bloody hell, so nice.
    Maude by Australian Masterchef Chef Curtis Stone in LA.  Il Tramonto, an italian restaurant we found by chance in Temecula, California.  The tomato sauce must have been cooked down for hours and hours but the desert, best desert I've had anywhere.  Think bread and butter pudding but made out of cinnamon rolls.  Juniper & Ivy in San Diego was nice and very good value for money considering the standard.  Was a bit shocked when we ordered the 'whole duck' they actually mean a whole duck.  Thats the first time I've ever seen a duck head on the plate in front of me!

Not a massive fan of Chapter One tbh.  Have been four times now and not exactly been blown away each time.  Eating locally in Petts Wood, Uskudar do a great mixed grill, Cipriani's do a fabulous Skate Wing, the Sushi place in Fairway near the Daylight does exceptional Sushi.  The Bull's Head in Chislehurst does decent food too.

I wouldn't mind, before I met my wife, I used to like eating in the local Beefeater or Harvester!  My list of 'avoids' is quite lengthy.