Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite Restaurant & Favourite Meal there

12346»

Comments

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Pork belly was excellent.
    if that's how you describe your date, I'm not surprised it didn't work out...
    Genuine lol
  • Options
    Went to Scott's in Mayfair in March. Brilliant food, wine list and atmosphere. Was like the old Ivy before the fkd it up sticking a bar in the middle. Now want to go there all the time.

Recommend this place yesterday in Hackney Wick i you're nearby:
    https://naturapizzeria.com/

The pasta dishes and the pizza is the best I've had for ages.
  • Options
    When my Uncle first started taking me to football in London (early 80s) we used to go to a burger chain called Wendys. 
    They are now opening up again in the UK nearest one to me is Brighton so will be visiting soon for a bit of nostalgia. 
  • Options
    sholland said:
    When my Uncle first started taking me to football in London (early 80s) we used to go to a burger chain called Wendys. 
    They are now opening up again in the UK nearest one to me is Brighton so will be visiting soon for a bit of nostalgia. 
    Opening a Wendy's in Maidstone too.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
     Accidentally posted on this thread when I meant to post on another. Was up in Glasgow today and my old favourite, Noodles in Sauchiehall Street is very definitely closed. A formica laden cafe they served the best food I've ever tasted 😪
  • Options
    The best meal I have ever had was the taster menu at Menu Gordon Jones in Bath. Fantastic interesting food from a great chef. Closer to home,The Old Bank in Westerham serves great food for a special occasion. I recommend the taster menu. Not cheap, but worth it.
  • Options
    sholland said:
    Square burgers. Had a branch in Lewisham in the 80’s (opposite the clock tower IIRC).

Not sure I would classify it as my favourite restaurant and favourite meal there…
  • Options
    The best meal I have ever had was the taster menu at Menu Gordon Jones in Bath. Fantastic interesting food from a great chef. Closer to home,The Old Bank in Westerham serves great food for a special occasion. I recommend the taster menu. Not cheap, but worth it.
    Agree with the Old Bank. Nice food
  • Options
    sholland said:
    Square burgers. Had a branch in Lewisham in the 80’s (opposite the clock tower IIRC).

Not sure I would classify it as my favourite restaurant and favourite meal there…
    Keep this post more on track,
    After our wedding we stayed in the Grand Hotel Brighton and had a meal in the restaurant. 
    That is probably my favourite place, everything tasted amazing. 
    My current favourite is an Italian restaurant very near me in West Sussex called Fino, run by an Italian family who have been in the hospitality trade for generations. 
  • Options
    Off to Quattordici in chistlehurst next week. Anyone been, any good?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lovely meal at Kitty Fisher's today
     Recommended.
  • Options
    sholland said:
     :D:D:D  
    sholland said:

Keep this post more on track,
    After our wedding we stayed in the Grand Hotel Brighton and had a meal in the restaurant. 
    That is probably my favourite place, everything tasted amazing. 
    My current favourite is an Italian restaurant very near me in West Sussex called Fino, run by an Italian family who have been in the hospitality trade for generations. 
    I  agree, lets keep it on track  :D

It would be awkward if we deviated from the culinary heights of The Grand Hotel Brighton... :D
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Can anyone recommend a really good roast in SE London (preferably not ages away from Blackheath) that doesn't require booking weeks in advance? (Like the Hare & Billet does!)
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Can anyone recommend a really good roast in SE London (preferably not ages away from Blackheath) that doesn't require booking weeks in advance? (Like the Hare & Billet does!)
    Carlton Cole's your man for a recommendation there.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Ashburnham Arms is decent. I think Princess of Wales is too bad personally. Am gutted the Vanbrugh shut as that was great.

Not sure on the Trafalgar or the Yacht in Greenwich, but heard good things about both, though Traf is a bit pricey.

No idea about booking though! And one's judge of a quality roast can vary, of course
  • Options
    Plume of Feathers does a roast. Never had it so don't know if it's any good, but when I've had grub in there before its always been good, so no reason to think the Sunday roast would be any different.
  • Options
    @Chunes have had roasts in every pub in Greenwich (lived here 30 years..) and tbh none of them are 'great'...but....the Cutty Sark pub and Old Brewery (in the naval college) are probably two of the better ones... If you can get on a train, then I would definitely recommend Blacklock Chops, train to London Bridge, cross the river and the city branch is just there on the right...15/20mins from B'heath...
  • Options
    Luca, Clerkenwell.

Went there on Saturday lunchtime, brilliant food and the friendliest staff in London.

Special occasion job.
  • Options
    It's got to be hawksmoor and the chateaubriand with bearnaise sauce and beef dripping fries with mac and cheese.
    A close second to Tramshed for me. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I went to Pizarro in Bermondsey last week and it was brilliant. Recommended for those who like their tapas. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I went there a few weeks back. I thought the food, atmosphere and service was terrific. Will definitely be going back. 
  • Options
    I went there a few weeks back. I thought the food, atmosphere and service was terrific. Will definitely be going back. 
    👌 good to hear
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I have just started to work through the MIchelin bib gourmand restaurants; they are recomended for quality and service but not quite at the star class.   Went to Kateh in Little Venice a Persian restuarant for an anniversary last week and it was great food, great service, 3 course for 2 - £112.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Chilli crab in Jumbo Seafood on the Changi Road in Singapore. Basic formica table canteen style place, but the crab was so good that i didnt even touch my cold beer until I was 3/4 through it. amazing dish. Was about 2002 though, so no idea if its even still there.

Btw, somewone posted a question about Guernsey restaurant recco's the other day, but i cant find it now. If you see this, The slaughterhouse on the quayside in St Peter Port was excellent six years ago, having just opened. The old mechanical workings of the abbatoir are still a feature, so its not a place for vegetarians. Ive checked its still going, and it's a great location too.https://www.slaughterhouse.gg/
    I spent six month on the island, eating out every day, and not once did I get a meal than was less than very good, even at modest prices. It's a great place for food.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Had the ultimate experience at Hell's kitchen, Dubai, in Ceasars Palace hotel. A friend is a high end travel rep, so he organised the evening. Head chef served a tasting of every dish, went with the signature Beef Wellington for main, then the HC served our table with desserts, lighting up the Bombe Alaska. Incredible experience. 
    Other than that, kebabs! 
  • Options
    edited June 2022