Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Billy Clarke signs (ed. P6 - released, signs for Bradford)

1234568»

Comments

• We wouldn't have paid his contract up, Bradford would have taken it on.
  • edited September 2019
    https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/17916901.amp

Sounds like he is struggling to find a club, really hope he finds one soon, really surprised Bolton didnt take him with their issues
  • Such a shame. He deserves better.
  • edited September 2019
    With Bolton not signing him, someone like Rochdale could do with a player like Clarke. Only around 40 miles from where he lives, not too far to travel. A club that is often fighting at the wrong end of the table, having an influential player like Clarke (if fit) could be the difference between a usual season and one where they could push for top half. 
  • Saw Billy play for Bradford quite a few times, always liked him. Good luck sir
  • Let's be honest.  After injury his career in the league is over.
  • Remember this next time Golfie or someone else slags off players for taking a better paying job when they can.
    100%
  • Remember this next time Golfie or someone else slags off players for taking a better paying job when they can.
    Unfortunately yes, very true. Football player’s career could be over at any point. One bad injury in training or in a match and that could be it.

Clarke however does still have something to offer and I think if he gets a club, gets looked after, he could still have a couple of years left in the game. That could be the difference between struggling a bit after football or being a bit more comfortable.

Wish him all the luck in the world though, Billy is a great lad who deserves far better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Short term deal with Plymouth, came on for ten minutes.

This has probably been posted on this thread but makes you feel for him... https://www.theleaguepaper.com/featured/10486/billy-clarke-back-on-the-promotion-trail-for-charlton-athletic/

After doing all that hard work not being able to get near the decent level he was playing at.
  • Cracking player at fourth tier level. Should do very well at Plymouth if he can get anywhere near the level he was at before injury.
  • Delighted he got a deal.

After that interview saying he was struggling to find a club I feared for him.

Was really looking forward to him playing for us until he got the injury.

Hope he gets back to his best
  • Just a shame its a club down South again as I guess he wont have his family with him
  • BILLY Clarke has left Plymouth Argyle.

The experienced forward, 32, and the club have mutually agreed to end his short-term contract a few days before it was due to expire in order to allow Billy to pursue other opportunities.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2020/january/billy-moves-on/

Rumoured to be signing for Grimsby Town.

• Signed for Grimsby
  • Signed for Grimsby
    Blimey, thats some move. From South Devon to N. Lincolnshire. I hope his missus likes fish.
  • Signed for Grimsby
    Blimey, thats some move. From South Devon to N. Lincolnshire. I hope his missus likes fish.
    His family would have stayed up North (same with what happened when he signed for us) so probably a good location for him
  • Now back with Bradford. Scored a pen at the weekend.