Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Billy Clarke signs (ed. P6 - released, signs for Bradford)

Comments

• Welcome Billy. Glad to hear KM having her say on the matter. It's great to hear what she has to say about the footballing side. That bit about Key Passes was particularly insightful!

The key passes per game thing does sound a bit like damning with faint praise, and to be honest I'm not 100% sure what actually constitutes a 'key pass'... buuuuut... we have, for quite some time now, been lacking a player who gets his head up and tries to pass ball forwards to get teammates into positions to get goals and assists.

Never seen him play so can't say if he's good or not, but nice to get one in te building, hopefully quite a few more to follow in double quick time.
  • Well, it's nice to have an actual signing rather than just rumours, but I'm not getting excited yet.
  • Valley11 said:

Primary target in number 10 role? I thought that was Reeves.

It was Reeves. KR has been banging on about getting Reeves as our no 10 since January.
  • Valley11 said:

Primary target in number 10 role? I thought that was Reeves.

It was Reeves. KR has been banging on about getting Reeves as our no 10 since January.
    We're still after reeves so Crawley has said also very very keen on Marshall
  • edited June 2017

Anybody got some honest assessment of the guy as Idon't know anythingabout him. Are Bradford fans unhappy?

Bradford fans are generally pleased he's off.

Comments ranging from I'll drive him there myself, we've robbed them if they are paying a fee, to it's probably best for all parties.

He may be decent, but he's no Reeves. He can't shoot like Reeves.
  • “Getting in a player that can play the number 10 role behind the striker ........."
    Well done Katie, that's how to set up a team, striker at the front others behind.
  • Is he injured yet?
  • Is he injured yet?

Give it till Tuesday
  • Hope we have a 'Katie's comments' piece after every new signing.
  • Never seen him play but can I just say, better than Watt.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

Totally whelmed.
    Not over or under just whelmed

Couldn't have put it better myself.

We need a squad, and that includes depth in attacking positions. He provides that.

If we go on to sign Reeves and Martin and Marshall and keep Holmes and Magennis this looks like a very shrewd bit of business. If not, then...yeah.
    Agree
  • Welcome Billy, hope you do well for us! Hopefully more to come
  • Welcome Billy as to any new player, hopefully with a few more additions we might have a decent squad + Holmes stays.
  • SDAddick said:

Totally whelmed.

We need a squad, and that includes depth in attacking positions. He provides that.

If we go on to sign Reeves and Martin and Marshall and keep Holmes and Magennis this looks like a very shrewd bit of business. If not, then...yeah.
    Martin?
  • Scoham said:

SDAddick said:

Totally whelmed.

Martin?
    MK Dons keeper.
  • Scoham said:

SDAddick said:

Totally whelmed.

Martin?
    MK Dons keeper.
    Ay, think he'd be a decent pick-up on a free. Something like 30/31 years old, a lot of experience at this level, and has been promoted and played in the Championship. Not a world beater, but the kind of keeper who I think would provide good competition for Dillon Phillips. Right now our three 'keepers are Phillips (21), Beeney (19), and Maynard-Brewer (18). Er, ages are approximate--but clearly we need a bit of experience there.
  • Well I can play in the no10 role, but you wouldn't want me too. What do other Bradford fans think = are they upset? Anybody know?

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/15335472.Experienced_duo_poised_for_Bradford_City_exit/#comments-anchor

Clarke hardly gets mentioned in the comments (which are basically all about McArdle) which suggests that they're not that bothered...
    That is quite often the acid test!
  • Anybody got some honest assessment of the guy as Idon't know anythingabout him. Are Bradford fans unhappy?

I read one comment on their fans forum that said "he takes too long to recover from injury and then gets injured again".....
  • Meire is so full of shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

SDAddick said:

Totally whelmed.

Martin?
    MK Dons keeper.
    Of course. Was thinking of outfield players.
  • I saw him play for Crawley a few times when they were doing well in L1. He has a good touch and is quite classy at times but he can fade when it gets tough or physical.
  • bugger me I should have been more awake, that guy I'm sure was at the training ground Tuesday Evening .... doh, my one chance of a snippet and I blew it......... I thought in the flesh he looked to old to be a player, certainly too old for one we'd sign :wink:
  • To be fair, he sounds like the sort of experienced L1 journeyman that we could use to push for promotion, and the jury's out until he's kicked a ball in anger for 90 minutes...

And, if our all-knowing, beloved CEO is to be believed, we can look forward to a long season of pumping long balls up to Josh so Billy can get on the end of his knock downs.

Exciting times
  • He might be as pony as Tucerdean or Messiesque I won't know until the owner sells, then I'll come along to have a look!
  • Nothing against the new signing, but the most disappointing thing was to read that Meire is still active at the football club.
  • I wish I could regain some interest and enthusiasm for when we sign players, this wasn't even the first thread i opened.
  • A powell style signing for me.