Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Billy Clarke signs (ed. P6 - released, signs for Bradford)

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to him. Hope it works out well.

Skillful but lightweight and usually injured so not much of a loss to us.
  • Options
    Sad to see him go. wish well back at Bradford.
  • Options
    We needs the young legs of Lapslie and Morgan in the 18 and Clarke did well before his injury but he is behind Williams, Reeves, Cullen, Pratley, Fosu, Bielik so giving him a chance to play 1st team football at Bradford where his family is makes sense for Billy and Cafc.

A year is a long time in Football. Just ask Karlan Grant who was pictured with handcuffs on in Foreign parts just 7 months ago !
  • Options

We needs the young legs of Lapslie and Morgan in the 18 and Clarke did well before his injury but he is behind Williams, Reeves, Cullen, Pratley, Fosu, Bielik so giving him a chance to play 1st team football at Bradford where his family is makes sense for Billy and Cafc.

A year is a long time in Football. Just ask Karlan Grant who was pictured with handcuffs on in Foreign parts just 7 months ago !

What I dont like though is all those mentioned have been missing through injury at some stage this season whilst Williams has had his injury issues over recent years

Am very wary of this approach saying he's well down the pecking order when only a month ago we had serious lack of cover in Midfield due to that reason

Really hope it doesnt come back to bite us as we're pretty much pinning our hopes on there being minimal injuries for the rest of the season when thats not been the case so far
  • Options
    All the best Billy!
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Only makes sense for the squad if his wages were being freed up for an incoming player, as we now know thats not the case so all it has done is weakened the depth of the squad and reduced Rolands outgoings.

Surely, Clarke leaving freed up his wages to pay for bringing in Parker?

The Grant (+ Ajose part) wages together, were to pay for signing Mo Eisa, which fell through at the last minute.

The budget for the 5th loan space hasn't been used - can't even blame Roland for that.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Only makes sense for the squad if his wages were being freed up for an incoming player, as we now know thats not the case so all it has done is weakened the depth of the squad and reduced Rolands outgoings.

Surely, Clarke leaving freed up his wages to pay for bringing in Parker?

The Grant (+ Ajose part) wages together, were to pay for signing Mo Eisa, which fell through at the last minute.

The budget for the 5th loan space hasn't been used - can't even blame Roland for that.
    Think your probably right @Oggy Red . Just annoying that all this has to happen last minute, and we've ended up two men down. Most clubs are in the same boat i guess. This is a good opportunity for Reeco to get some game time though, so lets see what he's all about
  • Options
    Billy looked good before his ACL

Lets give him a good reception tomorrow
  • Options
    Billy looked good before his ACL

Lets give him a good reception tomorrow
    It wasn't his fault, but he played 20 odd games for us, not quite sure he deserves a good reception. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hands up if you are going to give this man a brilliant reception at The Valley tomorrow... We're looking forward to seeing you, @billyclarke7 #cafc

• Options
    I have to be honest and say I thought he was a bit too limited before his injury. But I wish him well after tomorrow.
  • Options
    Billy Who? 
  • Options
    No reason not to. Didn't really fulfil his potential with us & didn't leave us for more money or leave us in the lurch. Just hoping he doesn't score the winner against us.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    No reason not to. Didn't really fulfil his potential with us & didn't leave us for more money or leave us in the lurch. Just hoping he doesn't score the winner against us.
    Yep what sort of knob would leave us for money , why not stay here on a lower salary 
    I wonder if Josh Magennis  left us for more money ?
    That worked out well.

Ps. Still think the booing of Ricky Holmes was just so wrong.

• Options
    Polite token applause as his name is announced will suffice!
  • Options
    Hope there’s an applause on the 10th minute. 
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    Hope there’s an applause on the 10th minute. 
    When we score our opener
  • Options
    Just received a really warm reception from the North Stand as he ran down to warm up for the first time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just received a really warm reception from the North Stand as he ran down to warm up for the first time
    Sang his name too
  • Options
    Lots of post match love for him from fans, players and management was obviously well liked within the club!
  • Options
    Was watching him at the end of the game and was properly embracing each of the players and Bowyer, was nice to see
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Proper footballer has a tattoo sleeve. 
    Yeah thats normally what our scouts are told to look out for. 
  • Options
    Been released by Bradford and not offered a new contract for next season.
  • Options
    So, not good enough for a League 2 side or wages a problem.....??
  • Options
    So, not good enough for a League 2 side or wages a problem.....??
    I'd presume the latter seeing he's not played in League Two since 2012
  • Options
    Been released by Bradford and not offered a new contract for next season.
    Slightly surprised they've let him go, you'd have though he could do a job in L2 next season for them

He certainly struggled when I saw him play for us after his injury. I notice Chicksen has been released as well
  • Options
    Suspect it might be financial. 

Didn't we pay up his contract to allow him to move.