Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackheath Tea Hut

Great memories of caining a burger up there at 4am in the past. It's taken a bit of damage this evening though -

Photo deleted 

Comments

• That's always been my late night pit stop when coming home from doing call outs.  Hope they get it back up and running quickly. 
  • Not the first time it’s been damaged. Hope everyone is ok and they get back up and running soon. 
  • E_cafc said:
    That's always been my late night pit stop when coming home from doing call outs.  Hope they get it back up and running quickly. 
    Think we might've dined there together a couple of times, well oiled mate? Used to go up there with Reecey early hours after a late one in the Horse
  • Whoever that is on the floor doesn't look like they're doing too well 
  • DIVERSION- Bus route 53 is on diversion due to an incident at Shooters Hill Road. Buses are diverted in both directions via Stratheden Road, Prince of Wales Road, Blackheath Village, Lee Terrace and Belmont Hill.

https://twitter.com/TfLBusAlerts/status/1214641286935908352

• I've deleted the photo. 
  • E_cafc said:
    That's always been my late night pit stop when coming home from doing call outs.  Hope they get it back up and running quickly. 
    Think we might've dined there together a couple of times, well oiled mate? Used to go up there with Reecey early hours after a late one in the Horse
    Yes mate,  we certainly did. 
    Why?
  • Sad sight to see, hope everybody involved is ok. 
    Why?
    Only seen it on me phone so can't see the details. I thought it only showed the car and the hut
  • Sponsored links:

Why?
    Only seen it on me phone so can't see the details. I thought it only showed the car and the hut
    It did 
    Why?
    It looks like there's someone lying on the floor in front of the car, being "assisted" by someone.
    Why?
    It looks like there's someone lying on the floor in front of the car, being "assisted" by someone.
    Sorry, I wouldn't have stuck it up if I see that
    Why?
    The fact that no one else seems to care I thought that was someone looking at the car rather than a person 
    Why?
    The fact that no one else seems to care I thought that was someone looking at the car rather than a person 
    Just zoomed in on the PC, there is someone lying there Dave mate. They're in dark clothing so hard to see
  • Fair enough 
  • God. Used to walk up there speeding my t*ts off back in the day at silly o clock...
  • Sponsored links:

• Sadly I have read the woman working there has been rushed to kings in a ‘very bad way’. 
  • Sadly I have read the woman working there has been rushed to kings in a ‘very bad way’. 
    Fingers crossed for all involved.

Can't see how a motor can be going that fast around that area at that time of the day, to cause so much damage. Even though it is on a junction
  • Am I the only one who has never heard of this tea hut before? 
    If you approach Greenwich Park from the Heath side you'll recognise it immediately.

Well, you would have until last night. 
  • Completey flattened now.
  • Curb_It said:
    You would’ve seen it AFKA. Unless you drive past blindfolded!

i don’t agree with the fund raising pages being set up to raise money for the owners. This may sound bad but they can hardly be skint and surely the insurance will cover it. 

I’d have thought they would have insurance but perhaps given the nature of the location and the fact it was destroyed in a similar way a number of years ago, perhaps there are limitations to what it covers. 

When the little cafe in Charlton Park was seriously vandalised early last year, it turned out that the insurance didn’t cover the building due to the perceived flimsy wooden construction of it - hence the crowdfunding there to help get them up and running again. 

Whatever the circumstances, I wish them well and those injured a full recovery.