Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackheath Tea Hut

Comments

• Rizzo said:
    Suspect it's getting in the way of something they want to do with the land.
    Such as? It's a pretty dull looking expanse of grass at present. The tea hut is barely visible.
  • Don't why this Blackheath Society mob wouldn't want to raise a bit of money to help tidy it up a bit. Hard standing car park for a few cars, with a nice picket fence round. Would have looked nice there and still provided a service to the community, if all they were worried about was the aesthetics
  • Rizzo said:
    You think someone has paid someone else to deliberately drive into it?
  • Rizzo said:
    Such as? It's a pretty dull looking expanse of grass at present. The tea hut is barely visible.
    No idea, but this bit from the post that was quoted led me to believe it might be the case: "A lorry drivers' tea hut is the only fly in the ointment in a 50 year multi-million pound improvement plan for Blackheath."
  • Want to like and lol.
  • Rizzo said:
    You think someone has paid someone else to deliberately drive into it?
    Possibly but it sounds more like it was some tit in a Merc who decided the traffic was too slow and wanted to overtake, probably whilst on his mobile.
  • Number plate on the merc being:

BH 50 C 1
  • Number plate on the merc being:

BH 50 C 1
    Tried entering at https://rate-driver.co.uk but not a valid reg apparently.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Blackheath Society have been trying to close it for years, saying its an eyesore and a traffic hazard. Any new hut will need planning permission so expect a row about that. Used to do fabulous sausage sandwiches. 
    This is why it must be supported and remain.
  • edited January 2020
    Number plate on the merc being:

BH 50 C 1
    Tried entering at https://rate-driver.co.uk but not a valid reg apparently.
    Think that maybe this a slight whoosh moment.
  • The home of the Pineapple Cheese Burger, which I have been eating for over 40 years. A little bit of our local history, that I’ve visited with many a lady in the early hours over the years.  I’m sure it will return... 
    Something worthy of your username!

Hope everyone isn't too seriously injured 
  • Having that burger on way back from Venue or west end is a right of passage 😂
  • Am I the only one who has never heard of this tea hut before? 
    Seriously?!

Everyone in a 50 mile radius has heard of it!

Seriously. seems like i am the only one!

Where exactly position wise is it?

• edited January 2020
    Coming from Blackheath hill as you get into the heath the road forks either across the heath or down to Greenwich park ( do u know where that is !!)The hut was opposite where that junction was more or less
  • Sponsored links:

Seriously?!

Opposite the road turning where you bear left off the A2 towards Greenwich Park. 
    Seriously?!

@AF@AFKABartram from Hare and Billet, take the road that leads away from tbs village and towards Rangers House, Gaffer Road I think and the hut is on junction at the end of that with the old A2
  • @AFKABartram
    Up and over Shooters Hill.
    Keep on keeping on.
    Round the big roundabout (Sun in the Sands) over the Blackwall tunnel approach motorway.
    Keep on keeping on you emerge in the open space of Blackheath.
    Keep on still straight, across the mini (ish) roundabout in the middle of the open area near where the fair would be (on the right as you travel into London).
    Past where the Donkey rides would have been on the right, continue on until the wall to Greenwich Park turns north and downhill towards the river going past the Rangers House, and more or less opposite that bit, on the left, is where the tea hut was. Before you turn down Crooms Hill into Greenwich.
  • My friend Peter Hannan was the owner of the hut for many years, Peter was a great Charlton supporter and was at the 1947 FA cup victory.
  • The latest I’ve been advised.

Three bikers hit and the girl working there has a broken breast plate, broken legs and severe burns on her back. Car had no valid mot so any insurance is void.

Fecker!
  • I think if you took @AFKABartram there himself he would still miss it.
  • edited January 2020

o    Local historian and BJWP member Neil Rhind said: "Blackheath was recently decreed a World Heritage Site and it seems a pity the squalor of the tea hut is there to blight it."

Neil Rhind needs to piss off back to whatever posh West London hole he got priced out off,
  • bloodnut said:
    I think if you took @AFKABartram there himself he would still miss it.

The grass around it, does look a bit long.