Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackheath Tea Hut

Comments

• Options
    Remember stopping at 2 in the morning after a very long day, had a sausage roll and a tea. Probably  the best i ever tasted. Haven't been in years, passed it  quite a lot, always looked busy. Remember the Blackheath mob had all the post put in on the side of the heath so drivers couldn't stop. WANKERS

Never stopped & popped in there but when driving past I've always thought that it was in a dodgy position. You cant park right outside & if you do decide last minutes you want something to eat you've probably gone past it & can't stop or pull in anywhere as you've already gone past the side road.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who has never heard of this tea hut before? 
    Blimey    ... 
  • Options
    Interesting suggestion to use the derelict building over the road (Greenwich Parks or Greenwich Council owned?).

Would need to consider whether parking where people currently do and crossing the road works. Probably wouldn’t want another set of pedestrian lights on that road, 

nice thought though if the costs could be the same. No one needs another poncy brunch place
  • Options
    Because it might need planning permission, which'll mean the plans will need to be publicly available to view for consultation before the decision is made? Not sure what the rules are in a situation like this, in terms of how similar to the original the replacement needs to be to be covered by permitted development.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Because it might need planning permission, which'll mean the plans will need to be publicly available to view for consultation before the decision is made? Not sure what the rules are in a situation like this, in terms of how similar to the original the replacement needs to be to be covered by permitted development.
    I'm sure if they built a like for like replacement then it wouldn't be an issue as the previous one had been there for 96 years. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    i understand how planning permission works, i just felt that, with their history regarding the tea hut, the statement came across that they believe they should be presented with ANY plans for the rebuild as if they are the ones who will approve it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A little update on the tea hut. The video's well worth half an hour of your time.

• Options
    Just seen this thread and was wondering if it is the same hut that I used to visit when I was at school (1956-60) and we played our school (Charlton Secondary) football matches on a Saturday morning. I used to love a sausage sandwich (minced sausage with tomato sauce) after the game. If it is, it certainly brings back memories
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Just seen this thread and was wondering if it is the same hut that I used to visit when I was at school (1956-60) and we played our school (Charlton Secondary) football matches on a Saturday morning. I used to love a sausage sandwich (minced sausage with tomato sauce) after the game. If it is, it certainly brings back memories

It was there then, I played football on Blackheath around the same time.
  • Options
    Unless theres parking near the toilet block they intend to convert, crossing the road could be a bit iffy.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Unless theres parking near the toilet block they intend to convert, crossing the road could be a bit iffy.
    Well, surely it always was a problem, it would just be on the other side of the road?
  • Options
    It's this one yeah? From the looks of it, it should be ok to park up on the Greenwich Park side of it, but there'd probably need to be some signage up by the current location to direct people to park on that side in the short term.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    There used to be a lay bye outside the toilet block to avoid parked cars blocking the road when the coaches full of tourists came down. To be honest we always used to park in this lay bye when we used the tea hut. Bite to eat, quick piss and back on the road.
  • Options
    Right, I’m straight off for a bacon bitty and some tea bread when I get home
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not bitty now bitty later
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    There's a toilet block by the tea hut?! Or do we mean one inside the park? I had no idea if it's outside the park, and would have come in handy on many occasions late at night when I was younger. 
  • Options
    Blackheath t hut used to break my walk back from venue on many occasion.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    There's a toilet block by the tea hut?! Or do we mean one inside the park? I had no idea if it's outside the park, and would have come in handy on many occasions late at night when I was younger. 
    Old toilet block by the pond has been closed for years . The one just inside the park gates is 20p to enter, card only!. No facility for cash which was a bit awkward the first time i needed to use it.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Old toilet block by the pond has been closed for years . The one just inside the park gates is 20p to enter, card only!. No facility for cash which was a bit awkward the first time i needed to use it.
    You walked past dozens of bushes to pay 20p for a piss ?
  • Options
    In some parks people will pay to watch you having a piss.
  • Options
    Not for a dump though. 
  • Options
    It's back?
    Great news, part of my youth was that but.