Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackheath Tea Hut

Comments

• Curb_It said:
    You would’ve seen it AFKA. Unless you drive past blindfolded!

i don’t agree with the fund raising pages being set up to raise money for the owners. This may sound bad but they can hardly be skint and surely the insurance will cover it. 

You would think the car driver's insurance would pay, assuming the driver had insurance.  If not, there's compensation available for people affected by uninsured drivers, I believe.
    Assuming it was the fault of the car driver (which it probably was) but we just don’t know the circumstances. No doubt the investigation will uncover all this. 
  • Not a traffic plod but my guess is the tea hut didn't jump out in front on the car
    No but the car driver may have had to manoeuvre suddenly to avoid something or someone in the road. Unlikely I know and he was probably driving like a nutter but all speculation until we know what caused it. If it’s true that it was uninsured, then possibly something dodgy. 
  • Tom_Hovi said:
    Not a traffic plod but my guess is the tea hut didn't jump out in front on the car
    No but the car driver may have had to manoeuvre suddenly to avoid something or someone in the road. Unlikely I know and he was probably driving like a nutter but all speculation until we know what caused it. If it’s true that it was uninsured, then possibly something dodgy. 
    In most cases that would still be the driver's fault.  If you can't stop while driving in a straight line, it's usually your fault. 
  • Tom_Hovi said:
    Curb_It said:
    You would’ve seen it AFKA. Unless you drive past blindfolded!

i don’t agree with the fund raising pages being set up to raise money for the owners. This may sound bad but they can hardly be skint and surely the insurance will cover it. 

You would think the car driver's insurance would pay, assuming the driver had insurance.  If not, there's compensation available for people affected by uninsured drivers, I believe.
    Assuming it was the fault of the car driver (which it probably was) but we just don’t know the circumstances. No doubt the investigation will uncover all this. 
    https://www.mib.org.uk/

This mob might be useful.
  • The latest I’ve been advised.

Three bikers hit and the girl working there has a broken breast plate, broken legs and severe burns on her back. Car had no valid mot so any insurance is void.

Fecker!
    It's been a while since I did motor insurance law but I think I'm right in saying that if the car was insured the injuries at least would be picked up by the insurers as the whole purpose of the law is to protect third parties and it is not deemed to be appropriate to deny cover to third parties due to the actions of the insured driver. He would not be able to claim for any damage to his own vehicle though and is likely to be prosecuted for driving without an MOT. 
  • Not a traffic plod but my guess is the tea hut didn't jump out in front on the car
    You'd be surprised what a "cut and pasted" statement would read...................... or maybe you wouldn't! ;)
  • Rizzo said:
    The latest I’ve been advised.

Three bikers hit and the girl working there has a broken breast plate, broken legs and severe burns on her back. Car had no valid mot so any insurance is void.

Fecker!
    It's been a while since I did motor insurance law but I think I'm right in saying that if the car was insured the injuries at least would be picked up by the insurers as the whole purpose of the law is to protect third parties and it is not deemed to be appropriate to deny cover to third parties due to the actions of the insured driver. He would not be able to claim for any damage to his own vehicle though and is likely to be prosecuted for driving without an MOT. 
    Let’s hope you’re right!
  • Sponsored links:

• Rizzo said:
    The latest I’ve been advised.

Fecker!
    Let’s hope you’re right!
    https://www.mib.org.uk/

I posted this link higher up the thread thinking I was replying to this series of quotes but on checking it was a different one.

One hopes the Motor Insurers Bureau will do the decent thing if there are insurance complications for any reason.
  • Remember stopping at 2 in the morning after a very long day, had a sausage roll and a tea. Probably  the best i ever tasted. Haven't been in years, passed it  quite a lot, always looked busy. Remember the Blackheath mob had all the post put in on the side of the heath so drivers couldn't stop. WANKERS

• Am I the only one who has never heard of this tea hut before? 
    Seriously?!

Everyone in a 50 mile radius has heard of it!

Seriously. seems like i am the only one!

Where exactly position wise is it?

Honestly thought this was a wooosh.  Sorry, but from now AFKABartram your Sarf London credentials are seriously in question. 
    Don’t claim any South London credentials tbh. I streetviewed where it was, I don’t think I’ve ever drove on the A2 road behind the roundabout that’s leads to Maize Hill / Blackheath. It goes to New Cross FFS!

Any journey into London I’ve always gone the lower way via Greenwich, Creek Rd etc. 

Too many Millwall on this site...
    Very true and now we know why admin allow and encourage them.

#millwalllife
  • I'm glad The Blackheath Society has finally been outed as one of the most fascist and dangerous organisations in Britain.

Now don't get me started on the Hextable Residents Association...
  • seth plum said:
    Maize?
    WTF.
    He’s gone all vegan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Am I the only one who has never heard of this tea hut before? 
    Seriously?!

Everyone in a 50 mile radius has heard of it!

Seriously. seems like i am the only one!

Where exactly position wise is it?

Honestly thought this was a wooosh.  Sorry, but from now AFKABartram your Sarf London credentials are seriously in question. 
    Don’t claim any South London credentials tbh. I streetviewed where it was, I don’t think I’ve ever drove on the A2 road behind the roundabout that’s leads to Maize Hill / Blackheath. It goes to New Cross FFS!

Any journey into London I’ve always gone the lower way via Greenwich, Creek Rd etc. 

Too many Millwall on this site...
    Very true and now we know why admin allow and encourage them.

#millwalllife  #rehabilitation #careinthecommunity #prisonsarefull 

• Me and a mate used to stop there fairly regularly on our way home a good few years back, until the time he got food poisoning and was in all sorts of trouble for a few weeks. The only thing it could’ve been was the burger he’d got from there, so I don’t suppose he will be losing any sleep at this news!
  • All this takes me back to my time "doing the knowledge". Stopped there many times on a cold winters day for a hot cup of tea, and a sausage sarney, with plenty of brown sauce.  They cannot let it not be rebuilt, it is PART of Blackheath.
  • AFKA you obviously didnt go disco dancing down the Old Kent Road back in the day... obligatory stop off.  

• edited January 2020
    Would quite often stop there back in the early 1990s. Usually after getting smashed at the venue and walking back to Eltham due to having no money for a cab home. Their food was significantly cheaper than a taxi!
  • Chunes said:
    I'm glad The Blackheath Society has finally been outed as one of the most fascist and dangerous organisations in Britain.

Do you mean the Hextable People's Front? Or The People's Front of Hextable? 
  • E_cafc said:
    Chunes said:
    I'm glad The Blackheath Society has finally been outed as one of the most fascist and dangerous organisations in Britain.

Splitter!
  • muppetman said:
    E_cafc said:
    Chunes said:

Splitter!
    Nobody and I mean NOBODY takes the rise out of the HPF “you have been warned”
  • seth plum said:
    Maize?
    WTF.
    Technically he is right. I have the map.

• Always liked and hope all is well.