Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jason Pearce signs a contract extension (to 2021)

Comments

• great news .. he'll be needed
  • Good news.
  • Good news
  • Good news
  • Great news
    I wouldn’t go over the top....
  • Sponsored links:

• That’s good then.
  • Good news
  • Stupendous piece of news 
  • I still see that header in the final seconds of the play-off final, as the ball was dropping into our area he came rushing out from deep and put a decisive head on it to clear it miles from danger!

• I still see that header in the final seconds of the play-off final, as the ball was dropping into our area he came rushing out from deep and put a decisive head on it to clear it miles from danger!

That was Purrington. There’s a clip from the Sunderland end somewhere that confirmed it.
  • Lee Bowyer said he wasnt letting what happened with Aribo happen again, and a few days later Pearce signs, great news
  • Great news
    He is our skipper, an experienced head, has played this level, a good motivator and leader and I still have significant doubts on Sarr’s ability to not be a liability at this level so think he will be needed a lot.

hope it is the first with Taylor and Djiksteel to follow.
  • Well that puts the rumours of him joining Sunderland / Portsmouth to bed
  • Nice one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great news
    He is our skipper, an experienced head, has played this level, a good motivator and leader and I still have significant doubts on Sarr’s ability to not be a liability at this level so think he will be needed a lot.

hope it is the first with Taylor and Djiksteel to follow.

• Good news though he wouldn't be top of my list of players I'd want to sign contract extensions. Interestingly that's the second contract extension he's signed since he joined us in 2016
  • Good news though he wouldn't be top of my list of players I'd want to sign contract extensions. Interestingly that's the second contract extension he's signed since he joined us in 2016
    So??? I don't get your point. He's obviously happy, and doesn't want to move.

I thought we wanted players who wanted to play for the shirt...
  • Excellent news ... well pleased with that. 
  • Important to sign up our captain and first choice centre half.
  • RobRob
    edited July 2019
    Very good news

Just noting that it's a real rarity that he's signed 2 contract extensions while he's been here, indeed since the Curbishley era has anyone done this, other than ex academy players?

Just noting that it's a real rarity that he's signed 2 contract extensions while he's been here, indeed since the Curbishley era has anyone done this, other than ex academy players?
    Solly has I think 
  • Very very good news. 
  • Very Very Very good news