Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Pearce signs a contract extension (to 2021)

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    He would always be in my team and I’ve been saying that since the start of the season. Fans who don’t rate him are just stupid. He leads and is a warrior. Of course he makes a mistake from time to time - but so what, all players make mistakes. He still only 33 and can play at centre half at League 1 level for 2 more seasons. 
  • Options
    He really has stuck by us when alot would have got out asap and for that he will always be abit of a legend

I would love pearcey to be part of jackos long term coaching team already proper charlton and a real character

and i remember something about pratley coming back one day to coach when he hangs up his boots what a team they could all be with jacko and euell 
  • Options
    Pearcy is this year's Chiellini!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Pearcy is this year's Chiellini!

Love that comparison Mendonca it's a LOL but at Third tier level it's spot on.
    Jason has steps back up to the plate and is putting his body on the line. It will be a tough game next week against some very lively strikers. Good luck Johnnie sorting out how to set up the defence against Plymouth. 

• Options
    He's never been bad and always dependable. He got player of the month in the Championship 18 months ago 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    He's never been bad and always dependable. He got player of the month in the Championship 18 months ago 
    18 months ago is a long time in a career that lasts on average 18 years. That's almost 10% of his career ago. 
  • Options
    I'm one that had basically written him off but you cant ignore the fact that he has come into the starting line up and done absolutely nothing wrong. I'm even starting to relax a bit when he is on the ball or has an attacker running at him ( cue the penalty next week 😂 ) top Mark's from me for both performances and effort
  • Options
    One of the most disappointing recent things (and it is a pretty broad field) has been the criticism of Pearcey. Some of it was valid but to me he looked like he was single handidly trying to hold together a back line and as a result was getting exposed for things taht others should have been doing.

His current role brings out all the nouse and experience and will not get him having to chase far faster players. He is decent enough on the ball to not mess up on recieving and distributing when in an bit of space and his spacial awareness is good enugh that he will find that space.

If you look at recent games he is so obviously respected by the other players he looks like he picks out those under pressure or young or new and gives them extra hugs and support during and after games. Like Jacko nobody seems to have a bad word to say against him.

Really pleased for him.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Captain’s performance yesterday! Quality! 
    And the Jason Pearce is magic song was sung loud and proud ! 
  • Options
    Thought he was superb yesterday, being so close to the action in those side seats was a great reminder of how hard they work.
    Carry on Captain. 
  • Options
     Agree with others that he does look better in the middle of a back three.

His 34th birthday coming up in December.