Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Pearce signs a contract extension (to 2021)

Comments

• Options
    Not good, need a CB desperately as it is!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    even more reason for the management to seriously, urgently look for a central defender .. preferably over 6/2", experience of the lower divisions and a tough guy .. make no mistake, we are back in the trenches where we'll need lots of muscle and effort all over the field, especially at the back
  • Options
    Of course the salary cap (which gives us the same maximum budget as clubs like Fleetwood) means we can’t just sign a replacement without reducing our budget for other positions.

We going to need a few versatile players and some good academy players coming through.

The alternative is to sign u21 players, either stand out players from smaller clubs or those dropping down for first team football as they aren’t counted as part of the salary cap. Not many of those that we could sign are going to be proven though.
  • Options
    Not good, need a CB desperately as it is!
    Can’t name any names but we offered a contract to an experienced defender but deal has been shelved whilst embargo is still in place. Get the impression it won’t happen anymore. 
  • Options
    I opened this this page because I thought Jason had signed a new contract, not out injured 
  • Options
    Anybody know what Roger Johnson's doing ??
    Swearing probably.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
  • Options
    Wish there was a cry button on this forum 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The one position where we are desperately short already, and it's not as if we have anyone other than Pratley who can fill in

I was surprised Toby Stevenson was let go in June. Not Championship standard, but as we were relegated he'd have provided cover at LB and CB this season
  • Options
    That basically leaves us with Deji, until the embargo is lifted we are in big trouble at the back.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Of course the salary cap (which gives us the same maximum budget as clubs like Fleetwood) means we can’t just sign a replacement without reducing our budget for other positions.

We going to need a few versatile players and some good academy players coming through.

The alternative is to sign u21 players, either stand out players from smaller clubs or those dropping down for first team football as they aren’t counted as part of the salary cap. Not many of those that we could sign are going to be proven though.
    Maybe a loan?
  • Options
    What a way to start off the new season.....straight back into injury problems.....I should never have run over that cat!
  • Options
    A few lines 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Maybe a loan?
    I’m sure we’ll get a few in, though I’m not sure what the rules are. I think Richard Cawley said there’s no limit on loan player spend, but we’re currently limited to £1.3k due to the embargo - but I may have got that wrong.
  • Options
    Get on the phone to Brentford and get Charlie Goode in on loan. They've got loads of centre-backs and don't need him. 
  • Options
    Does anyone know if we can sign a player on a non contract basis? 
  • Options
    Bring back Naby 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2020
    SDAddick said:
    Bring back Naby 
    I'm sure he'll take a 70% pay cut to resign :) 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    SDAddick said:
    Bring back Naby 
    I'm sure he'll take a 70% pay cut to resign :) 
    Where there's a will, there's a way ❤️
  • Options
    Naby should set up a Patreon for extra wages 
  • Options
    Who needs defenders when Sandgaard wants to see an attacking style of play.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Maybe a loan?
    I’m sure we’ll get a few in, though I’m not sure what the rules are. I think Richard Cawley said there’s no limit on loan player spend, but we’re currently limited to £1.3k due to the embargo - but I may have got that wrong.
    I thought their wages were included in the overall cap. Would like to know as that would be significant.
  • Options
    I think Pratley may be a CB this season. 

This injury kinda ruins our plans to play 3 at the back I'd say, unless we can slowly convert Purrington into a left sided CB.
  • Options
    Wish there was a cry button on this forum 
    😢
  • Options
    FFS!   It starts again.
  • Options
    You will never get through a season without Pearcy having either a serious injury or a run of niggles. Surprised people are surprised. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Swearing probably.