Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    No expert on Portuguese football but who the bloody hell are FC Famalicao? Capacity of 5000 and seems like they will be competing in the top division for the first time in roughly 25 years. Yes it's the top division but this is a team who are likely to go straight back down and I don't think they could compete in the Champ. 

All that and we don't have the power to financially compete with them? Shows the worrying situation we find ourselves in. 
    What if he wanted £5k a week in Portugal or £7k a week in England?

Maybe he wants to go home and play in his country? 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    No expert on Portuguese football but who the bloody hell are FC Famalicao? Capacity of 5000 and seems like they will be competing in the top division for the first time in roughly 25 years. Yes it's the top division but this is a team who are likely to go straight back down and I don't think they could compete in the Champ. 

All that and we don't have the power to financially compete with them? Shows the worrying situation we find ourselves in. 

Born in Lisbon to Portuguese parents but family moved to London when he was very young.

Brought up in London as a kid and played locally for Bridon Sports when he was 14, before playing in the Spurs academy for 4 years, until he was 20.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Born in Lisbon to Portuguese parents but family moved to London when he was very young.

Brought up in London as a kid and played locally for Bridon Sports when he was 14, before playing in the Spurs academy for 4 years, until he was 20.

Yes i know thats why i said maybe he wants to go home and play in his country. He may feel Portuguese seeing as he was born there and his family are from there? 
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Doesnt want to tempt fate but should be some good news on the signing front
  • Options

I think there will be  a lot of people online today waiting for news. I am starting to think sport reporters have the easiest job in the world. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I see Chuks Aneke being mentioned. I was told he failed a medical at QPR this week. Could be bull but just passing on the info.
    A good player with a bad injury record. Has the ability and athleticism, just can't seem to stay fit. The failed medical wouldn't surprise me but I have zero inside knowledge. 
  • Options

In true Charlton style I’m fully expecting fate to be tempted now... 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Oztumer or Nketiah as per the news CH4RLTON heard...? (i.e. being the deal thats done)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Yes i know thats why i said maybe he wants to go home and play in his country. He may feel Portuguese seeing as he was born there and his family are from there? 
    Not technically his home though is it? His family are in London.
  • Options
    Oztumer +1 according to a well-connected friend.

He said on Tuesday to me that Oztumer would be signing "tomorrow, Thursday latest", I asked him last night what was going on and he told me he didn't know why there was a hold up, but that nothing had changed.

Speculation from me, but I'm guessing they wanted to announce two signings, with Aribo going yesterday...? I dunno how the logic works.
  • Options
    Oztumer announced this week I heard
    Still certain this one of the ones to be annouced today, I heard this was on the Saturday before hand.

If not will look like a right dickhead.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Not technically his home though is it? His family are in London.
    I am not as technical as you 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    I see Chuks Aneke being mentioned. I was told he failed a medical at QPR this week. Could be bull but just passing on the info.
    A good player with a bad injury record. Has the ability and athleticism, just can't seem to stay fit. The failed medical wouldn't surprise me but I have zero inside knowledge. 
    Who's changed his wikipedia to being our number 10 ha
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuks_Aneke
  • Options
    Doubt it will be Nketiah, it's too early in pre-season for teams to be loaning out players.
  • Options
    When is the transfer window for Championship clubs closing? Just wondering if we have any time after the Prem to sign their unwanted youngsters / squad players 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    tgarrat1 said:
    When is the transfer window for Championship clubs closing? Just wondering if we have any time after the Prem to sign their unwanted youngsters / squad players 

Same as the Premier League one. 8th Aug is it?
  • Options
    tgarrat1 said:
    8th August @ 5pm for both permanent transfers and loan deals

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/championship-transfer-window-2019-efl-next-season-premier-league-news-a8911346.html
  • Options
    CAFC players and staff fly off to the sun tomorrow for a bit of pre season training and bonding .. d'you reckon Bowyer has booked a few extra seats on the plane on a sale or return basis ? ((:>)
  • Options
    So expect to wait till end of July for some loans. I know for a fact Cullen is not available for loan at present. After players are assessed in their friendlies they will be kept loaned or sold. We are waiting for the unsolds  and maybes basically
  • Options
    Andy Williams or Serena Williams?
    Andy’s popped his clogs so no appearance bonuses. Roland’s kind of signing. 
    Nope, still playing, 12 goals for Northampton last season.  But nonetheless, Roland's kind of signing
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Williams_(footballer,_born_1986)

Très amusant.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    It never works out well when anyone associated with Charlton makes predictions about signings.
    I'll disprove that:  I predict we won't make anywhere near as many signings as we need.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    It never works out well when anyone associated with Charlton makes predictions about signings.
    I'll disprove that:  I predict we won't make anywhere near as many signings as we need.
    We only need two. I think we will sign more than that and will easy be able to put a team out all season.
  • Options
    Although the squad is ridiculously light right now, i must admit i'm not overly bothered. Still 5 weeks to the first game and almost 6 until the window closes.

Loan signings likely won't happen until the last week of the window which obviously isn't ideal for pre-season planning but plenty of clubs will be in the same boat, waiting and waiting to see who the top flight clubs are willing to offload. I'm confident we can expect at least 3-4 loans.

In terms of actual signings most players aren't out of contract until this weekend anyway, so i'm sure we'll start to see movement in the next week or so. Plus with the way football is now, a lot of clubs outside the premier league and top half of the championship offer shorter contracts now and there will be a ton of decent players out of contract. Clubs surely know that as it gets closer to the season these players will become more desperate to get a contract and might even lower their initial demands.

Look at how we started last season and we pulled through. I fully trust Bowyer and Gallen to get deals done. 
  • Options
    Although the squad is ridiculously light right now, i must admit i'm not overly bothered. Still 5 weeks to the first game and almost 6 until the window closes.

Loan signings likely won't happen until the last week of the window which obviously isn't ideal for pre-season planning but plenty of clubs will be in the same boat, waiting and waiting to see who the top flight clubs are willing to offload. I'm confident we can expect at least 3-4 loans.

In terms of actual signings most players aren't out of contract until this weekend anyway, so i'm sure we'll start to see movement in the next week or so. Plus with the way football is now, a lot of clubs outside the premier league and top half of the championship offer shorter contracts now and there will be a ton of decent players out of contract. Clubs surely know that as it gets closer to the season these players will become more desperate to get a contract and might even lower their initial demands.

Look at how we started last season and we pulled through. I fully trust Bowyer and Gallen to get deals done. 
    We will sign players and I think our squad size will be about 21-22 senior players including Morgan. 

The issue is that to sign the number of players we require, each of those players are paid less because of the budget. We will therefore be signing mid table League 1 players IMO.