Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Katrien Meire leaves Sheffield wednesday

Comments

• It is true that you never know when you will bump into one crazy person, but it is untrue to label Charlton fans in that way. She travelled by train in perfect safety. Yes a bloke had a verbal go at her once after a bad defeat, but other fans kept him in check.

Her problem was she went into the job without the experience, believing that her benefactor and boss was right when he was wrong. That and the arrogance of youth meant she was a disaster. But she isn't mad like Roland is and it is quite possible she has learned a lot the hard way. 

Thankfully she isn't our problem now.
    I agree with most of what you say Muttley, but at 30 years of age it wasn't the arrogance of youth. It was just plain arrogance, and she appears to have lost none of it.
  • In a strange twist, we find that club Brugge owe Aston Villa £44m if they get relegated next season 
  • AshBurton said:You never know when you'll bump into that one crazy man.
    I think you'll find you're the crazy one you cupid stunt
  • cabbles said:
    In a strange twist, we find that club Brugge owe Aston Villa £44m if they get relegated next season 
    That's random. Did they bet Villa £44m they wouldn't get relegated?  ;)
  • Are we sure she isn't just making the sandwiches?
  • Missed It said:

'She will be the operational manager of Club Brugge. She gets control over management on match days, for the stadium, the suppliers, the hospitality industry and the new training center in Westkapelle. Vincent Mannaert remains CEO, but will focus on sporting policy.'

so basically a demotion then.

It seems to be a position that would involve some actual work, so maybe not a role she is best suited to. 
    I would imagine she would have to start at 9am not 1pm when she would swan into the valley on match days.
  • AshBurton said:You never know when you'll bump into that one crazy man.
    I think you'll find you're the crazy one you cupid stunt
    Oi wotch it 
  • I hear Brugge fans are up in arms already because of no promise of house music.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    I hear Brugge fans are up in arms already because of no promise of house music.

Sex on the pitch house music on in the background a nice comfy sofa 14 chips a shit manager and some cheerleader's.

At least Meire can do things her way at club brugge. She's the boss.
  • I have seen this in life. Useless people get chance after chance but their uselessness can ultimately never escape them. Of course she may not be useless in everything she does, but she certainly was in the path she chose in recent years.
  • Wonder if she’ll be in the running for the head of the FA job.
  • She is not useless in getting decent jobs.
  • The Peter Principle in action (although I'm not sure she ever demonstrated competence before joining Charlton).

Does anyone know if there is a Belgian equivalence of Schadenfreude?
  • I have seen this in life. Useless people get chance after chance but their uselessness can ultimately never escape them. Of course she may not be useless in everything she does, but she certainly was in the path she chose in recent years.
    If you have complete self belief you will get on. Katrien is no different to Donald Trump.
  • Wonder if she’ll be in the running for the head of the FA job.
    Worrying they seemed to think highly of her. I would say  hope they have come to their senses, but we are talking the FA here
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder if Dido Harding has poached her to sort out the mess that is Track & Trace or whatever it’s bloody called. Them two could be the dream ticket 😡😡
  • I wonder if Dido Harding has poached her to sort out the mess that is Track & Trace or whatever it’s bloody called. Them two could be the dream ticket 😡😡

Failing Grayling could bring a lot to that party!
  • edited November 2020
    I wonder if Dido Harding has poached her to sort out the mess that is Track & Trace or whatever it’s bloody called. Them two could be the dream ticket 😡😡

Failing Grayling could bring a lot to that party!
    Funny you should mention that incompetent buffoon.  If you find that stuff is unavailable in the shops and on-line for Christmas delivery, here's the reason:  Felixstowe Port - advised by Chris Grayling - in "chaos" as Christmas and Brexit loom (thelondoneconomic.com) and Appointment of 'Failing Grayling' as Port Advisor Sums Up Lack of Comprehension of Forwarders Mood - Latest industry shipping news from the Handy Shipping Guide
  • Does the 'casting couch' still exist?
  • edited November 2020
    MrWalker said:
    She gets jobs due to her no doubt inflated CV.

But as she isn't very smart, takes credit for others achievements, refuses to learn and can't accept criticism she soon gets found out once in the job.

Oh well, she was just useless and vindictive rather than money grabbing, corrupt and clueless so in comparison with Southall, Amis, etc not quite so bad.

But she was still terrible.
    Oh, focus on the negatives, why don't you?
    ;-)
    Fair enough, lets just say that she is consistent then?